Masonic groups - Adult and Youth

JaneBanks

Lime Cordial, delicious!
Is anybody a member of a Masonic order? Masons, Eastern Star, Amaranth? Was anybody part of the youth groups? DeMolay, Rainbow, Jobs Daughters, Triangle or Constellation?

I was a member of Triangle ( only found in NY, same for Constellation ) and I am now thinking of joining Amaranth. My friend from Triangle is a member so she's wanting me to join.

I was just wondering if there are fellow Masons here. It would be great to "meet" you here!

I have to say, my Triangle ( 11-21 ) years were a lot of fun and I hold those memories very dear to my heart. :goodvibes

I was a Rainbow girl. Haven't thought about those days in a very long time. It was a wonderful experience. Some of those ceremonies were touching and beautiful. Now that you brought it to mind, I'll have to see if there are any active chapters in my area. I wouldn't mind getting involved again! Oh, and my dad was a Mason. All the masonic folks I was around were good people and involved in many good works.

Thanks for making me remember some pleasant times!

I was also a Rainbow Girl. My state seceded over some issues with the International Governing Board the year that St. Louis hosted the International Assembly. About half of our assemblies seceded and formed a separate organization that kept most of the same things. I was a Worthy Advisor with that organization as well as a Grand Officer and Cross of Color. Sadly, we couldn't keep up the momentum and that organization fizzled out.

I would love to get back involved and see if I could get into Grand Cross with the actual organization and maybe do Eastern Star or Amaranth. It was honestly one of the best things I ever did. I became a good public speaker and also became good at memorizing thanks to that organization.

I was also a rainbow girl. I joined eastern star and amaranth. Amaranth is a much smaller organization, but the rituals are beautiful. Easter star rituals are very much like rainbow ones. I encourage all ladies who were once members of rainbow to look into joining either one.

The only caution I would give a majority rainbow girl joining is that a very few ladies are not as receptive to those who join who are not related to a mason.

Wow! It is great to see other people who were involved in something like I was and share similar memories.

As a Triangle girl, I visited an open Rainbow meeting. I remember liking it a lot. I liked to see the similarities and the differences, but I mostly liked the colors. lol

Unfortunately, Triangle is not what it used to be. My chapter has closed down and I know a bunch have closed upstate. We used to go to convention every other year and the hotel would be swarming with girls in white gowns. I hear it's not the same anymore.

When I join Amaranth, my friend and I are going to try and do something to help the situation. That's if the hire ups will let us, of course.

ETA: For all of you former Rainbow girls, I found this on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSrqT61rHiw

I was a Rainbow Girl, and am a Past Worthy Advisor of Meadville Assembly #12. (Pennsylvania).

I told my husband 21 years ago when we got married that he had to join the Masons so I could join Eastern Star. I am still waiting.

I was a Rainbow Girl in Illinois. My daughter turns 11 in May, and the day after her birthday will be initiated into our local assembly. The Mother Advisor is a girl I was in Rainbow with, so it is pretty cool.

I told my husband 21 years ago when we got married that he had to join the Masons so I could join Eastern Star. I am still waiting.

You do know that as a former Rainbow girl, you can join Eastern Star?

I was a Rainbow Girl in Maryland (past Worthy Advisor and Past Grand Treasurer).

My mother still works with Maryland Rainbow.

Father is a Master Mason (past GM of DC) and a member of numerous other Masonic organizations including Eastern Star as well. My husband (is a Mason as well) who they told that they wouldn't bug him until we had been married one year and at that point he got a lot of "hints" lol.

Mom is in Eastern Star and the Grand Worthy Matron of DC.

I am an Eastern Star (joined at 18) and have a life membership but have never gone to anything.

Can you tell that my family is very active in the organizations.:rotfl2:

I was a Rainbow Girl in New Jersey. My mom was in Eastern Star but didn't participate very much. My dad was an active Mason all of my life and held several high ranking positions. He was also a Shriner.

My grandmother is heavily involved in Eastern Stars, my mother is an Eastern Stars member but does not actively participate and my grandfather was both a mason and an Eastern Star (grandparents were worthy matron/patron when I was a year old).

My mom was involved with Rainbows as a girl and her brother a DeMoley. I wanted to be a rainbow girl so badly. We had our "interview" and the grand advisor told me that I was not to speak of the Rainbows with any of my ethnic or black friends because they had their own chapter. As a 13 year old mouthy girl, that ticked me off and I told her to leave our house. My mom and grandma were terribly embarrassed but I wouldn't budge on my decision and never did join.

My grandma has asked several times over the years if I'd like to join Stars and I always think back to my Rainbow interview and while I know now that there is a division of chapters, it still just doesn't set right with me.

We had our "interview" and the grand advisor told me that I was not to speak of the Rainbows with any of my ethnic or black friends because they had their own chapter. .

Wow--I was never told that! But then, in my rural PA school, there were only three people of color, and the two my age were guys....

I was in Job's for about 3 years until I found out some things that made me regret ever being involved at all. (Grandfather was a Mason, Step dad joined the Masons and the men encouraged family partcipation when they found out about my granddad and that my dad was a demolay)

I was installed as royalty/leader after a few years and found out that I could not invite any friends who were African American to my reception. A lot of platitudes were given and justifications but it boiled down to "those girls" have their own groups to join and socialize with. And I kid you not they used the words "those girls".

I completed my commitment, at the bare minimum then promptly quit. They knew that I was PO'd and tried to brush it off but I was only 16 and while they could guilt me into at least showing up, they knew that I would not do anything more. I think at the end they were glad I left.

My stepdad at the time stayed involved (which doesn't surprise me as he's just that kind of person to endorse seperation) but he and mom divorced about 4 years later and my mom never did another mason/eastern star thing again. She said later she only stayed involved to keep the peace in the marriage but that she hated being around the 'ladies'. (she did not use that word exactly)

I would not even consider joining as an adult, but I do know that it was probably more that I had such a bad experience, rather than any dislike of the organization as a whole. I do know Mason's and they really seem to enjoy it and more power to them but it's not for me.

i'm so glad i read this thread! my dad, grandfather and uncle are all masons, but i had NO clue there were any sort of masonic groups for women!

My grandmother is heavily involved in Eastern Stars, my mother is an Eastern Stars member but does not actively participate and my grandfather was both a mason and an Eastern Star (grandparents were worthy matron/patron when I was a year old).

My mom was involved with Rainbows as a girl and her brother a DeMoley. I wanted to be a rainbow girl so badly. We had our "interview" and the grand advisor told me that I was not to speak of the Rainbows with any of my ethnic or black friends because they had their own chapter. As a 13 year old mouthy girl, that ticked me off and I told her to leave our house. My mom and grandma were terribly embarrassed but I wouldn't budge on my decision and never did join.
My grandma has asked several times over the years if I'd like to join Stars and I always think back to my Rainbow interview and while I know now that there is a division of chapters, it still just doesn't set right with me.

:goodvibes Good for you! I hope I'm raising my kids in such a way that they'll be able to speak up for what's right like that at age 13.

Oh my gosh, I hadn't thought about my time in Job's Daughters for years! My uncle was a Mason so he encouraged me to join Jobies - he and my aunt were the adult leaders of my bethel. I forget what the proper title is - Worthy Patron and Worthy Matron?

After a few years of participation and holding minor offices, I was elected to the "line," where you progressed to Honored Queen. I got as far as Junior Princess, and on election night I was elected as Senior Princess. When asked if I would accept my election, I said "No." My mother said she would pay for an installation (as Honored Queen in six months) or a wedding but not both. I chose the wedding, and never regretted it.

I had a good time in JD and our bethel did many charitable and community service activities. It was a good life experience for me.

Queen Colleen (hey, I made it to Queen after all! Don't know how honored I am.)

Look at what I found!

426572_10151303724686806_1061960346_n.jpg

Bumping up this thread for my fellow Masonic youth alumni!

So, I joined my Amaranth Court in May and I'm so glad I did. I'm very much enjoying the experience. :goodvibes

Also, I'm very happy to say that a new Triangle (girls Masonic youth group) has opened up on Long Island. That is very encouraging!

I know there aren't many of us here but I would love to keep this thread active for us.

If there are any girls (10 or older) on Long Island or in the state of NY interested in joining Triangle (or boys in joining DeMolay), let me know and I'll give you any info you may need!

If there are any adults on Long Island who want to join Amaranth, let me know too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter