March 30th Magic - St. Martin day (pics & music)

DixieDreamer

<font color=blue>Instant Human - <font color=brown
<bgsound src="http://www.lyonfamilywdw.com/CalypsoMidis/caravn10.mid"loop="2">
This is a continuation of our 7 day Disney Magic Cruise report. A previous post covered our "on board" activities. This post will focus on our time at St. Martin. Two later posts will cover St. Thomas and Castaway Cay. Links to my previous reports will be at the end of the report if you missed them and would like to look at those also. I will come back and add links to the final posts when they are done. So now that the housekeeping is out of the way... are you ready to spend a day in St. Martin? Okay... let's go!

Tuesday was our first day in port since leaving Florida. We woke up to find ourselves already docked at St. Martin.

<center>
DCL_StMartinPort6.JPG
</center>

It was a popular port that day. There were three other cruise ships in port with us. Behind us was the Radiance of the Seas, and beside us was the huge Golden Princess and a much smaller ship - the Van Gogh.

<center>
DCL_StMartinPort3.JPG
</center>

We had signed up for the "See and Sea" excursion. This excursion takes you on a guided tour of both the Dutch and the French sides of the island - with an emphasis on the French side. That is the "SEE" portion of the excursion. In addition, this excursion takes you on a semi submarine boat that allows you to get up close and personal with some coral and tropical fish! That is the "SEA" portion of the excursion.

The guide laughingly told us to have our passports out as we crossed over from the Dutch side (where the port is) to the French side. The boundary was merely marked by a sign! LOL!

<center>
DCL_StMartexcursion1.JPG
</center>

We spent time at the French town of Marigot and did some shopping there.

<center>
DCL_StMartexcursion3.JPG
</center>

The market place was very colorful and full of exotic scents. Turns out the smells were emanating from a beautiful display of spices. I didn't buy any - but I hung around and smelled them alot!

<center>
DCL_StMartexcursion5.JPG
</center>

<center>
DCL_StMartexcursion6.JPG
</center>

On top of a hill overlooking the town, was an old fort. Very beautiful I thought!

<center>
DCL_StMartexcursion4.JPG
</center>

Along the way to the ship, we saw some areas that had been damaged during the many recent hurricones. It was very widespread.

<center>
DCL_StMartexcursion2.JPG
</center>

Next we were ready to enjoy the "SEA" portion of the day. We left the bus for a boat for this portion of the trip.

<center>
DCL_StMartexcursion9.JPG
</center>

From the bottom of the boat we had a great view of the coral reef and the native fish and sponges that grew there. It was really beautiful.

<center>
DCL_StMarnexcursion14.JPG
</center>

Then a diver went over the edge and fed the fish to attract even more. He was pretty successful. :) ;)

<center>
DCL_StMartexcursion15.JPG
</center>

<center>
DCL_StMartexcursion17.JPG
</center>

Afterwards, we enjoyed some tropical juices (rum was optional) and then loaded back on to a bus - which then took us to a very high point on the island before returning us to the ship. From this vantage point, the Magic was visible waiting for us in the harbor. As you can see, there were many ships in the port that day.

<center>
DCL_StMarexcursion25.JPG
</center>

That wraps up our day at St. Martin. After a great afternoon and evening of entertainment and fine dining we settled in for a restful sleep while the Magic sailed to the next port of call - St. Thomas. Next report will cover this beautiful destination.

If you would like to look at the previous trip reports I have posted - here are the links:

A Day at Epcot

A Day at Animal Kingdom

All Aboard the MAGIC!

(edited to add the next trip report posts)

A Day at St. Thomas

Final Day - Castaway Cay

Thanks for another great tour, Dbl D. Beautiful. I enjoyed seeing the big ships next to each other like that, as well as the underwater shots, Very nice. Thanks.

Another great set of pictures Double D! Those fish pictures are just beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing those with us!!!

*sigh* A contented one, DblD - just looking at these - you must have had a blast there! :)

Thanks again for sharing! :)

Thanks again, DD:D

Great report, pics & music to boot;)

Looking forward to parts 5 & 6:)

Thanks so much for posting! I really enjoy reading about other people's trips while we're waiting for ours!! It sounds like you had a great time. I really like being able to see the pictures. I'm going to take a stabl at a trip report when I come back, but I know that I won't be able to do the pictures like you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter