Sundays are for Disney:

Add me to the Hercules answers. One year for marathon they had Hercules and Megara on the course for photos. When Wishes went away, I was afraid they would get rid of "Go the Distance" but I'm glad it's still part of the current fireworks.

I would also like to see some of the steampunk inspired things, like Atlantis or 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. The Edison will have to do I suppose.

Add me to the Hercules answers. One year for marathon they had Hercules and Megara on the course for photos. When Wishes went away, I was afraid they would get rid of "Go the Distance" but I'm glad it's still part of the current fireworks.

The Hercules parade at MGM was one of the best parades Disney had ever done - it was fun to watch and to be a performer in ... I wish they'd bring that back instead of Move It, Shake It.

The only thing I like at LTT is the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. We had dinner there last June for the first time. I think a Hungry Man frozen dinner would have tasted better.

Lots of great ideas already! I'm fully on the Hercules bandwagon. How about turning Stitch's Great Escape into "Hades' Pain and Panic Room"?

Other dramatically underserved themes I'd like to see expanded are Robin Hood and Tron. How about a FoP-like attraction with the light cycles and other scenes from the Game Grid and MCP!

The only thing I like at LTT is the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. We had dinner there last June for the first time. I think a Hungry Man frozen dinner would have tasted better.

I can confirm that Hungry Man meals are really good.

Sundays are for Disney:

It might be hard to create an attraction out of this property - but I'm a big fan of Hunchback and would love to see a greater presence for he and at least Esmerelda (one of my favorite female characters in any Disney animated film...) I loved the old Hunchback show at DHS.

I agree with all the posters that have championed Wreck-it-Ralph and Big Hero 6 - I love both of these films and think they would translate well into some type of attraction in TL.

OK - so I don't think Monsters Inc is underrepresented in the parks, but I'm still holding out hope that Disney will build a "doors coaster" at some point in one of their parks. If there ever was a film sequence that begged for a related attraction it would be this one IMHO. A highly themed family inverted coaster - perhaps using the ride technology of the new Peter Pan ride at Shanghai Disneyland would be a great addition at one of the parks.

It might be hard to create an attraction out of this property - but I'm a big fan of Hunchback and would love to see a greater presence for he and at least Esmerelda (one of my favorite female characters in any Disney animated film...) I loved the old Hunchback show at DHS.
How could I forget about this- it definitely seems like a lost movie. I really loved it as a kid.

Thanks to all for their hotel advice!

Unfortunately the Poly just doesn't "do it" for me as far as themeing so that's why it wasn't on my list. I'm not too worried about getting back to the hotel afterward (that's what Uber is for - assuming that I could use Uber), but getting there in the morning is my primary concern. Someone mentioned having a rental car - unfortunately, the budget is probably going to be either a) Disney property and mainly Disney transportation or b) off-site and rental car.

So more questions - for those of you that stay off-site, how hard is to get the start? How bad is the traffic (I thought that I caught snippets from people about getting caught in traffic this year, I'd be a wreck!!!!)? How far is it from the parking lot to the start line? Do you have to pay to park in the morning? Any downsides that I'm not thinking of?

Unfortunately the Poly just doesn't "do it" for me as far as themeing so that's why it wasn't on my list. I'm not too worried about getting back to the hotel afterward (that's what Uber is for - assuming that I could use Uber), but getting there in the morning is my primary concern. Someone mentioned having a rental car - unfortunately, the budget is probably going to be either a) Disney property and mainly Disney transportation or b) off-site and rental car.

So more questions - for those of you that stay off-site, how hard is to get the start? How bad is the traffic (I thought that I caught snippets from people about getting caught in traffic this year, I'd be a wreck!!!!)? How far is it from the parking lot to the start line? Do you have to pay to park in the morning? Any downsides that I'm not thinking of?

It's not hard at all - just follow the explicit directions in the pre-race guide and you'll do great! For the 5K and 10K, just try to be in the parking lot by 4:45 or so to avoid the entrance road being closed for the start of the race. For the Half and Full, get there closer to 4:30. You'll have a 5-minute walk to bag check (if that), but the walk to the half and full corrals will take you at least 20-25 minutes - they were "throttling" the crowds from the porta-potties into the path to the half and full corrals this year into waves to reduce crowding.

Parking is free. Traffic is not that bad - maybe stop-and-go for 5-10 minutes, but if you're in the line, at least you know you're going the right way!

Personally, even when I stay on-site (Beach Club) I choose to drive so I can stay in the car and stay warm ... and I don't need to drop a bag (except for Marathon if I'm going to hang out in the parking lot for a while after), since I can leave everything I need post-race in my truck.

@lhermiston I am not sure if you plan on doing this or not, but once registration opens, how do you feel like putting together a list of folks on this thread and which race they are running? Something similar to the running thread list... I'm suggesting this since I wont post the 2019 marathon race until ~late November early December and having it hear we can see who is running it many months before race day. Could help me Dis meet ups.... Just a suggestion.

@lhermiston I am not sure if you plan on doing this or not, but once registration opens, how do you feel like putting together a list of folks on this thread and which race they are running? Something similar to the running thread list... I'm suggesting this since I wont post the 2019 marathon race until ~late November early December and having it hear we can see who is running it many months before race day. Could help me Dis meet ups.... Just a suggestion.
Paging @DopeyBadger

I know he’s not planning on running next year but he could possible help out with a list as he’s done the past few years.

If it were me, if I had a car I'd drive. If I didn't have a car, I don't know that it would be worthwhile to get an Uber back. Even though there were some bus issues I'd probably take the bus back to the room.

Paging @DopeyBadger

I know he’s not planning on running next year but he could possible help out with a list as he’s done the past few years.

I'd certainly be willing to put something together even though I'm not running. But my timing sheet isn't really useful until mid-December when we know corrals and such. This list seems like a good candidate for the original post (like an edit) if @lhermiston wants to do it, or a post mid-thread by @LSUlakes that @lhermiston could just link to in the original post.

Also paging @DopeyBadger ....

Do you have an idea of what marathon POT gets a Dopey runner a corral 'A' placement for the 5/10K?
Please don't do any analysis or extra calcs! Just curious if you had that handy. Thanks!

Also paging @DopeyBadger ....

Do you have an idea of what marathon POT gets a Dopey runner a corral 'A' placement for the 5/10K?
Please don't do any analysis or extra calcs! Just curious if you had that handy. Thanks!

An educated guess was that there were roughly 1650 Dopey bibs per 5k/10k corral in 2018 (and 1400 per corral in 2017 when there were less total Dopey bibs). This falls in the middle of HM/M corral assignments which makes a really good guess hard to get at. So somewhere between a 1:28-1:33 10 miler, 1:57-2:04 HM, and 4:08-4:23 M POT (the lower end of those projections is more likely then the higher end) was the likely cutoff in 2017 and 2018 for corral A assignment of Dopey 5k/10k bibs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter