March 2023 W.I.S.H.- Spring Into Health!

PAsFab5

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the March 2023 W.I.S.H. thread! 🌸

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers. So, hop aboard and post your personal goals. 💐

We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:🌺

MOTIVATION MONDAY - TOPIC TUESDAY - WOOHOO WEDNESDAY - THANKFUL THURSDAY - FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY - SOCIAL SATURDAY - SELF-CARE SUNDAY🌼

March Schedule:
3/6/23 - 3/12/23: OneAnne
3/13/23-3/19/23: PollyannaMom
3/20/23 - 3/26/23: Summer2018

3/27/23-4/2/23: PAsFab5

Last edited:
I'm in! Thanks for starting off March, @PAsFab5. 😇

I'm Nicole, age 52, living in Massachusetts with DH, DS, and several pets.

My goal for March will be to lose whatever I'm gaining on this trip. 😆

I can do any of the last three weeks, so I'll wait and see what others want before I choose.

9D38078C-1658-40BF-B2C1-9D3413E277AB.jpeg

Whoooooohoooooo Wednesday-what are you celebrating today??

I am celebrating a great vet visit for 2 of my 3 dogs yesterday with no issues or concerns!

Celebrating the sun today! It’s already making a appearance!!

Getting off work 2 hours early today!!!

Everyone enjoy their Wednesday!!

Welcome to the March 2023 W.I.S.H. thread! 🌸

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers. So, hop aboard and post your personal goals. 💐

We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:🌺

MOTIVATION MONDAY - TOPIC TUESDAY - WOOHOO WEDNESDAY - THANKFUL THURSDAY - FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY - SOCIAL SATURDAY - SELF-CARE SUNDAY🌼

March Schedule:
3/6/23 - 3/12/23:
3/13/23-3/19/23:
3/20/23 - 3/26/23:

3/27/23-4/2/23:
I can take the week of the 13th.

Woohoo... my new mattress will arrive today or tomorrow... really looking forward to not having sore hips any longer.
Woohoo... my Niece and I have a private class with the Pilates instructor tomorrow and I have my first Chiro appointment Friday... both of which will also help with the sore hips.

For March goals:
- lose the 4 pounds I put on in February, dang it.
- get sugar consumption under control
- find two social events to attend, that will introduce me to new people

Hi Everyone! I am Stephanie from Northeast Ohio. I am married and have 2 kids. DS is almost 17 and DD is 15. I am working on getting myself back on the bandwagon. It has been about a year now so I need to figure it out. I was doing great in February until I hurt my back and then a few days later got sick. So my focus for March is to get 45 minutes a day of exercise.

I am also going to try to keep my stress down. DD saw a psychiatrist yesterday and we are going to try medication again. This one is supposed to help with sleeping (something that she struggles with), apatite (she is not the bet eater, never has) and with the anxiety and depression. We are not going to start it until we get back from Disney. With the horrible side affects she had last time, we don't want her on her own or in a place that we can't get the help that we need. We get back on a Thursday and they don't go back to school until the next Monday so this will give her some time at home to get used to the medicine. I am hoping during this time I can keep my stress/worry to a minimum. So I will focus on this as well.

I'm Summer...58 years old, married 30 years this July to my DH, 63. We have one DD, 25, who still lives with us...not looking forward to the day we become empty nesters. I'm a veteran early childhood teacher in an inner city public school currently teaching kindergarten. I am on NOOM working hard on my goal to become healthier and in better physical condition. My ultimate goal is to lose 70 lbs., 30 by June for my 40th reunion with my childhood beach friend.

WOO HOO! I slept better last night in spite of coughing and blowing my nose. Previous nights, I struggled to sleep, but last night I fell back asleep pretty easily every time I woke up. Hopefully I can sleep tonight.

I went back to work today. I really should have taken another sick day. I started to lose my voice and basically kept going with caffeine and albuterol. I just want the rest of the week to pass quickly.

Since my pregnancy 26 years ago, I have needed to sleep with a body pillow between my knees to keep them aligned with my hips. Have you tried that?
I've had the between-the-knees pillow recommended before, but I keep kicking it out because I toss and turn. My mattress is 8 years old and I've never loved it, so I'm OK with having to get a new one. I got the Amerisleep Hybrid with foam and coils, which came up as having the best rating and is good for side sleepers, so I'm really hopeful.

Shannon, 40, from RI. Trying to balance life, family, work and everything else with DH, DS10, DS7 and DD4. Goals for March are to get back into the lunch of soup or salad at least 3 times a week and doing some combination of actual workouts, quick burns and virtual PT whenever i have some extra energy. I am not paying attention to the scale, more how my jeans fit.

Woowhoo DD's permanent speech device came in and she is about 70% potty trained....she is so close!
Woowhoo my replacement toaster/air fryer has shipped is due to come in tomorrow...thankful for quick delivery!
Woowhoo for end of season sales...ordered snow pants for the DSs that were 40% off.
Woowhoo for random exciting finds! I discovered a new brand of nailpolish I absolutely luv on Amazon, its called ILNP and the 6 or so colors I have bought so fat are super cute! Not cheap but they don't stain my nails or fingers when I take it off! This shade looks deep blue, bright purple or shimmery gold depending on how the light hits it
20230301_230140.jpg

Shannon, 40, from RI. Trying to balance life, family, work and everything else with DH, DS10, DS7 and DD4. Goals for March are to get back into the lunch of soup or salad at least 3 times a week and doing some combination of actual workouts, quick burns and virtual PT whenever i have some extra energy. I am not paying attention to the scale, more how my jeans fit.

Woowhoo DD's permanent speech device came in and she is about 70% potty trained....she is so close!
Woowhoo my replacement toaster/air fryer has shipped is due to come in tomorrow...thankful for quick delivery!
Woowhoo for end of season sales...ordered snow pants for the DSs that were 40% off.
Woowhoo for random exciting finds! I discovered a new brand of nailpolish I absolutely luv on Amazon, its called ILNP and the 6 or so colors I have bought so fat are super cute! Not cheap but they don't stain my nails or fingers when I take it off! This shade looks deep blue, bright purple or shimmery gold depending on how the light hits it
View attachment 743536
I love iridescent nail polish.

I am not very thankful at the moment. I had a rough night and morning. If IT can get my spreadsheet to synch all of my work from yesterday I will be very thankful. I put a lot of work into it and as of right now it looks like it is gone. I have so much work to do and this is not helping. I feel like I get 1 step forward and then 2 steps back with getting stuff done at work.

On top of this DD and kind of got into it and now she is not talking to me and I am really frustrated. She was fine all day yesterday and after we left the barn she shut down. She wouldn't tell what was wrong and didn't eat dinner. I asked a serious question and she got pissed and is still pissed this morning. I hate when she gets like this. I didn't do anything wrong but yet I feel like crap and cried most of the way to work. I hope things are different when I get home tonight. She does go to therapy tonight so I hope that will help.

Today so far just has been so crappy and I didn't really sleep and none of this is helping with trying to keep my stress down.

View attachment 743536
Gorgeous!

I am not very thankful at the moment. I had a rough night and morning. If IT can get my spreadsheet to synch all of my work from yesterday I will be very thankful. I put a lot of work into it and as of right now it looks like it is gone. I have so much work to do and this is not helping. I feel like I get 1 step forward and then 2 steps back with getting stuff done at work.

On top of this DD and kind of got into it and now she is not talking to me and I am really frustrated. She was fine all day yesterday and after we left the barn she shut down. She wouldn't tell what was wrong and didn't eat dinner. I asked a serious question and she got pissed and is still pissed this morning. I hate when she gets like this. I didn't do anything wrong but yet I feel like crap and cried most of the way to work. I hope things are different when I get home tonight. She does go to therapy tonight so I hope that will help.

Today so far just has been so crappy and I didn't really sleep and none of this is helping with trying to keep my stress down.
Sending you a virtual hug.

It seems like I am often thankful for the things that make me go woohoo, and that is true again this week. I am thankful to be having my first Pilates class today, partly for getting started on Pilates but also for having some in-person human contact which has been missing the past week, as I was laying low with my cold.

I am also thankful that I have a counseling session today because I really need to get back on track managing my ADHD. I need to find one thing that I can grab ahold of to get going in the right direction again, and from there the other things will flow.

There's this house that I drive past almost everyday that I absolutely love. It's quite old, built around 1900, and not currently in the best of shape. But there is something about how it sits on it's lot so simple and matter of fact that makes me happy. Yesterday I found an old listing for it on Zillow and got to see pictures of the interior, which is also a simple and straight forward layout. I'm thankful for this house and its history and daily inspiration.

1677774008526.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter