• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2018

You'll get another one once I'm clear to run!

I just got cleared to walk for fitness today at PT! Here's to walking a mile tomorrow morning before work at 5AM!

Woot Woot!

:woohoo:

You up for a 22nd plan? ;)

LOL! Anytime! Technically, the next request will be #25 as there are already 3 in the queue yet to be written.

I'll probably start ACTUALLY training by the end of the month but I've been a little bit lazy the last week or two. Aside from that, I've been averaging two or so 30 minute runs, a 6 miler, and maybe one other random one a week up until I've been okay with being lazy (also, IT'S HOT!). I've got a 10 miler September 2nd, but it will be my best friend's first "big" race and I'm not counting on it being a PR for me.

I'm only running the 5k, which is still amazing considering I was a couch potato before this year. Once the warm weather snaps, my girl and I are going to sign up for a few in the area, so I get a feel for the distance and stop using the treadmill. The fun ones in the Philly area during the fall are The Skeleton Skurry in Hatboro, PA on Halloween weekend and the Gobble Wobble in Abington, PA on Thanksgiving morning.

Hey, I live near both of those towns. Hello neighbor. :wave2:

Now that I 'outed' myself as using Fig Newtons as fuel, I will add this tip: I sprinkle a some salt in the bag with the FNs to give them a little electrolyte punch. It also seems to make them slightly less sweet.
Woah. I am here for this tip. My biggest problem will be keeping them safe in the bag until it's time to eat them.

Hmmm...Big Y you say? We must be neighbors.

Note: Big Y is expensive! Fig Newtons are gross...Figs are gross.

DH will be looking for fueling ideas...I'll be keeping an eye on this page.

See, here's my theory....I know I wouldn't buy and eat a fig and know I can't eat a newton. But somehow, when they get merged it becomes a fruit with a unit of force which I can tolerate! And yes, Big Y is expensive so that's why I clarified that I would only buy "BOGO".

Training for an upcoming half is scheduled start tomorrow! However I will be in the Dominican all week so I may not be as strict as I should be...

The Half is at the end of Sept, will be my proof of time for the full. I'm doing a Higdon plan. Tried Galloway last year and enjoyed that one but wanted one more day of running thrown in there this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter