May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves...May 2008 Repo Thread...Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are here. Let the cabin assignments begin!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Doug & Carol

From your mouth to DCL's ears! I think we'll see them before the week is out.

Perhaps we should review who needs to be notified of room numbers.

Linda (Seaulater), keeper of the mini navigator
Lisa (LiserAnn), master list keeper
Your FE team leader (Carol, pahrumpgirl for me)
Your table companions
And anyone else you want to be able to find/call you right away!

I vow to pull my taxes together TONIGHT. My friend, WallyB reminded me:
tigger-1.gif

Tigger can't go to jail for Tax Evasion -
He won't look good in stripes :sad2: ... oh wait ... nevemind.;)

....tiime to hit the shower.....
....see you at lunch break.....

That is such a pain....I'll be scrambling to get our seats the day before we go....can you imagine...not sitting together....not the way I want to start this 'trip of a lifetime'

I was able to book my flight and my seats on Air Canada last august....

I think Southwest may be the only airline that doesn't do advance seat assignments. It is a pain, but the price is right. By the end of our trip DH and I may want to sit apart. ;)

Goodmorning all, still up in the bay area (which is going nuts for the torch!) Off for another 6+ hours of speaking today. I've been trying to cut and stuff badges each night, which is proving to be quite challenging. So, I'm going to recruit a few people to help me do the stuffing. Each badge has taken me about 5-10 min. to stuff the silly little badge into :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: So, I'll be getting in touch with several of the people in charge of distribution to help. Have a good day all!

Kelly, can you give a measurement of the tag stuffer, I want to make sure I did not make my too large. Thank you very much.

Pj

Goodmorning all, still up in the bay area (which is going nuts for the torch!)

We lived in VA when the torch went through our town. It was a lot of fun to go and watch. With tensions they way they are I'm not sure I would go today. France looked scary.

After a really hard day today, I have decided that I am in desperate need of this upcoming vacation. I need to check out of reality for a couple of weeks.

Ian, after the day I had yesterday, I agree with you 100%.

When I opened the my disney and see the new sign now - no more blue mickey head/fish. New style wow.

Anyway, still GTY!!

Another day maybe TOMORROW??????

Scottishwee35

We've all been planning, buying and chatting for almost one and a half years

What is the one thing that you are most worried about?:scared1:

Mine is the airlines losing our luggage!!! It started right after our direct flight to Orlando was routed through Toronto....

Hey, Amy (of John and Amy) is flying home today (tonight?) woo hoo!

Pj

Bruce (?) or is it Nancy?

Have you ever thought about driving to Albany or Syracuse to fly to Orlando? Would it even be a good option, how far a drive is it?

Pj

We've all been planning, buying and chatting for almost one and a half years

What is the one thing that you are most worried about?:scared1:

Mine is the airlines losing our luggage!!! It started right after our direct flight to Orlando was routed through Toronto....

Illness, I don't want to wake up the morning we are leaving for WDW and be sick, or worse yet a toothache.

When we came back from our last cruise I had to have a root canal. I had a tooth filled before we left and things went down hill from there. This year I planned my dental appts for last month. So all should be good!

"What me worry" mine is the flying I hate to fly!!!!!! (control issues be OK if I had the wheel)

So DEB try this on for size:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

NEMO4A.jpg

Bruce (?) or is it Nancy?

Have you ever thought about driving to Albany or Syracuse to fly to Orlando? Would it even be a good option, how far a drive is it?

Pj

:lmao: It's Bruce...We're 3 1/2 hrs from Syracuse....it's the extra cost....the actual drive, parking....and then knowing we have a long drive back to Ottawa...

We did the drive to Toronto option our first trip down....never again....

lol...that's why I always try and get a direct flight (Air Canada up to mid-April and Westjet before they decided to do away with Direct flights (after we had booked one)

I found you all. Busy day here at work. My assistant is out for a third day sick. I sure hope that's all it is. She has me very worried. She has some personal demons that she has yet to deal with. I'm praying she does not pull something funny. Like having a breakdown when I leave in 29 days.:scared1:

I still need to get our early May in CA portion of our trip squared away. We are now thinking we may just stay with DrHug's sis in Mission Viejo for the few days before we fly out and drive to DL from there for a couple of days. I will check Priceline once more and see what I can get, otherwise we will just stay with sis. I do need to book one night at LAX prior to flying out. We have a 9:45 flight (Southwest) and I do NOT want to be in LA traffic at 6:30 am. Too many decisions.....:scared:

The worse ones I ever had were the ones given in the military....they almost threw them at you....and don't even go there about the atropine (sp) self-injectors....

I used to be scared of having injections. Until I joined the military where, during basic training, we had to walk in one door, through the medical centre and out the other door - during which time we were given 4 different injections, the pinprick blood test, the schick (sp?) test for TB, and the polio sugar lump. Since then, no problem!

Although I was banned from giving blood because I always black out.

"What me worry" mine is the flying I hate to fly!!!!!! (control issues be OK if I had the wheel)

So DEB try this on for size:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

NEMO4A.jpg

Oh, John, that's great!

I found you all. Busy day here at work. My assistant is out for a third day sick. I sure hope that's all it is. She has me very worried. She has some personal demons that she has yet to deal with. I'm praying she does not pull something funny. Like having a breakdown when I leave in 29 days.:scared1:

That's my fear, I think. Something happening to my team-mate (who's in her final week of surgery recuperation). I'd also rather not have my luggage lost, thank you, as finding any replacement garments in my size would be quite a challenge (though I'm sure I could rely on my fluffier cruise-mates to help out)!

...ok...really going to work now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by onekindman
Hi everyone, just checking in to let everyone know I am still alive, just been very busy with the boys and work. If anything has happened that I should know about, please PM me, as I am helplessly behind in my DIS reading. Still waiting quietly in a lifeboat, but hey, if worst case happens, at least I am gty a spot if the ship goes down!:confused3

Steve, great to see you post again. Life is busy. I think you missed out on some $1 make up, but you and the boys probably don't really need much of that. ;)

Hi Angie,
I think you are right, the boys and I hardly ever use the makeup, but thank you for the update.

We are still GTY too. I think our comments about the swimming fish has caused the DCL folks to change to a swimming Mickey so people will not complain as much. I e-mailed DCL last night asking when I should expect an assignment and to ask what brands of Scotch they will be selling in the duty free store. Since I am lucky enough not to be flying home after the cruise, I want to get a "Very nice bottle of Scotch" duty free and not have to risk it breaking on the flight home. I will let everone know the answers.

Ok off to work I go again. (need the money for the Scotch!):laughing:

Ian,

I have been thinking about your avatar. Many threads ago you asked if anyone could identify them. I am pretty sure that's Ken, but it is hard to see the one in the back. It could be Midge, but I can't see any freckles. It could also be Francie, but I thought her hair was longer. How am I doing?

Cork

Nope. Not Ken and Francie.

But here's a hint. She was made by Ideal to compete with Barbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter