Marriott hotels

MommyCMickey

Mouseketeer
Random question if anybody knows or works for Marriott…. I’m a lifetime silver elite, if I book a hotel through Disneylands website, do the hotels take our member number to add to our account or is that not allowed? I want to get the points for my stay so if it’s not allowed I’ll just book on Marriott website

You can still earn points for a stay booked through the Disneyland website, but you'll have to call Marriott or ask at the front desk when you check in to get your number added. Unless they've changed it, there is no place on the Disneyland booking page to add the Bonvoy number.

You can still earn points for a stay booked through the Disneyland website, but you'll have to call Marriott or ask at the front desk when you check in to get your number added. Unless they've changed it, there is no place on the Disneyland booking page to add the Bonvoy number.
Thank you!!!!!

Marriott's policy is to not allow you to earn points on these bookings. In practice, some phone agents and check in agents will be willing to add your number and give you points. But even if they take your number, the points may still not be awarded. I had a similar situation in Florida earlier this year and after the stay, I earned the Titanium elite welcome bonus points on the stay but zero base points for the amount spent on the room.

I advise not booking through the Disneyland website.

Marriott's policy is to not allow you to earn points on these bookings. In practice, some phone agents and check in agents will be willing to add your number and give you points. But even if they take your number, the points may still not be awarded. I had a similar situation in Florida earlier this year and after the stay, I earned the Titanium elite welcome bonus points on the stay but zero base points for the amount spent on the room.

This is what I was thinking actually. I’d rather get my points if I’m spending the money

This is our experience as well. My husband and I don't work for Marriott, but he is lifetime platinum so we stay at a fair amount of Marriott properties. We book packages (usually through Costco) when we are staying onsite but otherwise, we stay at a Marriott and book direct.

Marriott's policy is to not allow you to earn points on these bookings. In practice, some phone agents and check in agents will be willing to add your number and give you points. But even if they take your number, the points may still not be awarded.
This is not correct. While some third-party bookings are not eligible for Bonvoy benefits or points (such as opaque bookings), booking through Disney is like the AmEx FHR program--they are preferred partners. These stays are absolutely eligible, and if you do NOT get your points then that was a mistake.

This is not correct. While some third-party bookings are not eligible for Bonvoy benefits or points (such as opaque bookings), booking through Disney is like the AmEx FHR program--they are preferred partners. These stays are absolutely eligible, and if you do NOT get your points then that was a mistake.
It has been a few years for us, 2016 or so (it would have been around the time of the Starwood merger), but at that time, we were told it was part of a package and we were not awarded points for the stay. We were given the nights

I've actually never heard of Disney being a preferred partner like Amex. Was this always the case or was this a recent change?

Do you know what system Disney is using in the backend to make the reservations? Since Amex FHR uses Expedia in the backend, if the points are missing after the fact, there will be problems trying to get it credited through a missing stay request.

What Marriott didnt give you the points?
were you staying on points, or cash

I've actually never heard of Disney being a preferred partner like Amex. Was this always the case or was this a recent change?

Do you know what system Disney is using in the backend to make the reservations? Since Amex FHR uses Expedia in the backend, if the points are missing after the fact, there will be problems trying to get it credited through a missing stay request.
To my understanding, it's part of being a "Good Neighbor Hotel" with Disney that people earn their night and point credits. I do not know, however, which backend system Disney uses. As you pointed out, AmEx uses Expedia and that became a real bear with one Conrad stay I had. Fingers were pointed all over the place, and eventually I was able to get it resolved but not without lots of effort and time.

My apologies if this is a thread hijack but has anybody here tried the Westin or JW Marriott? I'm nearly at lifetime silver and like the idea of getting my Gold needs fulfilled in one trip as we're booking a large group and would have preferred DLH but the expense doesn't seem worthwhile. On the other hand, we're not sure if four kids under 8 are a good fit for the park walk or needing to get the ART. Maybe the answer is to just split the difference and go for the Courtyard Marriott (which is about 50% higher than a JW Marriott? The power of a water park...).

My apologies if this is a thread hijack but has anybody here tried the Westin or JW Marriott? I'm nearly at lifetime silver and like the idea of getting my Gold needs fulfilled in one trip as we're booking a large group and would have preferred DLH but the expense doesn't seem worthwhile. On the other hand, we're not sure if four kids under 8 are a good fit for the park walk or needing to get the ART. Maybe the answer is to just split the difference and go for the Courtyard Marriott (which is about 50% higher than a JW Marriott? The power of a water park...).
We love the Westin but do not have small children. When DS was younger, we loved the Courtyard! In fact, we would stay there as an adult group if the price was not so high. I miss the category redemption. :( The dynamic pricing is brutal at DL area hotels.

We love the Westin but do not have small children. When DS was younger, we loved the Courtyard! In fact, we would stay there as an adult group if the price was not so high. I miss the category redemption. :( The dynamic pricing is brutal at DL area hotels.
We went May 2022 and I think it was still 35,000 a night? Glorious.

I've stayed at both. The Westin has a few special activities for kids while the JW Marriott has a better pool. At the Westin, it's much easier to book suites for more room and also gets you access to a very good lounge. The rooms at the Westin are the nicest. If you have non-park days, the JW Marriott location is good for getting into Garden Walk which has some activities that may be good for kids.

If the JW Marriott is the cheapest of those three hotels by a meaningful amount, I'd go for the JW Marriott. These three hotels should be similarly priced on most days.

The Westin is only about 5 minutes’ more walk than the PPH. We were able to use the PPH entrance all the time when leaving DCA, which made the walk a bit shorter. Still may be too long for kids though.

At the JW, we walked in the morning through Garden Walk and took the Toy Story buses back. Still a bit of a walk out of the lot—but maybe not much more than from the parks to the Courtyard?

We went May 2022 and I think it was still 35,000 a night? Glorious.
wow! that is low. It is close to 100,000 a night for most dates I check. It is NOT worth that. Maybe they don't want folks there on redemption stays?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter