Mass Shooting at Pittsburgh Synagogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, how do you do that? Never heard of the app. Where I live (Virginia) it requires a visit to the doctor.
Also has a website nurx.com not available in all states though!

"Nurx’s telemedicine service is available to residents in California, New York, District of Columbia, Washington, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Florida, Indiana, Michigan, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Colorado, and Texas. This service is permitted in the aforementioned states but may not be permitted in other states. As such, the service is only offered to residents of the states listed at this time and only uses clinicians who are licensed in those states to prescribe medication through the telemedicine resources offered on our website and mobile application.

Wait...you don't have to pay for water and sewrs?

No we have a water bill. They just now want to tax you for it. New Jersey has some of the highest taxes. New governor is trying to generate $1.6 billion with a new tax plan. One of the reasons no one stay ins Jersey lol.

The issue is that people exaggerate how easy it is to get a gun. It is not easy to purchase a firearm and it's a lengthy process. It includes many forms, a background check, you need to have references to back you up. The media wants you to believe that anyone can just walk in and buy a gun at any moment and they will just walk out with an assault rifle. I've seen the ridiculous ad were they claim it's harder to get birth control in the US then a gun. It is complete bologna. People preaching we need stricter gun laws or an entire ban. Gun laws are way stricter in the US then they have ever been but the rate of shootings is on the rise. We tighten the laws and only saw more shootings.
It is quite easy to get a gun at a gun show, actually, and nationwide gun control laws have weakened over the past several years. Most people need a doctor's approval to get birth control. The same should be true for getting a gun. A psychiatric evaluation should be required.

The issue is that people exaggerate how easy it is to get a gun. It is not easy to purchase a firearm and it's a lengthy process. It includes many forms, a background check, you need to have references to back you up. The media wants you to believe that anyone can just walk in and buy a gun at any moment and they will just walk out with an assault rifle. I've seen the ridiculous ad were they claim it's harder to get birth control in the US then a gun. It is complete bologna. People preaching we need stricter gun laws or an entire ban. Gun laws are way stricter in the US then they have ever been but the rate of shootings is on the rise. We tighten the laws and only saw more shootings.

You are incorrect. You can buy guns out of someone’s trunk here in Louisiana. You can mail them. You can walk out of a gun show with however many you want.

Please don’t start with the media nonsense.

As sad as this is, it's not shocking, and it's what the USA has decided (as a whole) is acceptable. Otherwise we would take some steps to address this ongoing issue. This is just one of those unfortunate side-effects of living here. You might get shot at any random time. Just like whenever you drive anywhere you take the risk of being in a fatal car accident. Or if you get the flu, you could die from it. Just a fact of life.

Going to the grocery store? Might get shot. Movies? Might get shot. Want to go to school? Might get shot. Going to the mall? Yup, could get shot! Going to church? Watch out ... could get shot. Want to go to a sporting event? Video game tournament? Music concert? Guess what .... could get shot!

More and more, we like to vacation overseas when we can. I feel better about spending my disposable income in safer areas that seem to value life more.

I'm not religious at all, but a long time ago I started feeling that big crowded church services were just the kind of place where attacks might be likely to happen. Just feel like a sitting duck there.

I know it was an ambush, that’s why I said what I said. My point was more about his choice of weapon & your insinuation in the other post that said choice is WHY a guard would be at a disadvantage (and my frustration with similar claims every single time a rifle is involved in a close-up shooting).
The murderer also had 3 handguns so I edited my OP to include those at your suggestion.

You are incorrect. You can buy guns out of someone’s trunk here in Louisiana. You can mail them. You can walk out of a gun show with however many you want.

Please don’t start with the media nonsense.
I am not incorrect in every state. Some states have stricter gun laws than others. Do you mean the biased media?

It is quite easy to get a gun at a gun show, actually, and nationwide gun control laws have weakened over the past several years. Most people need a doctor's approval to get birth control. The same should be true for getting a gun. A psychiatric evaluation should be required.

The people who could not pass a psych evaluation would just find another way to harm people. Sorry, that is the truth.

I despise hate crime incidents and I know this one is not confirmed but is being investigated as one.

Local news story says he targeted a place that is "nonprofit group that helps refugees around the world find safety and freedom. The organization says it is guided by Jewish values and history."

If indeed it's found to be a hate crime I'm wondering if the issue the person saw was refugees, people who are Jewish or both. Was the person only interested in this nonprofit group or did he have issues with other entitites out there.

It's terrible though to think you're just there with your baby or to celebrate the life of a baby and then this happens :sad2::sad1:

No we have a water bill. They just now want to tax you for it. New Jersey has some of the highest taxes. New governor is trying to generate $1.6 billion with a new tax plan. One of the reasons no one stay ins Jersey lol.
Seriously off topic for the thread but do you just pay for water usage and that's it? Meaning you don't pay a service charge or something like that?

I'm out winter coat shopping and haven't kept up with the news. Was everyone killed at the bris?
It was during the bris. I originally thought all the victims were at the bris but there were 3 separate things going on at the same time. My guess it was whoever was within the main sanctuary.

:welcome: to the DIS. Did you create this screen name just to be blatantly political? BTW, to give you the benefit of doubt, political posts are not allowed here.

Thank you for the welcome! I have never made any political posts before today thank you for your concern though. Interesting how you single me out and warn me for being "political" but say nothing to people voicing opinions from the other side. My opinion isn't allowed but everyone who has a different view can type away! Have a good day!

I despise hate crime incidents and I know this one is not confirmed but is being investigated as one.

Local news story says he targeted a place that is "nonprofit group that helps refugees around the world find safety and freedom. The organization says it is guided by Jewish values and history."

If indeed it's found to be a hate crime I'm wondering if the issue the person saw was refugees, people who are Jewish or both. Was the person only interested in this nonprofit group or did he have issues with other entitites out there.

It's terrible though to think you're just there with your baby or to celebrate the life of a baby and then this happens :sad2::sad1:

The man is a raging anti-Semite. He said Trump was controlled by the Jews. He felt Trump wasn't racist enough... his social media posts are being leaked. No way this can't be a hate crime.

Shame, people worrying about refugees when these real life monsters are born and bred in America.

Last edited:
And just the other day I heard on the National CBS news about a woman in China or Japan (can’t remember which) that went on a rampage with a knife injuring 14 children at a school. So, it’s not the guns doing the hurting and killing, it’s people. People.

People with guns cause more damage and are more effective and can kill more at a faster rate. The end.

The people who could not pass a psych evaluation would just find another way to harm people. Sorry, that is the truth.

Guns are more effective, which is why the military and police are not going around with a knife, or whatever else you are implying here. And looks like AR 15's are very effective, this guy took down multiple police, I heard 3 then 4 not sure now what it is yet and multiple others. He wouldn't have been able to do that much damage as easily if he hadn't had the weapons he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter