Great idea!

Ok - let's try this:
5k - 19 minutes
10k - 36 minutes
Dopey - 28 minutes
Goofy - 72 minutes
HM - 31 minutes
M - 87 minutes

I think with C2C, the HM and Dopey will go quickly - I don't know how that will impact Goofy and the full - I think I could be way off there.

Overall - I don't think it will be as crazy as last year except for those doing C2C as I don't think the theme will pull as many people in. I also wonder if Disney is artificially slowing down the queue times as they seem to have done with W&D which could mean the same demand, but longer times to sellout.

Can someone please remind me, are the prices on the runDisney website inclusive of all fees? Or will tax be added on top? I'm paying with Disney GCs and I know the full amount has to be applied to GCs, so I want to ensure I have enough.

Maybe I didn’t do a search very well, but last marathon weekend I didn’t submit a proof of time like in the past because my POT race had expired. In the past you had until september to submit your proof of time but I looked up the run Disney site and it says you need your proof of time but that it can be updated by September. Can I just put in a time and them update it or is this option gone if you don‘t have a recent sub 2:15 race time?

Maybe I didn’t do a search very well, but last marathon weekend I didn’t submit a proof of time like in the past because my POT race had expired. In the past you had until september to submit your proof of time but I looked up the run Disney site and it says you need your proof of time but that it can be updated by September. Can I just put in a time and them update it or is this option gone if you don‘t have a recent sub 2:15 race time?
You can leave it blank during registration and edit your registration any time up until the deadline to add a proof of time.

2024 runDisney Marathon Weekend Weekend Sell-out Game

View attachment 750144

Those who read my training journal know I like to play games when my races come up to make them more interesting. So I thought, let's see if anyone's interested in a game revolving around the Marathon Weekend races and their sellouts. Anyone can play, there is no prize for winning, just for fun, and you don't have to play if you don't want to. We had a lot of fun with this in the 2023 Princess thread with @The Expert coming out as the grand champion. She really is The Expert!

Rules

-You must predict when the first DIS person will note that a race distance sells out, and it's confirmed by others. If the race reopens at random points at a later time, this doesn't change the initial sell out timing. The sell out time will be from when the race registration officially opens to when the race initially sells out. So if the registration is suppose to open at 10am ET, but actually opens at 11am ET, then the sell out timing will be calculated from 11am ET. I will use the moment of officially opening as defined by the first DIS person noting they have an estimated wait time listed in their queue.
-You must predict all six events (5k, 10k, HM, M, Goofy, and Dopey).
-I'll set the upper limit on the predictions at one week (168 hours). So if you think something is going to take 2 months to sell out, then you put ">168 hours" as your guess. You can put two months if you want, but for the purpose of scoring anyone over 168 hours will be counted as equal. I'm doing this so that the conclusion of the game will happen on 4/18/23 and we're not all waiting to see when exactly something sells out for someone to win. Ultimately we're more concerned with how quickly things are going to sell out then the longevity of the game.
-You must make your prediction by Monday, April 10th at 11:59pm ET.

Scoring
-Players will be ranked by their guess away from the actual time. No price is right rules. So you can be over or under. A person that is 30 min under on time and 30 min over on time are equal in the ranking.

For example, five people individually guess 60 min, 100 min, 140 min, 150 min, and 48 hours for 5k sell out time. The actual time ends up being 120 min. Player B and C (100 min and 140 min) tie for 1st. Player D (150 min) is 30 min away and gets 3rd. Player A (60 min) is 60 min away and gets 4th. Player E (48 hours) is 46 hours away and gets 5th.

Your place in each of the five events is tallied up to create a final game score. The person with the lowest final game score wins. For example, Player C gets 1st in their 5k, 10th in the 10k, 6th in the HM, 5th in the Challenge, and 8th in Yoga. Their combined final score is 30 (1+10+6+5+8). If 30 is the lowest combined final game score of all players, then Player C wins.

Past Data

Historical Race Weekend Sell Out Timing (you can find all weekend data here if you want to see some recent sellouts)

Marathon Weekend

Start (link)
Delayed Registration Timing until 12:30pm ET (link)
5k sold out in 24 min (link)
10k sold out in 34 min (link)
No more queue after 34 min (link)
Dopey sold out in 38 min (link)
Goofy sold out in 43 min (link)
HM sold out in 55 min (link)
M sold out in 67 min (link)

Start (link)
Opening queues stating wait of 8 min to over an hour (link); Timing does not appear until exact time of registration opening
No more queue after 21 min (link)
5k sold out in 45 min (link)
HM sold out in 86 min (link)
10k sold out in 5 hours (link)
Goofy sold out in 2.5 days (link)
Dopey/M sold out on 10/12 (link)
*All races periodically reopened.

2021 (Presumed reduced availability)
Start (link)
Goofy sold out in 19 min (link)
Dopey sold out in 26 min (link)
5k sold out in 26 min (link)
10k sold out in 31 min (link)
HM sold out in 31 min (link)
M sold out in 89 min (link)

Start (link)
5k sold out in ~20 min (link)
10k sold out in 93 min (link)
Goofy sold out in Oct 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link)
HM sold out in Oct 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link)
Marathon sold out in Oct 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link) *Can't find a specific post for this one.
Dopey sold out in Nov 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link)
***A few of the races opened momentarily between April and October (like 5k in August). Likely because they were breaking up unsold challenge bibs.

Start (link)
5k sold out in 8 hours (link)
10k sold out in 21 hours (link)
HM, M, Goofy and Dopey were essentially open until the end.
***A few times the 5k and 10k reappeared as they were presumably breaking up unsold Goofy/Dopey bibs.

Start (Feb) (link)
5k sold out in 4.5 hrs (link)
10k sold out in 2.25 days (link)
Dopey sold out in 2.5 days (link)
HM sold out in May (link)
M sold out in November (link)
No information found on Goofy selling out

Start (April) (link)
5k sold out in 90 min (link)
10k sold out in 93 min (link)
HM sold out in 25 hrs (link)
Dopey sold out in August (link)
No information found on Goofy or M selling out

----------

Again, this is for fun, and no one is obligated to play. Just kind of a way to gamify all of your anxiety about registration. If someone finds an error in the game rules, I reserve the right to change them.

View attachment 750149
Sounds fun!

5k - 37 minutes
10k - 52 minutes
Half - 45 minutes
Full - 120 minutes
Goofy - 150 minutes
Dopey - 75 minutes

DL races will impact the half and Dopey, but I still think things will slow a little this year. Maybe that is wishful thinking…

2024 runDisney Marathon Weekend Weekend Sell-out Game

Great idea!

Ok - let's try this:
5k - 19 minutes
10k - 36 minutes
Dopey - 28 minutes
Goofy - 72 minutes
HM - 31 minutes
M - 87 minutes

I think with C2C, the HM and Dopey will go quickly - I don't know how that will impact Goofy and the full - I think I could be way off there.

Overall - I don't think it will be as crazy as last year except for those doing C2C as I don't think the theme will pull as many people in. I also wonder if Disney is artificially slowing down the queue times as they seem to have done with W&D which could mean the same demand, but longer times to sellout.
Charities have also signed their contracts and I’ve already heard of people securing bibs. If I remember correctly there was an unknown about charities and they weren’t available yet when MW registration opened. That should help this go around.

Good Morning runDisney All-Stars! It is time for Sunday’s Are For Disney! For today’s question it is time to begin thinking about registration. So, what are you hoping to get and any thoughts or advice for success?

My Answer: I am hoping for Dopey - this will be my 8th Dopey. Randomly, I want to get to 10…. Each time I was set and ready prior to registration beginning and followed every tip I learned on the previous MW threads. Sometimes my angst and stress was for naught when it turned out Dopey did not fill up for days or weeks! A couple times I got lucky and barely got my registration completed before it closed.

I know many of you will offer lots of good advice, so I will just say that it is important to roll with Disney IT issues/delays that are likely, don’t let it stress you out too much. We are a bit of an echo chamber here and it is easy to get very worked up and stressed, so keep that in mind. This is not to say that you should not do everything that you can to improve your odds, but know if you follow much of the advice that is shared in here you have good odds to get what you want. So here is good luck to us all!

5K: 41 minutes
10k: 48 minutes
HM: 35 minutes
M: 195 minutes
Goofy: 240 minutes
Dopey: 97 minutes

I feel like they throttled the access back for registration for W&D, and that's going to make it take longer for things to sell out than in past year. At least that's my hope (as long as I get an early queue. HAHAHAH!)

SAFD: I still can't decide... I am in for the DL Half so the only reason for me to do MW at all this year is so I can get the C2C medal. I'm trying to decide if it is worth the time money & effort to travel down to FL and then to CA, coming from the northeast, just to get this C2C.
But I probably will talk myself into trying for something. I think my goal is to do the minimum to get the C2C: So I will try for the half, and if that sells out, try for the full. I can't imagine the full selling out before I can get in. I may eat these words, but I don't expect the half will sell out on me either.
As far as registration strategy, I'm a little bit of a loafer. I'll open a browser on 2 different devices with my runDisney login already set. I do try to follow the race thread while I'm trying to get in too, in case I'm in a really long wait and stuff seems to be selling out. I used a shared queue id or whatever they are called to get into DL, and was grateful for that.

SAFD:
I'm [currently] hoping to register for Dopey (me) and the 5/10/half (DH) which may turn into 2 Dopeys or 2 Goofys, depending on how quickly stuff sells out and what DH ultimately decides he is willing to say yes to.

I use a mixture of devices and browsers with a mixture of "normal" and incognito tabs. I select different run distances (I don't click on the 5k for all of them, as an example) because it doesn't matter which "register now" button you push since you still have to select your race distance once you get in. And I stagger when I click in (some as soon as it opens, early, and some right at 10 or when others report that it's actually opened.) I also use a mixture of my cell service (LTE) and wifi to connect among the different devices.

I will absolutely send the shortest/fastest queue link to myself to complete on my laptop.

5K: 25 minutes
10k: 40 minutes
HM: 35 minutes
M: 103 minutes
Goofy: 40 minutes
Dopey: 45 minutes

SAFD: This will be my first time registering for a race I've done before! I'm going to try to register for the half marathon again. I'm doing the Disneyland half as well, so I'm hoping the special coast to coast medal is really special. :) If I don't get in I might run for a charity, or just wait and do the Wine and Dine half in the fall (I can't do Princess weekend next year).

No tips, I think I do what everyone else does. Multiple browsers open on multiple devices and hope for the best. I don't get super stressed out about registration, I kind of enjoy the excitement of it and following along on all of the chats as everyone is updating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter