Marathon Weekend 2025

It's complicated. First they will offer current Platinum members to renew (iirc we got a 5 day window last year). Then they will offer Gold renewals and upgrades (assuming not all Platinums renew). Then Silver gets a shot to renew or upgrade (assuming not all Golds and Platinums renew). THEN general pubic gets what is left. This process starts end of April/early May.

IIRC last year there were no Platinums (or Golds?) available one it got to general public. So if rD decides not to expand membership, you may need to grab a Silver just to get in line for the upper tiers that provide early registration.
Thanks for the tips...didn't know it was that crazy!

After reading everyone’s experiences, I was expecting to not get signed up. I even borrrowed a laptop since mine has been acting up. Surprisingly, my personal laptop pulled through for me. I used Chrome and clicked register whenever the first link went live. And that one dropped to 30 minutes soon enough. I was registered for Dopey by 10:20. I even had time to go back and register my DH and 2 kids for 5k. So I was done by 10:30 am.
It was definitely meant to be! Not sure when I’ll be back so I will enjoy every minute. I’m excited to be doing Dopey with all that made it. But i may be more excited that my DH decided last minute to sign family up for 5k.

And I had register this past weekend for All Star Music family suite. DH said we are not campground people. 😂

Another year of saying I’m done with the marathon distance. Then enough time passes where I start getting some FOMO. Then I sign up for another marathon and I realize I have to start training soon. This will be my first time doing the Goofy, having done the Dopey the last five years. Still happy and terrified.

1712679684602.gif

I would REALLY like to understand what keeps happening at my end… this is now at least the 3rd race weekend registration in which my queues failed to deliver. Here’s what I had going:

1 queue on iPad via Safari
1 on iPad via Chrome
1 on phone via Safari
1 on laptop via Chrome Incognito

Each had its own unique queue ID/URL. Not logged in to rD on any device. All on the same WiFi connection.

I never have issues with my WiFi with daily life - we can have multiple devices streaming at the same time without issue. But I feel like it HAS to be the WiFi, right? What else could possibly be so limiting over and over??
I had the following - don't throw things at me:

Computer - on home Wifi (not VPN)
(2) Firefox: 1 regular, 1 incognito
(2) Chrome: 1 regular, 1 incognito
(2) Edge: 1 regular, 1 incognito
(2) DuckDuckGo: 1 regular, 1 incognito

Laptop - Work VPN
(1) Chrome: 1 regular
(1) Edge: 1 regular

Phone, Android - on Express VPN

Mom's Phone, Apple, - Cellular, not VPN, not WIFI

Friend - NordVPN

I connected these are different times, a few at first Marathon link available (which was 9:45am eastern) then every 5 minutes I would open a couple more. I then waited for last one at 1 or 2 minutes after 10am.

They ALLLLLLLL started with "more than an hour". About 20 minutes into it only one of those changed to 58 minutes...and I was freaking the heck out. I then had one go to like 45 minutes, but then I was able to get a link from one of you (holy cow that saved me). I even had times go down for a few minutes and then they jumped back up a couple of times - that double freaked me out.

I had a very hard time managing my extra links and sending them to people, especially with the wait time limits that you can't make posts too quickly. It was hard to manage sending people links and making sure they get used as opposed to just lost - which is why I really need to get my butt in gear and make some link sharing system.

In the end, about half of those windows never changed to anything below "more than an hour", so I closed them. The ones that dropped down to reasonable values I tried to share as much as I could.

OK, I know you want to throw things at me, but understand I am desperate to have something in my life and Dopey is basically all I got. So I know I look like a jerk for having so many windows open, but not sure what life would be without Dopey and sadly I'm not perfect (in life nor in runDisney Dopey).

Have to say that at least this went pretty smoothly, all things considered. No crashes, seems like there may have been fewer t-shirt issues? I have no idea why W&D was such a mess compared to this.
I had a t shirt issue when I signed my wife up. It wouldn’t let me pick a size and wouldn’t let me proceed without picking a size so I had to get out and get back in. Thankfully it didn’t sell out.

As detailed in my previous post, my extended party had about 20 browsers open in total across multiple states. I have no idea what devices or browsers they were using, but the only link that went live before sellouts was mine on Edge Incognito. It seems like this was truly random and that there were just a comical amount of queue IDs being used by everyone. It would be great if rD could figure out some way to limit the absurdity, but I think this process is destined to be a clown fiesta until demand drops.

I had the following - don't throw things at me:

Computer - on home Wifi (not VPN)
(2) Edge: 1 regular, 1 incognito
(2) DuckDuckGo: 1 regular, 1 incognito

Laptop - Work VPN
(1) Edge: 1 regular

Phone, Android - on Express VPN

Mom's Phone, Apple, - Cellular, not VPN, not WIFI

Friend - NordVPN

I connected these are different times, a few at first Marathon link available (which was 9:45am eastern) then every 5 minutes I would open a couple more. I then waited for last one at 1 or 2 minutes after 10am.

They ALLLLLLLL started with "more than an hour". About 20 minutes into it only one of those changed to 58 minutes...and I was freaking the heck out. I then had one go to like 45 minutes, but then I was able to get a link from one of you (holy cow that saved me). I even had times go down for a few minutes and then they jumped back up a couple of times - that double freaked me out.

I had a very hard time managing my extra links and sending them to people, especially with the wait time limits that you can't make posts too quickly. It was hard to manage sending people links and making sure they get used as opposed to just lost - which is why I really need to get my butt in gear and make some link sharing system.

In the end, about half of those windows never changed to anything below "more than an hour", so I closed them. The ones that dropped down to reasonable values I tried to share as much as I could.

OK, I know you want to throw things at me, but understand I am desperate to have something in my life and Dopey is basically all I got. So I know I look like a jerk for having so many windows open, but not sure what life would be without Dopey and sadly I'm not perfect (in life nor in runDisney Dopey).
All of mine started over an hour too. No quick links for me this year! But they did start dropping rapidly for me.

Agree; there have only been a couple of reports of unfortunate souls who got shut out of the race they wanted due to either rD IT glitches, personal computer issues, or just incredibly bad luck with multiple browsers going. More people willing to share more links certainly helped.

I'm not on much social media; it will be interesting to hear from the various Facebook groups how the "general public" fared this time around.
Looking now because I like to check the temperature after things have settled and I'd describe it as "it could be worse". Seeing a few t-shirt complaints and the usual "I entered the queue at 9:55 why didn't I get to sign up for a race". One person saying it felt like signing up for a concert on Ticketmaster (true!).

As detailed in my previous post, my extended party had about 20 browsers open in total across multiple states. I have no idea what devices or browsers they were using, but the only link that went live before sellouts was mine on Edge Incognito. It seems like this was truly random and that there were just a comical amount of queue IDs being used by everyone. It would be great if rD could figure out some way to limit the absurdity, but I think this process is destined to be a clown fiesta until demand drops.
I feel like they could require you to sign into your disney account and then have each queue ID be based on the disney account. That might limit the number trying to sign up at the same time, but maybe I don't understand the lengths people will go to get in: setting up 20 disney accounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter