Mandymouse's '5 Days to book a holiday !! .... You Must Be Kidding' Report

It was time to walk off some of this food, so we went to Guest Services to add more cash to our account (as you can imagine, the bar bill was getting a bit high ;)). We did a bit of shopping (we really didn't see much this cruise), then we started walking around deck 4, though we didn't last long, we got half way round, sat on some comfy chair, and promptly fell asleep for an hour :rotfl:

DSC08856.jpg

DSC08853.jpg

DSC08854.jpg

DSC08855.jpg

When we woke, we went back to our room and finished off the wine, then we changed into our swim stuff and went up to deck 13 to chill

DSC08858.jpg

DSC08859.jpg

We caught up with Jen & Scott, and had a chat and a drinky before heading off to dinner

Tonight was semi formal night, now I don't mind dressing up, but tonight was the seafood menu (yuck!), so we decided to eat a little earlier and in Cabanas which had a waiter service menu available. I ordered a Rosa Regale, and Paul had a Bahama Mama, then we both started with mushroom soup, followed by rib eye steak, then to finish off I had a tropical sundae and Paul had a strawberry concoction. It was all very nice, and a lot more laid back than heading to the main dining room

DSC08861.jpg

DSC08862.jpg

DSC08864.jpg

DSC08865.jpg

We were both shattered tonight, we had a Mai Tai each at the Cove Bar, then popped down to see Alisha at the Bon Voyage bar for one of her Bahama Mamas before being very lame and heading to our room around 9.30pm and off to bed, these sea days can be exhausting :rotfl2:

DSC08866.jpg

DSC08867.jpg

DSC08868.jpg

Tomorrow ~ Castaway Cay :beach:

Love it all Mandy, what a fab brunch at Palo Paul took some amazing photos of a late night ship

Fab report have just finished the story so far. Great pictures of a wonderful ship. Loving the food pictures and seeing all your frocks, very pretty, especially the purple maxi dress :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see more of your trip And more pictures of the sunshine :3dglasses

Another fantastic day hon, nice and relaxing and chilled, looking forward to Castaway tomorrow:goodvibes

Enjoying your trip report and can't wait for more. I too have that M&S top but with sleeves for my holiday in August:thumbsup2

Love the photos Paul took at night.... they look amazing.

Senor Frogs looks brilliant, I wanna go! :thumbsup2

Brunch at Palo looks so yummy.

Another brilliant update... I need to do a cruise & it's all your fault :rotfl:

xx

Lovely updates Mandy

Those cocktails looked good.

We loved Palo Brunch, enjoyed it more than dinner :)

Friday 11th May

I woke around 8am and the Fantasy was nearing Castaway Cay. It was very cloudy this morning. We went up to deck 11, I went to get my usual skinny latte at the Cove Cafe, and Paul went to Cabanas for a light breakfast. As we sat enjoying it all, the heavens opened, and it chucked it down

DSC_4322.jpg

DSC_4323.jpg

DSC_4324.jpg

DSC_4326.jpg

DSC_4327.jpg

DSC_4328.jpg

DSC_4331.jpg

DSC_4332.jpg

Finally the rain died down, and it was announced that the captain was going to play all the ship's horns

At 9.45am (and on time), the gangways were cleared for disembarkation, so we made our way onto the island. At the same time, the sun came out and it was the start of a lovely day

We walked down towards the family beach, and bought a couple of t-shirts, we then carried on to catch a tram to Serenity Bay

DSC_4338.jpg

DSC_4339.jpg

DSC_4343.jpg

DSC08870.jpg

DSC_4344.jpg

DSC_4346.jpg

DSC_4348.jpg

DSC_4351.jpg

DSC_4360.jpg

Cont'd ...

Our friends, Jen & Scott had saved some loungers for us, so we spent a lovely few hours sunbathing, chilling in the sea and drinking Konk Koolers with them

DSC08871.jpg

DSC08872.jpg

DSC08873.jpg

DSC08882.jpg

DSC08885.jpg

DSC_4364.jpg

DSC_4371.jpg

DSC_4376.jpg

Around 1pm we went for some lunch at the BBQ, which was all very nice, then we grabbed a drink at the Castaway Air Bar

DSC_4380.jpg

DSC08890.jpg

DSC_4387.jpg

DSC_4389.jpg

After another hour in the sun Paul & I headed back to the family beach, and we stopped off for a 2for 1 on Bahama Mamas, then walked back to the ship taking photos along the way

DSC_4402.jpg

DSC_4408.jpg

DSC_4410.jpg

DSC_4413.jpg

DSC_4418.jpg

DSC_4420.jpg

DSC08901.jpg

DSC08903.jpg

DSC_4424.jpg

DSC_4428.jpg

DSC_4434.jpg

DSC08910.jpg

DSC08911.jpg

Once back onboard we showered then started the depressing chore of packing

Cont'd ...

We sadly watched the Fantasy leave Castaway Cay, then we got ready for dinner, which tonight was in Animator's Palate, but beforehand we met up with our friends for a final drink, and to say goodbye to Leo, one of our fave bar men

DSC_4464.jpg

DSC_4465.jpg

DSC_4467.jpg

DSC08917.jpg

DSC08918.jpg

DSC08919.jpg

DSC_4471.jpg

We then had a final Bahama Mama from Alisha at Bon Voyage, then went into dinner

DSC08921.jpg

DSC08922.jpg

It was fun making our drawings, and later they were shown on the screens around the room

DSC08926.jpg

For our starter we all had a sample of 3 appetizers, then I tried the popcorn soup (not the best), the or mains I had lamb, and Paul had beef Wellington, then for dessert I had the sweet temptations and Paul had ice cream

We had some photos taken with our tablemates and servers, and gave our servers their tip envelopes

DSC08925.jpg

DSC08929.jpg

DSC08928.jpg

We quickly returned to the room to change and put our case out for collection before 10.30pm, we then went down to the Atrium to see the characters in their 'See you real soon' show, where I had a quick pic with Daisy, Donald, Goofy and Chip'N'Dale

DSC_4476.jpg

DSC_4480.jpg

DSC_4483.jpg

DSC_4487.jpg

DSC08933.jpg

DSC08934.jpg

DSC08936.jpg

DSC08937.jpg

We then went to The Tube to see Stewart the bar man, and I had my final Cosmo, and we watched a hilarious Hypnotist (Ricky Kalmon) who had his 'victims' playing air guitar, being flight attendants, and he had one woman who would respond to her husbands yell of 'cookies' and she would snog his face off lol, he took full advantage of this and yelled out 'cookies' three times

He also had a quiet woman heckle him every time he said 'hypnotise', and when he finished off his act a guy at the back of the room shouted out 'I'm Ryan Seacrest, and you've been watching American Idol', it was so funny

When the show finished, we headed back to our room :(

DSC08931.jpg

Loving your TR :)
I have found it really hard to visit the boards since our trip as I have a severe case of post Disney blues :(
We had the same server as you at Palo, what a treasure he is xx

Fab day at Castaway hon, lovely pictures, I would be asleep by 6 every night with all those different cocktails:lmao: Your drawing looks like me :rotfl2:

Awww, it makes me sad that we are at the last day on the Fantasy all over again:sad2: We did have some laughs though. ::yes:: and your trip report has been a great way to relive it. :cloud9:

Just caught up on the last few days Mandy all sounds fantastic and loving the cocktail count :thumbsup2

Loving your updates Mandy! You look lovely in all of your evening outfits and Paul's 'empty ship' photos are just fab. I think I'll have to drop by Señor Frog's when I'm in Nassau in October- those huge drinks look amazing. :thumbsup2

Saturday 12th May

I was up around 6.45am. I got washed, and packed away the last few things. Paul (the lazy git) got up at 7.30am, and sadly we got ready to leave our stateroom

Moments later an announcement was made that the ship had been cleared by customs, so we made our way down to deck 3 and disembarked :(

DSC08938.jpg

DSC08940.jpg

DSC08941.jpg

We got into our car at 7.55am, and an hour later we arrived at the Pop Century Resort. Our king size room in the 80's/90's building wasn't ready, so we got our room keys with CS dining plan and took the bus to Disney Hollywood Studios. We got a Fastpass for Tower of Terror, then as the line for RockNRollerCoaster was too long, we headed to Star Tours

DSC_4530.jpg

DSC08943.jpg

DSC_4508.jpg

DSC_4509.jpg

After becoming members of the Rebel Alliance, we then met with Mike & Sully, a couple of Green Army Men, then rode ToT, we then left the park and headed back to the Pop

DSC08950.jpg

DSC08951.jpg

DSC_4523.jpg

DSC_4524.jpg

DSC_4527.jpg

DSC08954.jpg

DSC_4535.jpg

We had some lunch in the foodcourt (cheeseburger for Paul and chicken Alfredo for me), then we found that our room was ready, so we collected the luggage from the car and went to find our room (#8303, 90's building)

DSC08960.jpg

DSC08961.jpg

We then spent an hour by the pool, and I did some washing too

After chatting to the girls back home, we went to the Florida Mall armed with the shopping list they'd printed out for us, but sadly we didn't find anything they wanted, though it wasn't a wasted trip as I got the pair off Uggs that I was after

Once back at the Pop, we caught the bus to Epcot, it looked lovely as it was set up for the Flower & Garden Festival, but we'd save the serious photo taking till the next day. Our first stop was The Land for some food, we both had the Mongolian Beef with rice, it was delish, then a Tiramisu for me and Key Lime Pie for Paul

DSC08963.jpg

DSC_4543.jpg

We then wandered over to World Showcase, where we grabbed a lager and cider in the Rose & Crown, and as we walked outside with our drinks, I saw Jen & Scott walk past, so I yelled to them and they joined us for a while as they waited for their buzzer to go off for their meal at the R&C

After a little chat we said our goodbyes, then we had a lager and Kir Royal in France, and a Moretti and Rosa Regale in Italy

DSC_4549.jpg

DSC08965.jpg

DSC08964.jpg

DSC_4568.jpg

DSC_4564.jpg

As IllumiNations was about to start, we exited the park via MouseGear, and caught the bus back to the Pop, where we enjoyed a Captain Mai Tai or two from Petal's pool bar before heading to bed

amazing crusie, it is entirely your fault that I am now pricing up for 2013! I would love to do the same cruise,lovely black dress. fab photos:thumbsup2

amazing crusie, it is entirely your fault that I am now pricing up for 2013! I would love to do the same cruise,lovely black dress. fab photos:thumbsup2

Me too :lmao:

Mandy, your tr's are always fantastic and I love how every move seems so effortless....must be all your cruising experience.

Look forward to more popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter