Marathon Weekend 2022

SAFD: I don’t stop for characters, but I love seeing them as I run by. It’s a mental break from the focus on the running. Some characters I’d love to see are:

Lock, Shock and Barrel from NBC. Bonus points for having their claw-foot tub out with them. They used to have a stop that was Jack & Sally for the half and Oogie Boogie for the full, but it was turned into an evil queens stop the last couple of years.

Hades, Pain and Panic from Hercules. They actually put in an appearance on the marathon course a couple of years ago. I’d love to see them again.

Just about anyone from Robin Hood. I saw them at a DLH weekend years ago, but haven’t seen them out at MW.

Lumiere and Cogsworth from Beauty and the Beast. It’s not all about Belle and the Beast, despite the name of the movie.

Any and all sidekick/minion characters would be great.

Does anyone know if you are able to park (for free) at the Expo at Wide World of Sports? I am just trying to think through logistics and I think I want to drive straight to the Expo before checking into my resort. Thanks :)
Yes, the lots for the Expo are open and free (at least for the past five years I have been running).

SAFD- Based on my user name I'd love to see Pluto! I'd love to see the Fab 5 at one stop all together. I also second the suggestion for unusual characters or ones you can't see in the parks.
I'd like to see characters that you can't usually visit in the parks, because variety would be great. Maybe some of the characters that they only bring out for the after-hours parties? A fab-5 would be AMAZING and I would 100% stop for that.
How about the Fab 5 plus 1 and include Daisy?? 😬

I'm loving all the 80s/90s kids on this thread.

My first Disney marathon, Launchpad McQuack was out on the course (I heard later that he rotated with Darkwing Duck, who I also love, but not as much as DuckTales).

I would die for a DuckTales cast photo. Or Rescue Rangers. Or TaleSpin.

After my Disney half, I specifically went to Animal Kingdom to find Scrooge McDuck for a photo - we "talked" about his crazy nephew Donald and how Scrooge needed his own race with a medal to show up that duck. Instead, he showed me the giant trophy that he had, and I admitted that it was way better than my tiny medal.

I don't particularly care for The Nightmare Before Christmas and I have passed them up before at the marathon, but my 5-year-old DD loves it now (she's being Jack Skellington for Halloween). So I would most likely stop for a Jack/Sally/NBC photo if they had one set up this year.

SAFD:I always stop for characters during rundisney races even though I never search them out when wandering around the park.

I would wait in an obscenely long line, and risk the balloon ladies if they had Dreamfinder and Figment. Icing on the cake would be the Dream-mobile or props from the ride in the background.

Rare character stops are also fun, it would be cool to have characters from Sword in the Stone, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, ect. along the course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter