Mandymouse's Magic & May Madness (Completed 16/6)

Another relaxing day Mandy . Sorry Paul felt a bit ill in the evening, too much sun can make you feel horrible. Great photos from Island Jam !!

Great report Mandy - love all your gorgeous dresses.

Glad you enjoyed the Martini tasting

Tam

Really enjoying the TR!... Looks like a great time, but its true you can get to much fun in the sun...Hope the next day Paul was better, and ready for more!

Thanks for the entry, cant wait for the rest!:yay:

TTFNpaw:

Great report as usual Mandy. It's always a pleasure to read and I love seeing your beautiful dresses.

another great day - shame Paul felt ill in the evening but maybe it was time for an early night. Looking forward to more.

Martini tasting sounds fab, hope Paul felt better the next day

Just logged back on - I was merrily reading away and then the netbook crashed:sad2:

Anyway great report Mandy - looking forward to the rest:)

LOL, yes I did, why ? pirate:

Because we were right behind you in the queue!!!!!! It really is a small world.
I only thought it might be you from your photos on the Dis. If I remember you were with another couple and took some funny poses, may have even sent away the pirate so get Stitch on his own or something like this I can't quite remeber but I do remember saying to DH that I thought it might be you.

Mandy - who do you book your cruise through?
Can u give me a rough idea of on-board prices?

Looking (again) at 2012!!!

Katie x

We tend to book on-line through DCL Katie ::yes::

Do you mean the prices of 'the extras' once onboard ? OK, here's a quick run down

Tips - $14 per person per day
Palo - Dinner $20, Brunch $20, High Tea $10
Photo Packages - see here - http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=40488069&postcount=10
Internet Packages - see here - http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/services/internet-cellular-services/
Parking at Port Canaveral - $15 a day
Other extras - Spa treatments, excursions and of course all alcohol

I hope that helps :)

Because we were right behind you in the queue!!!!!! It really is a small world.
I only thought it might be you from your photos on the Dis. If I remember you were with another couple and took some funny poses, may have even sent away the pirate so get Stitch on his own or something like this I can't quite remeber but I do remember saying to DH that I thought it might be you.

LOL, I didn't know that other couple, I was just taking some pics for them, but you know me, I'll chat to anyone :rotfl: Yeah, I remember giving Stitch a big hug, and the pirate looked a bit put out, so I gave him a hug too :rotfl2:pirate: You should've said something, I wouldn't have minded :)

Tuesday 10th May '11 ~ St. Maarteen

After our very early night, we woke around 7am. Paul went off to see the Magic docking in to St. Maarteen, while I quickly showered then joined him

DSCN3121.jpg

DSCN3125.jpg

DSCN3127.jpg

Once we had docked, we went to get some breakfast at Topsiders, then it was announced that the ship had been cleared for disembarkation

We decided to walk to St. Philipsburg, it only took 15 minutes or so, but even though it wasn't even 9am, it was getting hot

DSCN3135.jpg

DSCN3136.jpg

DSCN3140.jpg

DSCN3141.jpg

DSCN3143.jpg

DSCN3145.jpg

DSCN3146.jpg

DSCN3148.jpg

DSCN3149.jpg

DSCN3151.jpg

DSCN3152.jpg

We walked along the promenade, and took photos of the lovely beach and had a look in some of the gift shops. We found a duty-free shop selling our favourite Smirnoff Cosmopolitan mixes, and the Hard Rock Cafe opposite and made a note to come back later

DSCN3157.jpg

We walked to the far end of the promenade, then cut through to a road running parallel, then wandered into the shops and found a McDonalds, where we called in for a welcome diet coke and bottle of water. Once refreshed we continued up the road, but to be honest there were many jewellery shops that we just weren't interested in, in fact the one shop we found (which I know Sarah, TotallyAngelic found on her TransAtlantic cruise) was the Star Wars memorabillia shop, that we had a quick jaunt around

DSCN3159.jpg

DSCN3161.jpg

DSCN3162.jpg

DSCN3163.jpg

We cut through back to the promenade and hung around till the Hard Rock Cafe opened. Once open we enjoyed a couple of Hurricane's and shared some onion rings and chicken tenders. After one more Hurricane each we visited the Hard Rock shop where I picked up some Hurricane glasses for friends and we bought a t-shirt each

DSCN3166.jpg

DSCN3167.jpg

DSCN3168.jpg

DSCN3170.jpg

Next stop was the duty-free shop where we bought some Smirnoff Grand Cosmopolitan and Smirnoff Pomegranate and I treated myself to a bottle of the new J-Lo perfume

As we exited the duty-free shop a water taxi was just boarding so we hopped on for $4 each and headed back to the Magic (the water taxi was well worth it, but we could've had a return ticket that morning for $6 ea)

.. cont'd

We were back onboard around 12.30, and we chilled in our room before heading to Rockin' Bar D for our 'Afternoon Beach Bash Tour' excursion, sadly the excursion was cancelled as apparently there had been storms at that particular part of the island :(

I think if we took this cruise again we would just hire loungers etc on the beach at St. Philipsburg, as there were some good deals on there

Anyway we sat up on top deck for a while, though it was very cloudy and muggy. Later in the afternoon we tried to chat to the girls on Skype, but the connection was pants, so we ended up just texting

DSCN3179.jpg

DSCN3171.jpg

Tonight was Pirate Night, so we got ready and headed down to Lumiere's after grabbing a couple of Captain Mai Tai's on the way. Dinner was nice, Paul had a crab cake to start, followed by steak and the sweet temptations, and I had pot stickers, steak and rum & raison ice-cream (btw, the bandanas are back !!)

After dinner we went up onto deck 10 to watch the Pirates in the Caribbean party and fireworks

DSCN3180.jpg

DSCN3177.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg

Once dropping off our cameras and camcorder back at our room we stopped off for a drinky at Diversions, then stopped by Rockin' Bar D to watch the karaoke, which was lots of fun, I think we got back to our room around 1am

DSCN3183.jpg

Another lovely day/night Mandy.

Glad Paul was feeling better:)

Mandy the martini tasting looked fab! Glad Paul was feeling better, pics are great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter