Masks no longer required outdoors at WDW

You didn't appreciate my stats I was "spouting out" from other countries? 😊 I provided facts. Just because bureaucrats don't want to admit it just yet doesn't mean that it is still a "global pandemic." The WHO may never sound the all clear or say that it is truly over.

I would really stop using the WHO as a resource for your arguments. They really did not do so well at the start if this mess. Some people could draw conclusions that they might have been covering for China.
To be fair, we posted at the same time. I appreciate those stats. Just wanted to be clear that you are more than entitled to your opinion that it is no longer a pandemic, just know that it is your opinion.

Having it still be an "issue" does not mean it is still a global pandemic.

You are correct in your definitions. At one point this did meet the definition of a pandemic. But seeing how the CDC and WHO can't even decide on a common definition for a pandemic does not strengthen your position by using both of them as resources.
I'm fine with you having your opinion, I may not agree with it, but it's your opinion. Just not how a declaration of a pandemic works or the declaration of when it's considered done with.

How about, no? I’ve had just about enough of your condescending attempts to “teach me the error of my posting ways”.

Don’t like what I post? Feel free to block me. I thought you were relatively level-headed, but I have just about had enough of you finding a reason to reply to all of my comments.
Well, you seem to be trying to do the same to me...

Private messaging is usually advised from what I've found out instead of arguing heatedly on the thread. Also ignoring a poster is an option too (and works both ways). Maybe time for people to just hit the ignore button or leave it to private messaging :flower3:

Private messaging is usually advised from what I've found out instead of arguing heatedly on the thread. Also ignoring a poster is an option too (and works both ways). Maybe time for people to just hit the ignore button or leave it to private messaging :flower3:
PMing is always a good option.

I think other amusement parks have followed CDC's updated. Actually I remember hearing from people some already did before the guidance was updated although I can't remember if that was before the outdoors one was that was a few weeks ago. Anyone remember if theme parks or amusement parks were updating their mask requirements before the outdoors one? I know a lot did after this one last weekend (or maybe there's just been too many updates I can't keep track!)

I think other amusement parks have followed CDC's updated. Actually I remember hearing from people some already did before the guidance was updated although I can't remember if that was before the outdoors one was that was a few weeks ago. Anyone remember if theme parks or amusement parks were updating their mask requirements before the outdoors one? I know a lot did after this one last weekend (or maybe there's just been too many updates I can't keep track!)
Cedar Point opened last Friday and initially didn't require masks outdoors, but did inside (similar to Disney's now). But they changed it earlier this week to only "required" inside if you aren't vaccinated, so essentially not at all. I believe Hersheypark has also had no mask mandate for a little bit

Cedar Point opened last Friday and initially didn't require masks outdoors, but did inside (similar to Disney's now). But they changed it earlier this week to only "required" inside if you aren't vaccinated, so essentially not at all. I believe Hersheypark has also had no mask mandate for a little bit
Oh yeah! I do remember Hershey Park. And I think Cedar Point had been mentioned too. I know CA parks have obviously been under way different rules but it will be interesting since they have multiple companies out there what they will do. I think the longer it goes the less restrictions will be there though for places just opening up. Dollywood was mentioned at some point but I forget their rules.

Has everyone's water parks been opening this year? I think I was more wondering about places where water parks are more seasonal.

Oh yeah! I do remember Hershey Park. And I think Cedar Point had been mentioned too. I know CA parks have obviously been under way different rules but it will be interesting since they have multiple companies out there what they will do. I think the longer it goes the less restrictions will be there though for places just opening up. Dollywood was mentioned at some point but I forget their rules.

Has everyone's water parks been opening this year? I think I was more wondering about places where water parks are more seasonal.
Cedar Point's water park is open! I believe at least most of the Cedar Fair parks water parks are opening. Kings Dominion and Carowinds open this weekend and their water parks will be open. Kings Island's is also already open.

I feel like having water parks open is such a good sign!
I agree especially with how close you can be with people and that masks aren't advised when in water.

My local water park (connected to the amusement park) is opening up this year actually in a few days and it didn't open up last year. Reservations however are required, reservations are no longer required for the amusement park.

I did notice that since the CDC's update last week they updated their mask policy. Instead of just requiring a mask period (outside of water aspect) this is what they updated to:
  • Guests age 2 years and older are required to wear face coverings while indoors, unless actively eating and drinking. Face coverings are not required outdoors unless it is not possible to maintain 6’ of social distancing. Face coverings should completely cover the nose and mouth, and not have exhalation valves or vents, which allow virus particles to escape.
I think that's pretty close to WDW and USO's guidelines although I'm not sure about the "not possible to maintain 6' of social distancing" part

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter