• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ok, so Dopey could be legitimately nervous. I know the late registration changes things this year but how fast do Dopey bibs typically sell-out for general public? Just getting my options ready for 2020.

2016 - it sold out first day
2017 - it didn't sell out for months
2018 - it sold out in the first few hours, I think? :confused3

This year is going to be interesting because it's the 6th year, so we'll see how many "Perfect 5" Dopes drop the challenge. 2020 could potentially be popular again because it's a big year for WDW, but I don't think it's an anniversary? Or maybe not?

2016 - it sold out first day
2017 - it didn't sell out for months
2018 - it sold out in the first few hours, I think? :confused3

This year is going to be interesting because it's the 6th year, so we'll see how many "Perfect 5" Dopes drop the challenge. 2020 could potentially be popular again because it's a big year for WDW, but I don't think it's an anniversary? Or maybe not?
2020 is the 15th anniversary for Goofy. No major WDW anniversaries. 2021 will be the 50th of WDW.

I promise not to pick on anyone but the Randy Newman comment got me. I think theres a chance I am amoungst the top 5 tallest in this thread at 6'-5". I sucked at basketball but my sisters did not and my dad played with Pete Maravich at LSU. I hang my head in shame.

I’m 6’5” and I still (I’m 34) get asked if I played basketball. I rode the bench. Height does not equal athletic ability, especially when you have two left feet.

I’m quietly joining this thread - thinking seriously about doing the 10k and doing a long weekend trip with the family.

I did the half on PHM weekend and tink weekend, but worry that it could eat into a family weekend too much. So, I figure I’ll start with the 10k, and then add the half down the road if it’s still open and I’m feeling crazy!

Ok, so Dopey could be legitimately nervous. I know the late registration changes things this year but how fast do Dopey bibs typically sell-out for general public? Just getting my options ready for 2020.
I don't think it's going to be as quick for 2019, between no anniversary and perfect Dopeys dropping it. 2020 is tough with Goofy being an anniversary - there may be more demand from folks who want Goofy but figure "may as well" add the other two and do Dopey at the same time.

I spoke with a 5 year Perfect Dopey after the marathon.
He said all they received for it other than the normal bling was a 5 Year Lanyard.
He said he has spent thousands of dollars the past few years and it would likely be his last Dopey.
I can't blame him.
At least the Perfect Marathoners received free entry for life. :)

He said all they received for it other than the normal bling was a 5 Year Lanyard.
He said he has spent thousands of dollars the past few years and it would likely be his last Dopey.
I can't blame him.
They got different color bibs too but yeah...

I can't blame him.

I’m still a perfect Dopey. You’re right, all we received was an additional lanyard for our Dopey medal (and different color bibs, but I’m sure that was for their convenience). I have to admit that I wasn’t really expecting much so I wasn’t disappointed.

The perfect marathoners were 25 years in and were down to a relatively small number. There were still over 700 perfect Dopeys, so any type of free registration, etc. would have been for almost 10% of the Dopey field. Would it have been nice to get an extra shirt or something slightly more tangible than the lanyard (particularly considering the cost outlay)? Definitely; but this has always been something I’ve been doing for myself more than any type of reward from Disney.

ETA: Honestly, I think there would have been something more tangible if the number of perfect Dopeys wasn’t so high.

I’m still a perfect Dopey. You’re right, all we received was an additional lanyard for our Dopey medal (and different color bibs, but I’m sure that was for their convenience). I have to admit that I wasn’t really expecting much so I wasn’t disappointed.

The perfect marathoners were 25 years in and were down to a relatively small number. There were still over 700 perfect Dopeys, so any type of free registration, etc. would have been for almost 10% of the Dopey field. Would it have been nice to get an extra shirt or something slightly more tangible than the lanyard (particularly considering the cost outlay)? Definitely; but this has always been something I’ve been doing for myself more than any type of reward from Disney.

ETA: Honestly, I think there would have been something more tangible if the number of perfect Dopeys wasn’t so high.
I am interested to see how much that number drops this year. Jeff Galloway I believe is done with Dopey and sticking with just the marathon.

The perfect marathoners are down to about 70. I know even with getting the free registration a couple of them said they were done after the 25th.

:rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I promise not to pick on anyone but the Randy Newman comment got me. I think theres a chance I am amoungst the top 5 tallest in this thread at 6'-5". I sucked at basketball but my sisters did not and my dad played with Pete Maravich at LSU. I hang my head in shame.
Tall people who are not very good at basketball, unite!

In case you missed it in the Official Meet-Up Thread ... look who's coming to DATW in 2019:

View attachment 331266

Panda @rteetz!!!!!!!!
I don't believe that the real thing can possibly look better than this.

:confused3

It will be OK. I'll do it with you. We can sing "Let It Go".
HARD PASS. I'll go buy a round of drinks during this performance.
However, I never turn down Karaoke. Just sayin'...

I can't blame him.
I understand where he is coming from, but just because you do something crazy 5 years in a row doesn't mean Disney (or anyone) owes you anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter