• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Masonic groups - Adult and Youth

My DMIL was very active in Eastern Star, as were several of my female relatives, and it was a very treasured part of their lives. DH isn't interested in joining the Masons, alas, but I may e-mail the contact for the chapter in our town. (Like I have time - guess I would have to make time!) Would they be interested in me even if DH isn't interested in the Masons?

My DMIL was very active in Eastern Star, as were several of my female relatives, and it was a very treasured part of their lives. DH isn't interested in joining the Masons, alas, but I may e-mail the contact for the chapter in our town. (Like I have time - guess I would have to make time!) Would they be interested in me even if DH isn't interested in the Masons?

Yes they would! My husband isn't a Mason and has no interest in joining either. :thumbsup2

Most of my husbands family are Masons, he is a 32nd degree Scottish rite mason & we are both in eastern stars. I as a star point MANY times, our chapter is getting really small & old, not enough to carry on soon. my sister In law has been worthy matron 7 times!!! no one wants to go through the chairs ( not even me).

My mother-in-law was Grand Ruth in Ohio one year.

My FIL is a Grand Chaplain in upstate NY, and MIL is involved in Eastern Star. DH has no interest in joining and since we live in Ohio, we are not really involved at all, but they invited us to some events such as FIL's apron ceremony. We were on vacation that week though and not able to attend.

My husband's grandfather was a Grand Master and my husband has talked a few times about joining. I would be up for joining Eastern Star and raising our (future) children in the community.

Walt was not a Mason but Roy as. As a boy, Walt was in the Demolay club.

My grandad was honored with an invitation to become a 33rd degree Mason. He went to D.C. for initiation.
Neither my dad nor any other family members are involved as masons.

My husband's grandfather was a Grand Master and my husband has talked a few times about joining. I would be up for joining Eastern Star and raising our (future) children in the community.

My grandfather was a Grand Master, and my grandmother and all of her sisters were Easter Star. His funeral had quite an impressive turnout! I was a rainbow girl back in the day (the best part was having the keys to the masonic temple when I was in HS - we'd sneak in an drink - shhhh....). It actually helped a lot with public speaking!

For anybody who used to be a Rainbow or a Jobie, you can do a search on youtube and find a bunch of stuff. Unfortunately, there isn't anything for the group I was in (Triangle).

Just wanted to give this thread a bump!

For anybody that is interested, here is a link to my youth groups facebook page. It would be great if any Masons, OES , Amaranth, etc. would give it a like and show support for the future of our organization!

https://www.facebook.com/OOTNY

So many things to say, but I will not. I would just love it if people would form opinions about things they know, not what they think they know.

My father was Grand Master and most of his relatives were very active in Masons and the Shrine. I was Honored Queen of Jobs Daughters but did not go into the Eastern Star.

Unfortunately you do not hear so much about Jobs Daughters in our area anymore. I did enjoy my time with them and am so thankful that I joined.

Just saw this thread as well. My DH and FIL are both Masons. We do a lot socially with fellow Masons and their wives, and I help out with a couple of their big charity events each year. I've met some great people through them.

Interesting old thread. I've been a Mason for about 20 years and have never heard of some of these affiliated groups. We had an Eastern Star chapter in my lodge. I've heard of Demolay, Rainbow Girls and Jobes Daughters. I left my lodge in MD (physically, I'm still a dues paying member there) but haven't been active since moving to Florida. I'm a 32° Scottish Rite Mason as well as the York Rite/Knights Templar. Masonry is a fantastic organization. One last thing, I have never seen or heard of any racial discrimination in any Masonic lodges I've been associated with. Now there may have been some confusion as there is a Lodge founded around the time of the American Revolution for black members called "Prince Hall". Named after a person,, not royalty. I believe that have their own versions of apendant bodies. Anyway, nice thread even if it's 10 years old!

One last thing, I have never seen or heard of any racial discrimination in any Masonic lodges I've been associated with.

I haven't either. Admittedly, I'm in the Northeast - so I can't speak for the whole country, but the Lodges DH is affiliated with have members of all different skin tones.

I know I am late to the party here, but ....sitting Senior Deacon at Clifton Lodge #203 and also PMC of Clifton DeMolay.
You are right around the corner from me, unfortunately I think my aunt in woodland park will be having services soon.
I've never heard of any of this stuff. Maybe it's not a thing in certain areas?
At least in my fami,y, it’s been handed down from generation to generation, although I’m pretty sure my cousins aren’t involved, and I’m not anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter