Mandymouse's Magic & May Madness (Completed 16/6)

what a lovely day, St Marteen looks lovely :thumbsup2

Phew, just caught up now!

So pleased to see Paul was feeling better the next day too, it wouldn't have been much fun if he were still feeling poorly.

I am STILL loving all those cocktails you're managing to consume :goodvibes You'll be well trained up for the girly weekend!

Just managed to catch up with your TR Mandy:thumbsup2

Ohhhhhh im soooooooooooooooooooo jealous your a platinum CC member;), I thought I was cool being a silver member :lmao::lmao:

Really looking forward to reading more:banana::banana:, and glad Paul was feeling much better the next day.

I'm very chuffed that you mentioned my trip report in your trip report :thumbsup2 We have those exact same photos at the Star Wars shop. The Hard Rock Cafe was in construction when we were last there so may just have to pay it a visit in September now it's finished. Rude not to really !! Love your photos of the lovely beach.

Fab updates!!! I can not wait to visit St Maarten in September. :cool1: Oooh I recognise one of those Hard Rock glasses. ;)

Great photos, glad Paul felt a bit better after the sun stroke. Can't wait to read more.

Martinin tasting sounds good - but you are right you both look to have caught a touch too much sun... so easy to do!

The martini tasting looked lovely, I am sorry Paul was poorly and then glad that he was better. St Maarten looks lovely, what a shame your excursion was cancelled. It's a lovely looking Hard Rock, think I recognize the glass too x

Mandy, I'm really enjoying reading your trip/cruise report. It's interesting to see and read about thing we didn't do, see your great pictures. For us it was first DCL cruise and we liked it a lot!

more brilliant photos. Made the mistake of telling DH about the Star Wars place at St Maarteen - guess who wants to go?

Fantastic trip reports as always Mandy x

Wednesday 11th May '11 ~ St. Thomas

After our late night we didn't rush to get up and see the ship dock in St. Thomas, in fact we did watched it dock on the TV in our stateroom

We had breakfast in Topsiders of mainly fruit and juice, then we disembarked, and the first thing we saw was a huge Senor Frogs right at the dock (see you later :wave2:)

We wandered around the shops at the docks which mainly sold jewellery or souvenirs, then we crossed the road over to the Skyride up to Paradise Point

We paid $21 each and joined the short line for the cable cars. Eight of us fitted into the cable car and up the side of the mountain it went

DSCN3184.jpg

DSCN3189.jpg

DSCN3187.jpg

DSCN3195.jpg

DSCN3196.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

Once at the top, the view of the ships docked was lovely. We took lots of photos and video and I wanted to try their famous Bushwacker cocktails, but sadly they were experiencing a power cut (thank goodness the cable cars didn't get their power from up there :eek:), so they were unable to blend their Bailey's based drink, so we settled for a Bacardi & coke and a bottle of lager.

DSCN3198.jpg

DSCN3199.jpg

DSCN3200.jpg

DSCN3201.jpg

We just chilled for a little while enjoying the scenery and view. After a while we caught the cable cars back down and we popped into Hooters so Paul could buy a t-shirt

DSCN3203.jpg

DSCN3204.jpg

DSCN3205.jpg

DSCN3207.jpg

DSCN3210.jpg

DSCN3209.jpg

DSCN3208.jpg

We wandered back through the dockside shopping area then we called into Senor Frogs. It was only 12ish, but the party was already in full swing (lol). There was a young man getting the crowd going by getting everyone to drink sangria out of one of those bottles with a spout, and when he caught me taking some video, he made a bee line for me and Paul, so after our sangria, we ordered a couple of Frog Buster cocktails. There was a DJ playing and the young man was organising games, and someone else was wandering around plonking balloons on everyone's heads it was lots of fun. We ordered some chicken strips to share and another cocktail

Reluctantly we left around 2pm and headed back to the ship, we just felt that if we stayed there for one more drink then we'd be there till the ship left :rotfl2: Once back onboard we went to Topsiders for some lunch, which today had a British theme, there was the usual Fish & Chips, but I went for the very British coronation chicken and vegetable biryani :rotfl: which was delicious

.. Cont'd

We spent the rest of the afternoon sunbathing, reading, and chatting to the girls on Skype

DSCN3215.jpg

We chilled in our room for a while and tried to take some pics of the sunset, but it was too cloudy, so we had a wander around the shops then went back to our room to crack open one of our bottles of Cosmo that we had bought in St. Maarten, before showering and getting ready for dinner, which was back in Lumiere's tonight

DSCN3216.jpg

DSCN3218.jpg

DSCN3219.jpg

Vanessa & Tracey

DSCN3217.jpg

Stephanie & Juan

DSCN3221.jpg

Our table

DSCN3222.jpg

Our fab servers Supatcha and Nestor

The menu this evening was Lumiere's rotational menu. We both had Tomato & Basil soup, then I had Lamb shank & Paul had beef, then to finish off Paul had ice cream and I had Grand Marnier Souffle, which was all lovely

After dinner we were really tired, so after a wander around deck 4 we headed to bed

DSCN3223.jpg

Wonderful day Mandy,fab pics, love your dress the colour is beautiful. I want those Duffy ears!

Fab day that view from the top is amazing, love your dress, if ya can't dress up on a cruise then when can you.

Another wonderful day :goodvibes the weather looks amazing, and all the drinks... wow I probably would have been sucked into the atmosphere and would have had to run back to ship :rotfl: Again another amazing pink dress :thumbsup2 Looking forward to the next update popcorn::

...Why did my post end up way up here?? hmm, it was supposed to be after the 11/5 post... haha

Loving the trip report, Mandy!

So strange seeing your St. Thomas photos as I was there in March and did the skyride too!

Another lovely report Mandy.

Lovely photo's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter