March 2013 Car rentals

Looks like Alamo rates have dropped today. We are goign March 2-13 and just booked a minivan for $497. I used the Carsland ID and coupon code AD8Z21SDB. Looks like the cars are coming in around $200 for those dates.

I noticed that today as well. I re-booked a full size for $240 for 14 days!

I booked 2 weeks on the Costco.com website. $314 for intermediate with Enterprise. March 2-16 from mco. :thumbsup2

A full size (same price as standard) using costco ID 7014627 and e-coupon
AD2338FDF for $30 off the total is $276.

The cheapest I've found so far is using the KLM code and a $30 entertainment book coupon with National for 3/7-3/16 for $253. Last year I was able to get a 10 day rental in the same time period for $147 from National so I'm hoping to get the price down a little but I can live with it if I have to.

A midsize with Alamo using Costco ID 7014627 and E-Coupon AD2338FDF for $30 off is $168 inc taxes.

My Alamo website seems to have changed format. Is it me (my computer) or have they changed their page? It seems less detailed...

I have a midsize through National with the KLM code for $260 for the week before Easter (3/22-3/30). This is the best I have found for this week.

I have a midsize through National with the KLM code for $260 for the week before Easter (3/22-3/30). This is the best I have found for this week.

I am usuing the same code for the same dates. We need at least a full size and I have an SUV reserved for $299. Hoping to at least get below $250 but can live with that rate I guess for such a prime week.

I had a car reserved with enterprise 2months ago, looked tonight and it was $40/week cheaper.
Needless to say this girl is saving a little more $$ :)

btw.. I asked this somewhere else too, but maybe you guys can help me... it is okay to rent from an airport when you arent flying in right? Airport isnt that far from me and its cheaper than any other office.
:goodvibes

OKay.....I need a rental car from March 21st-March 31st and I am not getting any good deals anywhere near how good you guys are getting. Where do you put the codes in - I don't even see that? I am probably just blind, but I need help!

For National - after entering your dates, click on the View Additional Fields line - this will give you the option to enter a discount code. You enter the code under the Contract ID section. Using the KLM discount code(8572130), I came up with $314 for a midsize with your dates. To use the KLM discount you are supposed to be a member of Air France's frequent flier club (Flying Blue). It is really easy to join and I have never been asked to prove that I am a member when using this code.

WDWPooh - you can rent from the airport without flying in. I never enter my flight information in when I am reserving a car. They never ask questions.

For National - after entering your dates, click on the View Additional Fields line - this will give you the option to enter a discount code. You enter the code under the Contract ID section. Using the KLM discount code(8572130), I came up with $314 for a midsize with your dates. To use the KLM discount you are supposed to be a member of Air France's frequent flier club (Flying Blue). It is really easy to join and I have never been asked to prove that I am a member when using this code.

THANK YOU!!! :love:

Wow - that KLM code just cut my National quote in half! The only thing that throws me is that all the liability insurance is included for that price. I didn't even tick those boxes off when I was getting my quote. Is there a catch to this thing that seems to good to be true?

Wow - that KLM code just cut my National quote in half! The only thing that throws me is that all the liability insurance is included for that price. I didn't even tick those boxes off when I was getting my quote. Is there a catch to this thing that seems to good to be true?

That's because the code is intended for European-based renters, not Americans. There's nothing to say you can't use it, but if you get in an accident, it could get ugly.

I reserved a car through National Emerald Aisle a few weeks ago but rates are horrendous for full size (over 500$ with taxes and fees;March 3-10). Last 2 times to WDW I really enjoyed the convenience and speed of Emerald Aisle but price is just too expensive this time.
I checked others and Dollar seems to be best bet right now (around 180$). I'm just wondering if it is worth it to join their loyalty program for faster check in? Can I do this after having reserved?

Thanks.

I booked Enterprise a few weeks ago (thru Costco) for about $110 for Mar 8-13, now its over $400...yikes.

I know Enterprise and Alamo/National are the same company...is the rental experience with Enterprise similar to Alamo (kiosk, pick your car, etc.)?

Having gone in March for several years now, here's my advice: look around and book your best deal. However, DO NOT lock into anything (no prepay, no Hotwire, etc.). Rates are high now for March, but they will be volatile. You have to stay vigilant; the best deals I've seen are usually 5-14 days out... When you get that close, sometimes the rates change several times even in one day. Be patient, we've got over a month before the real rate hunting begins (but pay attention to my first point: book something now too...you never know)

I know Enterprise and Alamo/National are the same company...is the rental experience with Enterprise similar to Alamo (kiosk, pick your car, etc.)?

Unless is just happened very recently, Enterprise and Alamo are not the same company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter