Masks no longer required outdoors at WDW

Exactly.

I'm not mad about it, but my child isn't yet eligible to be vaccinated. I hope people will be respectful of this fact and put their masks on in line. However, I've seen enough of human nature in the last year to doubt it.

We are in WDW now. All of us except my 10 year old daughter are vaccinated. We will all be wearing masks because she still has to. Still, exciting to know the vaccine is pushing us to “normalcy” again.

I’m interested in what parks like Dollywood and Seaworld are going to do about children under 12. They state vaccinated guests no longer need to wear masks. No children under 12 are vaccinated. At the same time are they increasing the age of masks requirements for those unvaccinated to anyone over 12?

And part we all know these new guidelines are about to descend into a free for all of obviously not vaccinated people in our personal space breathing in our faces everywhere we go.
Ahhh back to normal at Disney. I sure do miss it. Can't wait.

I’m interested in what parks like Dollywood and Seaworld are going to do about children under 12. They state vaccinated guests no longer need to wear masks. No children under 12 are vaccinated. At the same time are they increasing the age of masks requirements for those unvaccinated to anyone over 12?
Children under twelve are a lot more likely to die of other things. Within the last year over 28,000 children under 14 died. Of those 28,000 67 were attributed to COVID. That is one thing I am very thankful for, that COVID has had almost no affect on children. My three year old grandson had it and he has had colds that were much worse. Now if kids get the regular flu that is really bad. Almost 500 died the year before COVID and over 46,000 were hospitalized.

I’m thinking maybe employees still have to wear their masks outdoors due to the union contract ?? It may take more time to work that out.

Please remember that some are not vaccinated for valid reasons. They are not unclean.
That's what you took from my post? No, I wasn't saying anyone was unclean. I agree 100% with your statement quoted above.

ETA: Just trying to inject some levity into the mask topic which, even now, can become quite contentious. Counting down the days until everyone can go back to arguing about pool hopping and humongous strollers. :joker:

Last edited:
Children under twelve are a lot more likely to die of other things. Within the last year over 28,000 children under 14 died. Of those 28,000 67 were attributed to COVID. That is one thing I am very thankful for, that COVID has had almost no affect on children. My three year old grandson had it and he has had colds that were much worse. Now if kids get the regular flu that is really bad. Almost 500 died the year before COVID and over 46,000 were hospitalized.

I agree. So are Sea World and other parks who say vaccinated guests don’t need to wear masks going to change the rules for those too young to be vaccinated? Or are they expecting those with children to ignore the “vaccinated” portion of the new rule.

I’d like to see them officially change it. It makes it clearer that they are asking unvaccinated adults to still wear masks. I know they aren’t checking, and I’m ok with that. But I’d like to see it made clear that unvaccinated adults are breaking a rule to take a risk. The parks aren’t telling them it’s all clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter