Marvelous Villains May Exercise Challenge

Bea Arthur (from the Golden Girls) was the original choice to play Ursula. However, Bea declined, and Pat Carroll ended up being the only other actress who could give the very picky Howard Ashman the vocal performance he wanted.

Here's a short video of Pat Carroll doing a reading from The Little Mermaid script:

and here's a bonus feature of Pat reading The Haunted Mansion Ghost Host lines:

The Evil Queen is the villain in Disney's 1937 Snow White. She holds the distinction of being the first Disney animated features canon villain. Old publicity materials refer to the Evil Queen as Queen Grimhilde, but the name seems not to have stuck. She is more widely known as The Evil Queen, The Wicked Queen, or simply The Queen.

latest

I'm back! Adding 215 minutes since last check in.

1020/1240

I will hopefully have time to sit down and update totals later today or tonight. Looks like you all have been busy!

We had several color changes while I was away. Congratulations to scdak for reaching Cruella Orange, to Tasha228 and our TEAM(!!) for reaching Evil Queen Purple, and to snels and I for reaching Lady Tremaine and Her Daughters Pink!!!!! :cheer2: I'm so impressed with our progress so far. What a great team!

Zsa Zsa Gabor inspired Disney's take on Cruella De Vil. Zsa Zsa was quite popular at the time and known for wearing furs, so Walt Disney thought he might give Cruella a little Zsa Zsa touch, according to Lisa Davis who read for Cruella but ended up voicing Anita.

photo23.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter