IT's ALMOST JUNE 1st!!! Do we have any thoughts on when we can expect to hear more information tomorrow? Maybe around 9 am Pacific? That seems to be runDisney's magic hour. It's been a long 7 weeks!

IT's ALMOST JUNE 1st!!! Do we have any thoughts on when we can expect to hear more information tomorrow? Maybe around 9 am Pacific? That seems to be runDisney's magic hour. It's been a long 7 weeks!

I actually checked what time they announced the Wine & Dine registration info a few months ago ... it was 12:12pm Eastern (aka 9:12am Pacific). So I'm guessing it'll probably be around then this time too.

Work is gonna be interesting tomorrow morning ...

I would say by 12 EST.

I've done Race Retreat the last three years - but I've only used the tent once, and that was 2016 Marathon. I dropped my bag there, grabbed a PowerAde and then went to the corrals. After the race, I went to pick up my gear, change my shoes and grab a cold beverage. That was it.

The last two years, I've only bought it for one race and just used it for early access to the Expo because I'm REAL impatient and don't like waiting in lines. It enabled me to get in and out with my bibs and shirts, and also grab whatever merch my friends and I wanted in a more relaxing atmosphere. I'm doing Goofy in 2019, so I probably won't even bother with Race Retreat as I can wait to go get my bibs on Friday and I doubt that the Goofy merchandise will sell as quickly as Dopey stuff.

As far as the tent goes, it's nice. There are characters, and food if that's your kind of thing. I prefer to sit in the parking lot and drink beer with my friends, so that's been generally why I skip the tent.

Just a guesstimate, but I would imagine you'd be starting the half and full closer to 6:30. They kick everyone out of the tent around 5:15 a.m., and reopen it for Platinum ChEAR Squad once the races start.

I think the tent is open until 1 p.m. or so, but the food offerings aren't anything I remember being too exciting - kinda brunch stuff, pastries, wraps, fruit.

Anyway - the only value in Race Retreat TO ME is early access to the Expo for doing Dopey. The Expo lines for regular entry (both bib pickup and merch) have been absolutely ridiculous on Wednesday the past two years and ain't nobody got time for that.
That's just the kind of feedback I'm looking for.

I have never used the retreat, but the past two years ended up being in the 30s and I ended up sitting for almost two hours in the cold. I found it miserable enough that be able to have that time to sit in a chair in tent and relax instead of shivering for two hours would be worth the ridiculous price. Running in the cold is nice, sitting for hours in the cold before a marathon...not so nice.
This may well sell me on it. At Dark Side, I found that standing in line for characters was better than standing in the corral. Sitting down inside a tent for a chunk of the waiting time is a huge selling point. How much has race retreat been?

This may well sell me on it. At Dark Side, I found that standing in line for characters was better than standing in the corral. Sitting down inside a tent for a chunk of the waiting time is a huge selling point. How much has race retreat been?

According to my receipts, $230 for both Half/Full and $120 for only Half or Full. Plus Active fees.

I do know that you could always buy it at the Expo, though not for both races. Those haven't sold out until October-November or so.

Also, they will kick you out of the tent by 5 a.m., so you're still spending time sitting outside ... especially if getting a good spot in your corral is important. And it's also a longer walk to the half/full corrals. The tent is down by the Finish Line, closer to Security Bag Check from the Parking Lot. It's not convenient if you're coming in via bus.

That's just the kind of feedback I'm looking for.

I think it was $150 or something like that. It is crazy considering how little you get, but I was miserable enough that I’d pay it just in case.

Thanks @Keels and @Disneyslowrunner . That gives me a lot to think about. It's expensive, but the ability to cut out at least some of the standing around outside before the race(s) might actually be worth it. If it helps save my legs, that's a good thing, right?

I've done Race Retreat the last three years - but I've only used the tent once, and that was 2016 Marathon. I dropped my bag there, grabbed a PowerAde and then went to the corrals. After the race, I went to pick up my gear, change my shoes and grab a cold beverage. That was it.

The last two years, I've only bought it for one race and just used it for early access to the Expo because I'm REAL impatient and don't like waiting in lines. It enabled me to get in and out with my bibs and shirts, and also grab whatever merch my friends and I wanted in a more relaxing atmosphere. I'm doing Goofy in 2019, so I probably won't even bother with Race Retreat as I can wait to go get my bibs on Friday and I doubt that the Goofy merchandise will sell as quickly as Dopey stuff.

Anyway - the only value in Race Retreat TO ME is early access to the Expo for doing Dopey. The Expo lines for regular entry (both bib pickup and merch) have been absolutely ridiculous on Wednesday the past two years and ain't nobody got time for that.

The early entry to the Expo is only useful if you will be there early enough on Wednesday, right? Our flight usually doesn't have us to WDW until 3:00 or so. How early does the expo open on the first day?

The early entry to the Expo is only useful if you will be there early enough on Wednesday, right? Our flight usually doesn't have us to WDW until 3:00 or so. How early does the expo open on the first day?
For Race Retreat, it has opened at 10. For everyone, I think it has opened at noon.

Lots of great news!

RUNDISNEY REGISTRATION UPDATE
JUNE 01
12:00 AM
UPDATE REGARDING REGISTRATION DATES. We have been working to create a more streamlined race registration experience for runDisney participants. As a result, soon Guests will register for races using their Disney account, creating a more seamless Disney experience. In addition, Guests will be able to register multiple participants at a time, extra payment options including gift cards will be available and more.

As a reminder, all races still are scheduled for this season as planned, and the revised registration dates for the 2018-2019 Walt Disney World race event weekends are below:

2018 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend presented by MISFIT (Nov. 1-4, 2018)
  • Participants registered for the 2018 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend soon will receive an email with instructions on how to link their current 2018 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend race registration to their Disney account and runDisney profile.

2018 Virtual Running Shorts (Summer 2018)
  • June 29, 2018 – Registration for the Virtual Running Shorts Series ends
  • June 28, 2018 – July 5K & August 5K virtual races on sale

2019 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna (Jan. 9-13, 2019)
  • July 17, 2018 – Pre-sale for Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club Members and Golden Oak residents
  • July 19, 2018 – General on-sale date

2019 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals (Feb. 21-24, 2019)
  • Aug 2, 2018 – Pre-sale for Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club Members and Golden Oak residents
  • Aug 7, 2018 – General on-sale date

2019 Star Wars™ Virtual Half Marathon (Jan. 3 – March 31, 2019)
  • August 23, 2018 – Pre-sale for Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club Members and Golden Oak residents
  • August 28, 2018 – General on-sale date

2019 Star Wars™ Rival Run Weekend presented by OtterBox (April 4-7, 2019
  • August 23, 2018 – Pre-sale for Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club Members and Golden Oak residents
  • August 28, 2018 – General on-sale date

To best prepare for the upcoming race registration periods, Guests may choose to create a Disney account in advance if they don't already have one. Guests with existing Disney accounts may choose to log in to their account to ensure their password is valid. For more tips on registration, visit www.runDisney.com and opt in for updates.

No mention of Active or Active accounts. It says gift cards will be accepted and that you should sign up for a Disney account...

Last edited:
No mention of Active or Active accounts. It says gift cards will be accepted and that you should sign up for a Disney account...

"soon Guests will register for races using their Disney account."

GUYS. I am actually pretty upset that we have to wait even effing longer to register. I am so over it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter