• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Those of you saying it's terrible, you're talking about wifi, correct? Generally speaking, is Verizon data ok for max pass? I don't really remember having any trouble before.

Those of you saying it's terrible, you're talking about wifi, correct? Generally speaking, is Verizon data ok for max pass? I don't really remember having any trouble before.
For the most part, but there were still a few areas where I had trouble getting service.

Verizon worked fine 98% of the time for MaxPass etc. during our trip in August. And I used less than 1GB of data for that whole month, so the MaxPass data usage was much less than I thought it would be.

PHXscuba

Here now, using data only. DH's Verizon iPhone 7 can't open the app except when it's not important. My Google phone is working great. interestingly, Google uses Sprint and I have not been able to get a signal in Disneyland with Sprint service in ten years of trying.
I have Sprint and have never had a problem getting signal in the parks, other than inside ride buildings. I've only had Sprint for a few years though, so maybe they've improved their coverage over time.

Verizon worked fine 98% of the time for MaxPass etc. during our trip in August. And I used less than 1GB of data for that whole month, so the MaxPass data usage was much less than I thought it would be.

PHXscuba
Yes, I can say that the data usage of the app is very low, at least. There's no worry of overages.

With Photopass on your Maxpass can they just scan my AP when I get photos done and will it link up to my account or do I need one of the Photopass cards?
Also how does it work getting attraction photos?

With Photopass on your Maxpass can they just scan my AP when I get photos done and will it link up to my account or do I need one of the Photopass cards?
Not sure on the first question. I believe that is the case.

Second question, you need to get the number of your photo and enter it in manually. I would just take a picture of the picture with my phone and then enter the number in later.

T-Mobile here, and zero problems getting cellular reception. Unlimited data here, so I don’t need WiFi.

Thought I’d check in and say that I spoke too soon. There are several spots (mostly in lines, like at Splash) where the cell service is non-existent. But I never had a problem anywhere outside.

You may need to scan/type in the photo pass numbers on your ap into the app for them to show up. Alternatively you can show them the QR code that is generated in the app for the to scan for your pictures.

I take back my words about not getting MaxPass. We were in the parks for two days September 30th & October 1st, tried it and absolutely loved it. I am still disgruntled about being nickled and dimed to death, but we will probably use it again for our next trip in December.

ETA: We have AT&T and really had no issues with reception except inside some of the rides (Guardians, Soarin, etc.). I wasn't using the wifi though, only our cellular data. My battery did almost run out on Sunday, as we didn't return to our hotel for midafternoon nap/recharge. I ended up buying a fuel rod in the park and charged mine all the way back up, then traded in the used fuel rod and charged up my husbands phone.

Last edited:
Just returned home and a HUGE Maxpass fan. We have Verizon, never had any issues anywhere in either park. It just worked.
We used our physical AP for PhotoPass, just easier than pulling stuff up on the phone. It saved so much time and walking to book a FP via phone. Love the new system.

I’m excited to test out MP on Saturday. My bf has Verizon and I have TMobile. I made him download the app and use my sign in so we can use whichever phone has the best reception.

Sorry if this has been asked... if I’m in DCA can I book a MP for a ride in DL?

I’m excited to test out MP on Saturday. My bf has Verizon and I have TMobile. I made him download the app and use my sign in so we can use whichever phone has the best reception.

Sorry if this has been asked... if I’m in DCA can I book a MP for a ride in DL?
Yes

To cancel a FP in MP, you have to actually click on the FP and then get to the next screen where the actual FPs are, and then there is the option to cancel, IIRC.

Are there more MPs available than FPs? As of now I think it is space and HMH showing no more FPs. Does this mean there are no more MPs, too?

Yes and no. Yes, there are no more FPs, paper or with MP when the app says they are out. BUT if you have MP, keep refreshing or trying to book one, and FPs WILL often open up, for rides that are "all out for the day" on the app and out for the day at the paper machines. As well, often for rides where the return time on the app is much later that day, when you actually go to book it via MP, it will sometimes offer you a much earlier time (a cancelled MP I guess). So don't go by what the general app says about return time or availability if you are using MP. Try to actually book something, and it often gives many other options. SO FUN!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter