Marathon Weekend 2018

Does anyone know when they'll be posting the course map for the marathon, or does it not change much (if at all) from year-to-year?

Does anyone know when they'll be posting the course map for the marathon, or does it not change much (if at all) from year-to-year?
It should come out mid December - it could change some because of the construction around the world but it will go through all 4 parks

Here are my ADR's...no use in keeping them secret LOL! Marathon weekend vets, please feel free to tell me where I went wrong!

1/2 (Tues) - Tusker House Dinner
1/3 (Wed) - Keys to the Kingdom Tour, California Grill Dinner
1/4 (Thurs) - Akershus Dinner
1/5 (Fri) - Hollywood Brown Derby Lunch, Mama Melrose's Dinner
1/6 (Sat) - Recovery Day
1/7 (Sun) - Skipper Canteen Lunch, 'Ohana Dinner

Have Buzz and Woody/Toy Story gang been on the marathon course before? I didn't stop in 2016 for characters, but may do if they're around in '18.

Have Buzz and Woody/Toy Story gang been on the marathon course before? I didn't stop in 2016 for characters, but may do if they're around in '18.
Woody and Jessie have been in Frontierland before. Buzz might have shown up in Tomorrowland but I remember Monsters Inc. there recently.

I'll add our ADRs as well...DSS did a great job for us as we were traveling this morning and couldn't log on. Only slight snag was Via Napoli on Marathon eve...wanted early dinner but they only got a late one (8:15pm) so switched to a late lunch. NBD really, if DH is hungry later at night he can get some snacks in the lounge.

Here's what we got. We don't have an ADR each day we're there, just don't want to commit to them with 2 teens and a tween, each being unnecessarily picky eaters. Honestly they'll be happy just snacking around the world.

1/3-Arrival day, no ADR
1/4-No ADR
1/5-Tusker 10:30am breakfast (after 10K)
1/6-Via Napoli 2:40pm late lunch
1/7-Ohana celebration dinner 6:30p
1/8-HEA Fireworks dessert party with plaza garden viewing
1/9-no ADR
1/10-departure day no ADR

On the topic of food.... I am needing recommendations for a good nutrition plan for marathon training! I keep finding conflicting advice on what to eat and it's overwhelming. So, if you have a link to a great nutrition plan for a woman (first real marathon, only a runner for a year, no dietary restrictions) I would gladly appreciate it! I am anemic so keeping energy up during long runs is a big goal of mine.

Booked our stay at the Beach Club and made all my ADR's today! Got a Cali Grill for the night after the marathon, at 6:50. Looking forward to celebrating there for the first time!

Congrats Everyone on ADRs!

We'll have my 85 year old mom with us (along with brother, SIL, 2 nephews), so the plan (at least for our half of the family), is to eat at 'home' more. As a bonus, we save some bucks AND can get 'inert' food!

Our only ADR is 1/7 Trattoria al Forno. It is our traditional last night/celebratory meal. It will be kind of bittersweet, as I'm scaling back on Disney for a (long) while.

This is a non-park trip for us so we wanted to get a little adventurous with a few first time restaurants on our ADRs (we couldn't pass on our Poly favorites though)
3 Jan Homecomin' dinner
5 Jan Boathouse lunch
6 Jan Kona breakfast
6 Jan Tratorria al Forno dinner
7 Jan 'Ohana celebration dinner
The rest of the time will be exploring the new quick serve places at the Springs

This is a non-park trip for us so we wanted to get a little adventurous with a few first time restaurants on our ADRs (we couldn't pass on our Poly favorites though)
3 Jan Homecomin' dinner
5 Jan Boathouse lunch
6 Jan Kona breakfast
Tratorria dinner
The rest of the time will be exploring the new quick serve places at the Springs
Homecomin and Boathouse are fantastic!

3 Jan Homecomin' dinner
5 Jan Boathouse lunch
6 Jan Kona breakfast
6 Jan Tratorria al Forno dinner

Blaze Pizza is good! We weren't fans of polite pig

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter