• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2020

All this Dopey/ Goofy talk!! How many more days until I must decide? My husband is doing Dopey again but his running buddy is also doing it so they will stick together since their pace is much faster than mine.

I may need to find a running buddy on here for at least the full, maybe the half also. That might be the only way I commit to Dopey!
As we get closer to the race maybe people can post estimated pace/ interval /race styles/ corrals to see if we can help people find running buddies for particular races.

All this Dopey/ Goofy talk!! How many more days until I must decide? My husband is doing Dopey again but his running buddy is also doing it so they will stick together since their pace is much faster than mine.

I may need to find a running buddy on here for at least the full, maybe the half also. That might be the only way I commit to Dopey!

Once we get closer to the races we should totally try and match people up! I had so much fun running Dopey with @jennamfeo.

Hi everyone! Does the Dopey challenge have a history of selling out?

It does but in 2019 it did not sell out and I don’t anticipate it doing so right away in 2020. If you want to play it safe it’s best to register on the first day.

If you want to save a few bucks, wait until later in the summer when they start offering discounts. :thumbsup2

Once we get closer to the races we should totally try and match people up! I had so much fun running Dopey with @jennamfeo.

Thanks guys! The first marathon wasn't so boring because I never knew what was next. Last year's would have been boring except I made a friend to stick it out with at around mile 7. If I was just doing Goofy I might be fine running solo, but 4 mornings alone can get OLD.

Good morning runDisney all-stars!

...and then there were two. The Walt Disney World March Madness Tournament has come down to two spooky superstars. Two terrifying titans. Two haunted heavyweights. Simply put, two of the best rides on property - Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror.

You only have to make one choice this week - is it a tough call or a slam dunk? Who will stand tall as our March Madness champion?

https://brackify.com/bracket/28380/Walt-Disney-World-March-Madness

Have a great week, everyone!

Last edited:
Thanks guys! The first marathon wasn't so boring because I never knew what was next. Last year's would have been boring except I made a friend to stick it out with at around mile 7. If I was just doing Goofy I might be fine running solo, but 4 mornings alone can get OLD.

You're never really alone out there. With thousands of people on the course, there's always someone to talk to. I've made some of my best friends through chatting up random people while running the full.

It’s also the extra time off and additional cost for a hotel. That’s a lot of loonies, you know.
Are you planning to sign up for MW or do I need to start pestering you? Lol

Loonies. :rotfl2: Never not funny.

I think I’m gonna stick with just W&D for a while. [Shhh. Don’t tell anyone, but I think I’m getting a little Disney’d out. ]

I am a solo runner, and am pretty happy that way. In 2018, I did Dopey. Somewhere along the way during the 5k, a random guy started to run with me because he had clocked my easy pace for those first races. He found me in the corral the next few days, and we did the whole 10k together. Don't recall the half. Ran the first mile of the marathon together, but he was injured, so I took off after mile 1. The whole experience was a pleasant change of pace. You will definitely be able to find people to run with, if that's what you would like.

Now those 4 early wake-ups......that's a whole 'nother thing!

Two excellent choices. But, since we are talking about WDW, it’s an easy choice for me. MK does not have Haunted Mansion Holiday (which I LOVE!) and the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror has always been my favorite WDW attraction. So...Tower of Terror for the win!
Agreed on both counts.

Good morning runDisney all-stars!

...and then there were two. The Walt Disney World March Madness Tournament has come down to two spooky superstars. Two terrifying titans. Two haunted heavyweights. Simply put, two of the best rides on property - Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror.

You only have to make one choice this week - is it a tough call or a slam dunk? Who will stand tall as our March Madness champion?

https://brackify.com/bracket/28380/Walt-Disney-World-March-Madness

Have a great week, everyone!

It's all about classic Disney for me. I remember being enthralled with HM in 1978 on my first visit... so HM!

I am my own best company, so I am never lonely. I am great company. Just ask me. I might even answer. Maybe. If I'm not too busy talking to myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter