Marie's New Years Resolution~in July

Good plan lady. Stay strong and you'll do really well!! Remember those favorites that you enjoyed last time and go for them!! :thumbsup2

You and I both will be sugar-detoxing from the sweet tea tomorrow. We can do it. Water, water & more water for us. :drinking1 (that's water, isn't it? :confused3 )

Good luck!!

Hi marie! Hows the Jenny going? I ordered ediets delivery and am gonna try that next week. We'll see. I am too lazy to cook so I am gonna try this.

Hows everything else going? Kids back in the groove now?

later

:hippie:

Hey guys...thanks for checking on me! JC is not going as well as I'd planned....photo shoot yesterday...photo shoot tonight....and dinner out tomorrow regarding a photo shoot! AARRRGGGGHHHH!!!! And no...I'm not getting nearly enough water in...but at least I'm not getting any sweet tea or cokes either!! (of course, excersize is no where to be seen right now either!)
I hope that when DH gets off the night shift that we can start walking again, otherwise I may have to invest in a treadmill! We'll see what happens.

Linda~thanks for asking! The kids are doing great! DS is still getting adjusted to a REAL Jr. High...and he is taking trumpet lessons...(but told me he'd rather learn guitar!! one thing at a time grasshopper!!) DD is still the social butterfly...she fell right back into where she left off...like she'd only been gone a week on vacation! The child kills me sometimes!!
Being back in the house is the best thing ever!!! Now if it would stay clean.....:cloud9:

later guys!
marie

:hug: Marie,

When life is super busy for me, I find that baby steps work well...Maybe making one goal per week. For example, one week my goal might be to drink 64 ounces of water a day or to get at least 10 minutes of exercise in. With all that you have going on right now, it can be very hard to fit healthy living in. If you do it a little bit at a time, you'll be back on program before you know it. You CAN do it, Marie!!!:cheer2:

Hope you have a great week ahead.:goodvibes Take good care of you!:hug:

I think you're right.....babysteps are in order. My heart has just NOT been in it this time! I've only been drinking about 20 oz of water a day! I'm going to stop on my way to work and get a case at Sams....that really helped last time. Also, I think I'm going to do this on my own....not w/ JC. I know what to eat and what not to eat....this is the battle that I have w/ myselft EVERY FRICKING DAY!!
I'm also going to start logging my food. I have a little notebook that I'll stick in my purse and I will start keeping track....TODAY.
As far as excercise goes....I'm going to start pricing treadmills and/or elipitcals. Let me know which one YOU prefer and which one gives you the better workout. No, I don't have the money to buy one right now, but I also don't have the money for a new wardrobe either!!

Ok...off to start the day!! WISH me luck...the journey starts NOW!!

marie

You can definitely do this, girl. Chug that water at the end of the day, if you must....but get it in!!

For me, I used to own an eliptical, but my toes were always going numb if I was on it for longer than 15 mins. I prefer walking or running on the treadmill or outside to the eliptical - but that's just me. The eliptical is supposedly easier on the joints than running (on any surface).

Good luck girl! :thumbsup2

I would LOVE to start running again....(wait for it...you know there's gonna be an excuse!!)....but when??!! I think I'm going to look into a treadmill....just more useful for my family....me, DH & DS can all use it. Anyway, I drank 3 16 oz bottles of water today!!! That's the most in 5 months!! :thumbsup2 I also bought some hard candy to suck on during the day to keep me from munching. Root Beer Barrels....3=70 calories...not too bad. I want to get some hard lemon candy, but they didn't have the good ones.

Ok...I'm bummed tonight. My 20 year class reunion is next weekend and I can't go. Just not in the budget for a weekend away. I'm ok with not losing any weight before going, I would just like to go and see the old crew. Oh well....maybe they'll have a 25?

Ok...I brought some work home, so I"m gonna knock that out, then pay some bills, then maybe have a glass of wine...fun night huh?

later taters!
marie

Hey Marie,

I'll add my .02. I prefer an elliptical, bt for a family, a treadmill makes more sense. They are also a bit cheaper.

Great job getting back into the swing of things. If you have trouble getting your water in, consider drinking it through a straw. Without the straw, I can't drink much, but I can put it away with the straw.

Have a good weekend,
Beth

Sorry about the reunion marie, thats a bummer.

As far as treadill versu elliptical goes, I absolutely love the ellipticalls at the gym, but to buy one that is similar to those is really expensive. I think you can probably find a good treadmill for a better price. Make sure you actually run on it first tho, some are pretty narrow.

Have a nice weekend!

Thanks for the advice guys! I'm going to talk to my neighbor that bought my treadmill back in July and see if she uses it...and if she wants to sell it back to me. (DH said that would be rude, but if she doesn't use it, then I want it!! Oh, and I don't care about being rude...her husband stands outside every night around 9 pm smoking a joint....2 houses from a NARCOTIC COP!! DH told him to knock it off last week, so we'll see what happens.)
Ok...also...DH and I talked about it, and I'm going to do some research on the AB Lounger thing. If you have one... let me know what you think.

Another thing that's been on my mind...I'm thinking of purchasing some lighting equipment, and some backdrops, and doing the photography on my own. Still shooting with photog boss when absolutely necessary, but doing my own thing more. Still not sure....

Ok....goal for this week.....WATER WATER WATER.

marie

First, photo thing is an excellent idea. I say go for it.

Ablounger, I have one. I know this will sound stupid coming from a fatty, but they do work. Its difficult to comprehend my level of laziness, but I have one at the end of my bed. You know, so I can do it and watch tv. Anyway, fact is, I am too fat for it to do much for me now, but I absolutely think they help, back doesnt hurt, etc.

I think you may as well ask about the treadmill, who would it hurt? Heck they may need some cash, you know, to get some weed.:lmao:

Well, now that that is all settled, have a good week!

First, photo thing is an excellent idea. I say go for it.

I'm really putting the figures together to see how much it'll cost me....looks like less than $1000.00....plus I already have 2 "models" wanting me to shoot them for my portfolio. :thumbsup2

I think you may as well ask about the treadmill, who would it hurt? Heck they may need some cash, you know, to get some weed.:lmao:
Well, now that that is all settled, have a good week!

Thanks for settling that for me. I'm going to see if they're home later tonight...maybe catch him outside after 9!!:laughing:

Ab Lounger...still debating. Right now I just really want breast reduction, lipo, tummy tuck, you know....general maintenance!!

Working on tax stuff...talk to ya'll later!!
marie

Hey, Marie!
I agree that it can't hurt to ask about the treadmill. The worst she can say is I use it and you can't have it, but who knows. If she's not using it it could be a win-win :thumbsup2

I think doing your own photography is a good idea also. Do you think your photog boss will be upset/offended by you branching out? Not that it should stop you, just curious how it might affect the ability to drum up business. If the cost of the equipment is less than $1000, then you don't have too much to lose either. I say go for it! :cheer2:

Not sure about the ab lounger.. don't know anyone who has one. My parents just bought the bean though. I thought that was funny. I'm gonna have to go check it out though :thumbsup2

SO, when you gonna start eating that Jenny Craig food you've got sitting in the fridge?:goodvibes

Have a great week!!

My parents just bought the bean though. I thought that was funny. I'm gonna have to go check it out though :thumbsup2

The world can always use some more beaners!! :banana:

Marie - I am your biggest fan and I say - if you can swing it...GO FOR IT (the photog business). I've seen your work and know first hand how awesome it is. I'd think your photog boss would be proud of you. :thumbsup2

Thanks again for the advice guys!! I'm still weighing out my options.

Have you ever had one of those days that you just couldn't wait for it to be over? Here's my day in a nutshell:
1)TOM 7 days early and extreeeeeemly unhappy!
2)Parent teacher meeting w/ DS's teachers - assignments not turned in, not paying attention in class, forged my name on a detention slip....almost wound up suspended.
3)Work.....that alone says it all!
4)TOM.....oh....I already said that.....but I'm putting it on here again because it was all I could do to stay upright today!
5) Heath Ledger died....:eek: :sad: :sad: :sad: (sorry, I'm a BIG fan...he's right up there with Bon Jovi in my book)

Ok...after all that, and assisting DS with his homework until 9:20 tonight...I'm going to bed.

Oh...I did have a salad today and 40 oz of water.

nite.
marie :sad:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Hang in there, girl.

I know Heath's death was shocking and totally horrible. What a sad, sad thing. :sad2:

For those of you that didn't already know this, I come from a farming family. Dairy farm for 30+ years, then the dr. told dad that due to his severe asthma and heart condition, the cows had to go. We were also grain famers. Corn, beans, hay for the cattle etc. After the cows left, dad continued the grain crops, and took up with birds....quail & quail eggs for the asian markets, turkeys, pheasant...etc. Well...now you get the picture.

Tonight my sister in Alabama calls and tells me that all of the tractors and equiptment are gone. The equipment shed caught fire and it's all gone. The shed is about 50 feet from the barn where the birds are housed, but it didn't spread...thank god for the snow/cold and wind in the opposite direction! Anyway....after talking to sis, I called mom....who was somewhat hysterical. The dogs were barking and dad went outside to tell them to shut up when he saw something burning. He walked out to the yard, and mom went out on the deck...he hollered for her to call 911....she gets the phone...runs to the middle of the yard....(football field or less from the shed)....and stuff starts exploding....(tractors=gas/diesel+BIG rubber tires).
Thank god my parents are smart enough to know when not to try to put out fires by themselves!! I can't even think about that. Anyway....fire departments from 3 different towns, ambulance, police, and neighbors from 5+miles all converge on the farm. They sprayed down the barn, but had to turn off the electricity...(now dad may lose 100+new chicks because of the incubator)(but the barn didn't catch fire!)
All of the tractors were in that building. You can't imagine how much money we are talking. Yes, they are insured....and no one was hurt...so I'm extremely grateful....but to know how my parents are feeling right now is killing me. I worked on that farm for 22 years...my dad for 60+! I drove every tractor in that shed....hell, i learned how to drive them before I could a car....(I was 11!!)

So....I've been crying most of the night....I'm on my second glass of wine....and I am going to try to convice DH to let me go home this weekend. Talk about being homesick right now....crap.

m

Oh Marie,:hug:

I am so very sorry.:sad1: I can not imagine what your parents are going through right now. Please know that your family is in our thoughts and prayers.:grouphug: Is there anything we can do?

Take good care of you, sweetie. :hug: I hope and pray that you can make it home this weekend. :hug:

Marie...So sorry to hear about the fire! I'm so glad to that they had insurance!!! I work for Caterpillar and I know how much that type of stuff costs! Yikes! I'm so glad no one was hurt!!!

Hang in there... I hope you are able to make a trip home this weekend.

Stacie

Oh Marie, thats horrible! I am glad that everyones ok. I'm sure you and your DH can work it out so you can go up there. You need to be there! Do they know what caused the fire? That is so scary. Everything will be ok, you just need to get up there and help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter