MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Question, I was wondering if we are going to use child swap does a person need to have a fast past to begin with? For example, it is myself, husband, 22 month old, and our 10 year old. I will be getting max pass, but I'm wondering if I need to buy two or three. We use child swap and my son usually just goes again with the parent that stayed behind with the 22 month old...do they require you to have a fast pass along your party in order to provide the child swap? I know for the regular line they don't obviously, but just curious if having a fast pass changes anything..if I have to buy three I will.
You have to buy 2 if your son wants to go with first parent. Otherwise he can only ride with 2nd parent using swap and won't need a max pass.

We're headed with a group of 9 to Disneyland next week and can't justify the cost for all of us to have Maxpasses. I'm wondering though if just I can purchase one Maxpass for the cheap Photo benefits but still get regular paper fast passes in order to have the same return time as the rest of my family? Does anyone know if that will work or can I only get fast passes digitally if I add Maxpass to just my pass? Thanks!

We're headed with a group of 9 to Disneyland next week and can't justify the cost for all of us to have Maxpasses. I'm wondering though if just I can purchase one Maxpass for the cheap Photo benefits but still get regular paper fast passes in order to have the same return time as the rest of my family? Does anyone know if that will work or can I only get fast passes digitally if I add Maxpass to just my pass? Thanks!
You can still get paper fp. You can get it just for photos.

Thought I'd give my feedback. Our first day we stuck to the free paper Fastpass. It was fine but there were definitely times we wished we could just book on the app...for example, we completed a Fastpass but we wanted to grab lunch...so time wasted with no Fastpass at all. Another example is we wanted Toy Story but it's at the far end of DCA with no other rides around it that interested us...we ended up running out of time and missed it.

So we ended up getting MaxPass for our remaining 3days (4 of us). It is costly but we used it today and love the convenience. You don't need to run around. Another difference, is when I booked for a headliner that was past the 2hour time, it was saying I could book next Fastpass in 1.5 hrs from the time. Is is always 30 minutss sooner than if you booked at the Fastpass stations?

P.S. We also made sure to stop at photographers when we saw them. They are the only pictures we have so far of the 4of us.

... Another difference, is when I booked for a headliner that was past the 2hour time, it was saying I could book next Fastpass in 1.5 hrs from the time. Is is always 30 minutss sooner than if you booked at the Fastpass stations?...

Yes, one of the benefits of MP is the 90 minute window vs. the 120 minute window with regular FP when your return time is more than 2 hours away.

Yes, one of the benefits of MP is the 90 minute window vs. the 120 minute window with regular FP when your return time is more than 2 hours away.

That's great. First time I thought I misread so we waited the 2hrs but then noticed again second time that it was in fact 90 min window (one was Soarin and other Radiator Springs so both had return time past 2hr window).

:confused3Is there a MaxPass for the complete idiot thread somewhere? Like a primer for what it is and how to use it? We're WDW regulars, but have zero knowledge of DL...and we booked a trip in less than a month.

If you're WDW regulars, it is very similar to FP+. A few differences are that you can't book days in advance and have 3 to start off, I don't think you can edit passes (only cancel), it includes PhotoPass for the day you have it. Anything I'm missing?

If you're WDW regulars, it is very similar to FP+. A few differences are that you can't book days in advance and have 3 to start off, I don't think you can edit passes (only cancel), it includes PhotoPass for the day you have it. Anything I'm missing?
Yes. You don't get to choose windows. The FP windows are like legacy FP and move throughout the day. Also Legacy FP is still in operation in parallel. Finally it costs extra unlike FP+. $10 per day per person.

One of the big differences is that you can't choose a time. You can only choose to book what is up next.

One of the big differences is that you can't choose a time. You can only choose to book what is up next.

So I can't pick say Haunted Mansion, I can only choose to book the next available option - which may be a ride I don't like or one that's on the other side of the park from me?

Yes. You don't get to choose windows. The FP windows are like legacy FP and move throughout the day. Also Legacy FP is still in operation in parallel. Finally it costs extra unlike FP+. $10 per day per person.

So to be 100% clear - there are 2 of us going for 4 days, so $20 a day, and $80 over the cost of the trip?

How do photo-downloads work? I assume the App is on my phone, would I be able to download the photos to my computer at a later date?

So I can't pick say Haunted Mansion, I can only choose to book the next available option - which may be a ride I don't like or one that's on the other side of the park from me?

So to be 100% clear - there are 2 of us going for 4 days, so $20 a day, and $80 over the cost of the trip?

How do photo-downloads work? I assume the App is on my phone, would I be able to download the photos to my computer at a later date?
You can pick the ride but you can't pick the time, it's like taking a number at the deli counter.

Yes.

Except you do not have to get MP every day. Say you are tired on day 3 and want to come to the parks only for the evening. You can skip MP that day and save $20. In that case you can still use the legacy paper FPs for free.

For photopass photographers they can scan your photos using your app. Those will load directly into your account.

For rides you will need to enter the ride photo ID numbers manually. Usually it is best just to take a photo of each ride photo and use that to get the ride Photo numbers. If you enter those in the app the photos will show in the app soon after. You can also wait and enter them on your computer or tablet later.

Another question. We have already purchased AP cards (got them right before the 13 month promo ended), on the first morning we might not make it to the park early enough to go through the ticket window to add MP and also make rope drop. If we go ahead, enter the park and happen to do a ride with a photo (such as my 3-yr-old's first time on RSR), will I still be able to get the photo download as long as I purchase MP later that same day?

Another question. We have already purchased AP cards (got them right before the 13 month promo ended), on the first morning we might not make it to the park early enough to go through the ticket window to add MP and also make rope drop. If we go ahead, enter the park and happen to do a ride with a photo (such as my 3-yr-old's first time on RSR), will I still be able to get the photo download as long as I purchase MP later that same day?

Yes. This is similar to another post where someone asked about photos at breakfast (goofys kitchen) in the morning before they enter the park.

You just take the photo pass card and enter the number later when you have maxpass

I'm so confused!!! Can I just get some things clarified?

It's just DH and I. We will be upgrading Annual passes and also buying the maxpasses for the year.

1. So we can just scan both of our APs into HIS app (I don't have to create an account to scan mine in)?

2. If I do create my own account, can we use his for everything, but also scan mine into my account in case we split up for a ride or 2?

3. When we get a fastpass through maxpass, does he have to go through the motions twice, one for each of us? Or does it automatically get them for 2 of us in one action?

I guess I have to actually SEE how it works when we get there - I'm having a hard time figuring this out exactly, even though I've done a bit of reading up on it.

It's just DH and I. We will be upgrading Annual passes and also buying the maxpasses for the year.

1. So we can just scan both of our APs into HIS app (I don't have to create an account to scan mine in)?

2. If I do create my own account, can we use his for everything, but also scan mine into my account in case we split up for a ride or 2?

3. When we get a fastpass through maxpass, does he have to go through the motions twice, one for each of us? Or does it automatically get them for 2 of us in one action?

I guess I have to actually SEE how it works when we get there - I'm having a hard time figuring this out exactly, even though I've done a bit of reading up on it.

You can scan both APs into your app and your husbands. It won't duplicate them. Just make sure to enter your name for each ticket when you upload the AP into the app. You can then use one app for both of you by creating a Fast Pass party. This lets you book FPs together at once for your whole group, or you can do them separate if you prefer.

Scan them both into his phone. It'll create a "fast pass party". When it comes time to pull a FP, just make sure both are checked (which should happen automatically). You can definitely set it up on your phone, too, to use if you separate. You do have to kind of see it. It's super easy once you're looking at it.

Check out you tube.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter