LuvLuvLuv's Memories TR Starts Pg 73 - Honeymoon Day 6.1

Yay you started! :goodvibes
The suite sounds awesome! The flight does not :( I bet you were up the next morning at the crack of dawn, definitely what happened to us too! lol
What a nice treat the rice crispies are! That fried chicken from the plaza looks sooo goood too!

popcorn::

Yay! You started your TR!

Your view is amazing and the rice crispy treats look fab.

I see videos of World of Colour and it looks great, can't wait to see piccies xx

Im caught up!!! :cool1: LUVLUVLUV your wedding, pics, and the honeymoon so far!!! I am so ready to read more! So glad to be back into my DIS addiction and see all my old friends again! :hug: I have missed you, darlin!

Sorry things have been sucky for you, hopefully something better will come along soon! On the bright side you have a great Bday trip coming up in a couple months! I just tried the "babe, I want to go back to WDW. We didnt get to spend any time in the parks or anything in November...please?" and I totally got shut down. lol count Dave liking WDW as a blessing!! Im jealous!

In the meantime, Im baaaaacccckkk!! And ready for more! popcorn::popcorn:::surfweb::surfweb:

Yay, you started!

After a couple of busy days with flights, packing, etc., what a nice surprise to get upgraded to a suite. The suite looks really nice as did that fried chicken. I am now hungry at almost 10pm at night!

Hope everything is going better at home and that you managed to sort something work wise.

Being lazy, not going back and checking, do you have another trip planned?

Can I just say I'm exhausted just reading about it all? Sheesh!

That sounds awesome about your hotel though. Upgrades are always sweet. =] I wouldn't have taken the money back either. It's a room you'd probably never be able to stay in again. hehe. Woohoo!
I love the beach ball pillows!

We ate the Plaza the night we were in DL as well! I'm kinda jealous you had more than one day to venture all of the parks. I told David the next time we go out to California I need at least 3 days in Disney. Just because I need to see all the fireworks and all of the shows, etc. =] And I want to stay in DL Hotel. haha.

Can't wait to read more babe!

Yay! The honeymoon TR begins! :yay:

No matter how many times it's been, flying cross-country is EXHAUSTING. I lived in CA for most of my 20s and came home at least once a year (sometimes twice), and that first night, ugh!

That was pretty sweet of them to upgrade you. And a fantastic view of California Adventure! And how awesome that they sent you rice crispie treats! I might need to splurge on our next visit out there! :laughing:

*gasp* World of Color on tv?! Awesome!

:goodvibes

As exhausting as it was... we wanna go back again this year :laughing: I'm not sure how in the world I can make that happen... but I wanna go! We absolutely loved our upgraded room! The WoC on TV was just the music... but we could see it from our window. So we turned off all the lights, put the TV on for the music and watched it happen!! :lovestruc Amazing.

Yay!!! You started!!! Your room looks absolutely amazing: and that is a kickbutt view of the park!!!

Also, that fried chicken looks reallllly yummy. And I love the rice krispie treats :D

It was all realllly good. The pot roast was yum, and I said "no veggies please" and he scooped another mashed potato on my plate... I was like oooooh carbs :rotfl:

I'm excited for this TR! I've never flown cross country but I imagine it's exhausting. I flew to England and back and I've never felt more tired in my life. But it's pretty cool that you got upgraded to a suite! It looks gorgeous. I've never been to Disneyland so I can't wait to hear all about it!

Yay! I'm sure the trip to England was just as tiring. I think there's also something about being crammed in a little space with 3 not so little people :laughing: You would love DL--I know you would!!

Yay you started! :goodvibes
The suite sounds awesome! The flight does not :( I bet you were up the next morning at the crack of dawn, definitely what happened to us too! lol
What a nice treat the rice crispies are! That fried chicken from the plaza looks sooo goood too!

popcorn::

Lol... oh yeah... next morning I was waiting at the door for the CL lounge to open at 6:30 :rotfl:

Yay! You started your TR!

Your view is amazing and the rice crispy treats look fab.

I see videos of World of Colour and it looks great, can't wait to see piccies xx

I have an obsession with WoC. I didn't think anything could top Wishes fireworks in my heart.... but WoC makes me a complete mess. I love it!!

Im caught up!!! :cool1: LUVLUVLUV your wedding, pics, and the honeymoon so far!!! I am so ready to read more! So glad to be back into my DIS addiction and see all my old friends again! :hug: I have missed you, darlin!

Sorry things have been sucky for you, hopefully something better will come along soon! On the bright side you have a great Bday trip coming up in a couple months! I just tried the "babe, I want to go back to WDW. We didnt get to spend any time in the parks or anything in November...please?" and I totally got shut down. lol count Dave liking WDW as a blessing!! Im jealous!

In the meantime, Im baaaaacccckkk!! And ready for more! popcorn::popcorn:::surfweb::surfweb:

I'm so glad you're back. I missed you bunches. I do consider his addiction lucky for me, lol. Hopefully some day when we all get ourselves together we can have a DisBride trip!

Yay, you started!

After a couple of busy days with flights, packing, etc., what a nice surprise to get upgraded to a suite. The suite looks really nice as did that fried chicken. I am now hungry at almost 10pm at night!

Hope everything is going better at home and that you managed to sort something work wise.

Being lazy, not going back and checking, do you have another trip planned?

Lol, I get hungry looking at all that too!! I was just working on ADRs for May :) More on that in a minute!

Can I just say I'm exhausted just reading about it all? Sheesh!

That sounds awesome about your hotel though. Upgrades are always sweet. =] I wouldn't have taken the money back either. It's a room you'd probably never be able to stay in again. hehe. Woohoo!
I love the beach ball pillows!

We ate the Plaza the night we were in DL as well! I'm kinda jealous you had more than one day to venture all of the parks. I told David the next time we go out to California I need at least 3 days in Disney. Just because I need to see all the fireworks and all of the shows, etc. =] And I want to stay in DL Hotel. haha.

Can't wait to read more babe!

Actually.... the Paradise Pier/CL/Park View with the discount is less than a standard deluxe hotel room at WDW. I was shocked in how economical it was! It was a really nice hotel :) They even leave a note on your bed saying that you'll be charged $65 if you take a beach ball pillow :laughing:

You definately need a few more days next time!

Mmm... that food looks so yummy.

And that was only the first meal :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's take a minute to catch up.

From the sounds of it... our last day here is May 1. The day of my 29th birthday, lol. May 2nd I will sleep in and pack. May 3rd... I'm leavin' on a jet plane to go see the Mouse! As of right now, we are going to be at the WL/Honeymoon Suite CL from May 4-9, and staying probably in a studio at VWL the 3rd since our room wasn't available that night. We were booked at Movies, but we tend to hang in the room a lot during the hot months and wanted to try this. I have been going back and forth about switching to OKW--but we're at WL for now.

Once we get back, I will be going full time at Dior. Everything is kind of calming down. Mostly because I have trying to take myself out of the equation. I know it's the calm before the real storm and I'm not going to continue to let it wear on me.

Another something we're thinking about...

Now that I'll be at the store full time, I can't take any time off in November or December. That means no real Anniversary trip for us. So in talks... these were our thoughts--randomly from both of us.

*I wanna see Carsland and Buena Vista Street finished at DL
*I wanna see Fireworks and Fantasmic! at DL since they were down
*I wanna ride the Matterhorn at DL since it was down
*I wanna go to Food and Wine
*I thought you wanted to see HalloWishes
*I do, but I also want to see the Haunted Mansion/Space Mountain for Halloween at DL
*I really don't want to miss Food and Wine
*Our passes are up in November, are we renewing for both or just WDW?
*When will we get back to California?
*How much is a flight from CVG to SNA to MCO back to CVG?
*Ummm we should just do both--we'll call it the Epic Anniversary

Somehow I am trying to figure out how to do both in a week in October. I'm thinking Saturday-Wednesday at Disneyland and Wednesday-Saturday at Disney World. It sounds like complete insanity... but I don't know when we'll be able to take another vacation like this after my severance is up and I'm on one income. Kind of like the last hoo-rah. Thoughts?? :rotfl: I really have no clue how to make it work and I'm focusing on May first. I want to stay at DLH since thats the only one we haven't stayed at, then move to a 1BR villa so we can wash our clothes when we get to WDW :)

Anywho... on with the show. :woohoo:

Day 2 in DL (Monday) --

Well I woke up dark and early, lol. I had the best sleep in that bed by myself, lol. DH said I was out as soon as I hit the pillow. I got up, brushed my teeth and hair, dressed and waited until it was time for the lounge to open. DH was up too. We went down and you could tell there was one other East-Coaster there because we saw her both mornings just as awake as we were, lol. I had cereal and coffee, he had a whole bunch of stuff. We took some Sprite, Uncrustables and Chips back to the room for later. We finished up there and went back to the room to get ready.

We got ready, and I asked DH if he wanted Mousekeeping or not. We decided that we didn't need it since we had 2 bathrooms and plenty of towels. I called and asked if they could just bring us a little more Shampoo, Conditioner and Shower Gel--also asked if they had any toothbrushes--somehow I only packed one :confused3 I know I had 2 in there, but somehow I must have taken one out for something and didn't put it back, lol. A few minutes later, they brought me a huge bag of bath goodies!! Much more than we needed... but very much appreciated!! Since we were on points at GCV, we didn't have Mousekeeping until day 4 and this stuff came in handy!

IMG_2089.jpg

Here's a daytime view from our room!

IMG_2091.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

So we finished getting ready and decided to go to California Adventure. The quickest way is to go across the street to GCH and use their entrance from the hotel.

IMG_2093.jpg

IMG_2094.jpg

They were letting hotel guests get in at 9:15 instead of the normal 10am opening. We were still early, so we hung out in the gift shop for a bit. Ummmm did you know that Magicale is NOT discontinued in Disneyland... only Disney World!! That stuff was as common as Rosa Regale over there!! I don't care who says "It's the same" It is not!! Magicale is delicious. Back to our scheduled programming.

So we go to get into California Adventure and the CM said, why don't you have a picture? Umm what picture? We had no idea what she was talking about--we got in fine last night. She asked where we got our AP and we said in Florida. She said it must be a Florida thing and asked for our IDs... we showed, she hit a button and we went in. Weird.

Apparently the only 2 things that are open from 9:15-10:00 are Soarin and Ariel's. We stood at Soarin for 15 minutes and they finally said it was down. So we made our way to Ariel's, rode it twice in a row, then stood for a while at rope drop.

IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

Once it was all open, we ran with the bulls to Toy Story, then to California Screamin, Mickey's Fun Wheel, Jumpin Jellyfish, Goofy's Sky School, then stopped at Corn Dog Castle for lunch--I think it was like 10:45am--we were starving. I love that with a Premier Passport we got 15% all food in the parks including Counter Service, and 10% at Downtown Disney. We got a great look at Carsland from the Mickey's Fun Wheel--we went on the sissy part that doesn't swing. From there, we made it over to the Hollywood Backlot and we could see where ElecTRONica would be. We hit Mike and Sulley's ride, watched Muppets 3D, Tower of Terror, and saw where the Aladdin show is--I had tickets for Reserved Seating, but left them in the room so we would go on Tuesday. We had basically knocked out California Adventure and it was barely noon. On our way back, we went through Bugs Land--but it was all very kiddie, so we skipped--but very cute! We circled back to Soarin, rode that and decided to go through Downtown Disney for a bit.

Here are pictures from the day!

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

(World of Color Viewing Area from Above)
IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

We looked through the shops for a bit. We always do this. We look early in the trip, then mid-end of the trip we had a spree. I just like to take it all in and see if there's anything else out there!

We decided since it was so early, we should go into DL. We get to the DL gate, they ask for our IDs since we don't have a picture. What is this picture thing? We assume it's a CA/FL difference. So we get into DL for the first time in Daylight. It was great! I can't tell you the last time I toured with a map!

Since it was mid-day, and there were still some crowds from the Marathon, we thought we'd just walk around and do a little. I was cold. I underestimated how chilly it would be. We started out on Buzz which is weird because you can pick the guns up--they're not stationary. It was different for sure. Lines were kind of meh... We were getting tired. We started to shop a bit and just look around. We finally were getting a feel for the place and were making a plan for the next morning which was a Magic Morning where we got in 1 hour early. We decided that we were hungry. I think it was a little after 3, but what can you do, lol--we were still set on EST. We were right by Cafe Orleans so we stopped in and they seated us outside. It was cold, but oh well. I got the French Onion Soup and the Pommes Frites, DH got the Monte Cristo and we split a Bananas Foster Crepe. It was pretty good, but I think DH was overwhelmed by the "friedness" of the Monte Cristo. The fries were as good as everyone says! We were really tired. I was still a little hungry as DH heavily sampled my soup and fries. I didn't say anything since it was no big deal--I figured I'd snack on something else later. As we were wrapping up the check, a lovely lady dining solo asked if I was on the Disboards. She recognized us from my avatar and was there for the marathon. How fun to meet an unexpected Dis'er!

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

So we left Cafe Orleans. We walked around, but realized we were in the wrong direction, so we rode the railroad to Main Street and decided to trek back to the hotel. It was a little after 5pm :laughing: When we got back to Paradise Pier, the lounge had the appetizers, etc out. DH got a couple beers, I had a few bites of stuff, we took some stuff for the room, and we rented 2 movies from the lounge. Oliver and Company and D2: The Mighty Ducks :rotfl2: What a combo.

So we got back up to the room, settled in, got comfy in the living room and watched Oliver and Company. After that was over, we went back down to the lounge for the dessert offering--chocolate covered strawberries!!!! Yummy!!

We went back up, watched D2, and upon the ending of that was perfect timing to see World of Color from the room again!! I just loved our view!!
I was kind of sad because the next day we were leaving this hotel, and our view. The morning of Day 3 was going to be busy:

*Breakfast in the lounge
*Get Ready
*Pack
*Check into GCV
*Be at the DL gate by 8:45am

I packed up the big suitcase and only left out things we needed. We were in bed early again.

Day 3 coming up next! Pictures to come hopefully tonight!

***I have more pix on my phone I need to put on here!!

•I freaking love Disneyland!!!!!!!!!!! ...Just had to throw that out there! :lmao:
•Love the hotel pics--I've never stayed on-property there, but I might just have to now!
•Aww, I love little treats like those, that's so nice.
•That's a bummer about the fireworks. I would be angry/upset too.

•Sorry to hear about the job. :hug:

•I don't think it's insane to do a trip like that. I would totally take advantage of that! :thumbsup2

Deena, you're featured on the Disney Wedding Blog today! You were such a beautiful bride. Your pictures are so romantic. I love the one with the monorail in the background. :lovestruc

Deena, you're featured on the Disney Wedding Blog today! You were such a beautiful bride. Your pictures are so romantic. I love the one with the monorail in the background. :lovestruc

I had no idea!! I didn't submit that, lol! Jason and Lucia must have sent it in!! Yay!

Glad to hear you have something sorted work wise.

With your DW/DL trip, won't you 'lose' 3 hours if you go from DL/DW due to the time difference? Could you do it the other way around or do you want to end with DW (which is completely understandable!)?

I love DW and had never had much interest in DL but reading about your trip and another DL TR as they also go to Aulani, I now really want to go! With having 2 kids though I don't know if it's somewhere we will ever go as there is so much more to do in DW and the surrounding areas. I can't let DH see this though as he is a massive film fan and I know he would love to go to the west coast! Maybe one day we should combine it with San Francisco, maybe Vegas, maybe Aulani!!

Can't wait to read if you manage to get everything done by 8.45am.

Yay! This sounds like another great day. I really wanna go to DL, just sayin. And I love your movie combo: the love of my life (aka Joshua Jackson) got his big break in the Mighty Ducks.

Yay updates!!! :woohoo: I loved all the pics from DL and now with the TR started it's all coming together :love:

**Pictures have been added to Day 2--go back and check them out!!**

•I freaking love Disneyland!!!!!!!!!!! ...Just had to throw that out there! :lmao:
•Love the hotel pics--I've never stayed on-property there, but I might just have to now!
•Aww, I love little treats like those, that's so nice.
•That's a bummer about the fireworks. I would be angry/upset too.

•Sorry to hear about the job. :hug:

•I don't think it's insane to do a trip like that. I would totally take advantage of that! :thumbsup2

Staying on property was so magical there!! I loved it!! I really want to go back :) Fireworks are so important to me, lol, I love them!

Thanks for letting me know!! I was working on my May/October trips, along with working, and hadn't made it over to the DWB yet! Yay!

Glad to hear you have something sorted work wise.

With your DW/DL trip, won't you 'lose' 3 hours if you go from DL/DW due to the time difference? Could you do it the other way around or do you want to end with DW (which is completely understandable!)?

I love DW and had never had much interest in DL but reading about your trip and another DL TR as they also go to Aulani, I now really want to go! With having 2 kids though I don't know if it's somewhere we will ever go as there is so much more to do in DW and the surrounding areas. I can't let DH see this though as he is a massive film fan and I know he would love to go to the west coast! Maybe one day we should combine it with San Francisco, maybe Vegas, maybe Aulani!!

Can't wait to read if you manage to get everything done by 8.45am.

Great point!! It's also cheaper to fly from MCO to SNA... so it's WDW first then DL!! I'm getting crazy excited about this!! If you ever get the chance... do it!!

I love all ur pics on the blog!!! :love: I MEAN ALL OF THEM!! :banana:

Thank you Thank you!!

Me, too! Congrats on the beautiful feature, Deena!! :goodvibes

Thanks so much :) I wasn't expecting it!!

Yay! This sounds like another great day. I really wanna go to DL, just sayin. And I love your movie combo: the love of my life (aka Joshua Jackson) got his big break in the Mighty Ducks.

OH JJ--he was a major love of mine growing up. I loved him in the first one before he made it big... then the second... and the third, lol. I have them all on VHS and DVD :laughing:

Yay updates!!! :woohoo: I loved all the pics from DL and now with the TR started it's all coming together :love:

Yeah... I guess just looking at a photobucket of nonsense could be confusing :rotfl2: Now I get to tell a story :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I should be doing other things, but I'm obsessed with the weather sites. We're having semi-apocoliptic weather, and it's supposed to get worse in a couple hours.

I need to pull some photos from my phone this weekend--someone remind me, lol.

In other news... my resort changing self changed resorts again. We're staying at POR in a Royal Room/River View in May. I'm really nosy and want to see this thing for myself :rotfl: Plus it took over $1000 off my total which was nice :woohoo:

Day 3 coming up!

OOOOH let me know how that Royal Room is...I really want to see what its about too! I've been up to no good, trying to see if we can swing a trip this year and have been pricing out different options. I saw the Royal Room mentioned and thought it could either be super cool or a bit kiddie..so you let me know! What are the dates of your trip? I need airfare to go down a bit, and we may could swing something this year...oh yeah, assuming I sway the non-disney-nut of a husband!

And Im going to google your weather situation, Ive been hiding under a rock and dont know what your referencing! LOL

Woohoo! I was saving part 2 until the pictures were posted.

•You really did have a great theme park view...jealous!
•I'm SOOO excited for Cars Land.
•The tilt-shift photos are so cute...I love miniatures. :laughing:
•Mmm, those fries do look yummy.
•Love that you were spotted by another DISer!

More, please!

Day 3--Part One **I think photobucket didn't download my whole DL morning.... I'll check into it tonight and find all the missing pictures!!***

Once again--we were up bright and early. I got up and moving, made sure everything was ready for the move to GCV. We went down to the lounge to chow and caffinate. I turned in our DVDs, asked about transportation to Knott's Berry Farm and she gave us 2 $20 flat rate cab vouchers, and we moved a few dining reservations around. We got back to the room, got ready, packed up the stuff we used and our stuff in the fridge, checked everything. He had to tell me to step away from the window. I loved our view and our room. We were out the door at 7:30. Thank goodness for my spinning luggage, lol. We rolled everything across the street and into GCV.

We checked in--I asked if there was anything facing the park--she got us into a great room on the 5th floor!! She gave us buttons and a signed Mickey/Minnie picture. Another CM next to her struck a conversation with DH about WDW discontinuing the JM buttons. She said she had something special for us and handed him 2 of the older/heavier ones that say "Where dreams come true" on them! Amazing! We also got more special fast passes with our reservation! The room wasn't ready yet so we checked our bags with bell services and made our way through Downtown Disney to the Disneyland gates. We made it there with 20 minutes to spare!! Whew!

They had a cute family open the park and we were on our way!! First stop... Fantasyland! We walked up Main Street and through the castle! Lines were non existant. We went on Mr. Toad, Snow White, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Teacups, Alice in Wonderland, Dumbo, and the Storybook Land Boat Ride all in one hour!! The Matterhorn and It's a Small World were both down. IASW opened our last day there--preview... it was amazing!! We both agreed that we loved the Tea Cups outside, and that Alice in Wonderland was our new favorite ride!! Even though the rides may have the same name--they are all different and at the end, I'm going to say what I liked better where! Although it's not a ride--the walk through of Sleeping Beauty's Castle was soooooo much fun. Especially because DH thinks Aurora is his girlfriend. He loves her so much. He was giddy to be in her castle and walk thru the story!

***I seem to be missing an entire batch of photos... I will find and add!***

We stopped through Toon Town and rode Roger Rabbit, then walked through to see all the cuteness. DL Toon Town beats everything WDW ever had!! We then went over and rode Finding Nemo. It brought back memories of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. It was a fun little ride. We saw where the monorail drops you off in Tomorrowland, but had yet to be on it. We went and rode Space Mountain, which was reallllllly good. I love the different seats in it! Star Tours was crazy so we skipped and rode Buzz again. It was time to make our way over to the other side of the park.

IMG_2595.jpg

IMG_2599.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg

We rode PoTC and we were lucky enough to be in a boat with someone who had apparently never ever ever been on a ride before because they narrated the whole thing for us loudly. This was about a 23 year old guy. "Look there's a dog, the fur looks real" "That lady looks real" "That made a real pig sound" "I think they use hydraulics for the water" "Do you think that's real mud?" If I had a nickel for every time he yelled, "OMG that's cool" I could take each and every Disbride for a week long stay at the Grand Floridian's Main Building. This ride is long. Really long, and the boat goes half the speed as the one in WDW. I wanted to jump overboard, and DH was ready to follow me.

After that gem, we went over to the Haunted Mansion which didn't look so haunted from the outside. I'm like... ummm... this looks like a really nice house in the south, lol. Confusing--but good none the less.

IMG_2256.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

We continued and did Splash and Thunder Mountains, and around the corner to Winnie the Pooh. We were done with everything we wanted to do, except Star Tours. It was only a little after 11, but I was ready to eat my arm off.

We played the "what do you want" "no what do you want" game for a bit before I was like ahhhhhhhhhh WTH do you want! We decided to exit the park and find something in Downtown Disney. We ended up at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Express. We ordered a feast. He got a PoBoy, I got a fried sampler with chicken tenders and popcorn shrimp, we got a french baguette, corn on the cob, hushpuppies, and SnoBalls (hawaiian ice) for dessert! Yum. It was a little cajun spicy for my taste, but I'm a wuss. There was a nice variety there, and it looked like they had a nice breakfast menu too!

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

After lunch, we walked around DD for a bit and made our way over to California Adventure. We rode Toy Story, went to the Blue Sky Cellar to see the Carsland exhibit, and did some shopping, and watched the Pixar Parade.

IMG_2913.jpg

IMG_2915.jpg

IMG_2916.jpg

I had accidentally had our Aladdin passes with bell services, but we decided to just get in line and not be in the VIP section. The line was blahhhhh long. It was early afternoon on a Tuesday--why does everyone want to see this particular show, lol. While in line (and still about 30 minutes to go), I got the text our room was ready. I told DH we needed to go get the VIP passes and come back for a later show that day. So we made our way to GCV, got to the room, called bell services for our bags and got settled in.

IMG_2270.jpg

IMG_2271.jpg

IMG_2272.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg

We unpacked, changed clothes, got the VIP passes and went back out. Of course we were early. I figured we could shop down that way. He found a TRON shirt he loved, but they were out of his size and not getting anymore in. We went across the street and into this big room of randomness. It's where Turtle Talk is, the Animation Academy (which I had never done), and something called the Sorcerer's Workshop. We had 35 minutes and I said we should go down there to see what it was because nothing takes over 35 minutes. It was by far the coolest, sweetest place I had ever gone to. First you go to an animation room, then to Belle's/Beast's Library, then to Ursula's. We had sooooooo much fun in there!! I have to post pictures!! After a bit of play, we made our way to the VIP line for Aladdin.

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg

We got fantastic seats!! I'm so glad I read the boards to find these things out!! I love all shows, but this by far, hands down, was the best Disney show we have ever seen. DH loved it, I loved it, of course I had tears at the end--love love love love love. Everyone needs to go see this.

It was about time to check in for our World of Color dinner at Ariel's. We had only seen the WOC from our room, but never with the projections yet! I was so excited! We got checked in and seated for dinner. They bring bread and an appetizer tower to start. DH had a beer and iced tea, I had a glass of Magicale and an Iced Tea. The appy tower was a bunch of stuff I don't eat, lol. I ate the dried apricots, lol. We both ordered the Tri Tip Steak, and for dessert they bring a mixed platter of stuff, lol. DH really liked his everything. I could have done without the appy tower, my steak was spicy as all (you know), and the desserts were super meh. Even with the 15% discount, I think our total was like $120 or $130. This better be a spectacular water show.

Service was good, I'm just not sure if it was just an off night there--I just didn't love it. Nothing at the other WOC dinner option looked like anything I would eat. If I had to do it again, I would, and I would ask for a plate of mashed potatoes, because those were to die for. Paired with the Magicale--I guess I have to give it at least a 7, lol. The decor was amazing, and I bet the princess breakfast there is great.

Okay--I have a few things to do at work... and WOC needs a post on it's own. Be back later!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter