LuvLuvLuv's Memories TR Starts Pg 73 - Honeymoon Day 6.1

I can't wait to read all about your honeymoon!! Have a safe and fun trip. Oh and I LOL'ed at your post-wedding "meal." The sad part is, I thought it looked really tasty...I think I need to eat breakfast.

Oh my, Deena! I cannot believe you've completed the TR! :guilty:
It's been an amazing roller coaster ride with you, but I've enjoyed every second of it. I hope when you reflect on everything, good and bad, you will see that you had an absolutely beautiful wedding day! :goodvibes I'm so excited to hear about your Disneyland honeymoon--Disneyland is awesome. :lovestruc

Lots of love!!! :hug::hug::hug:

I firmly agree with you posting your trip report over here!

I was thinking about you the other day. =] I miss you terribly and hope you stick around long enough for my wedding, cause lord knows I need as much support as possible. ;D

The pictures look great and you and I are so similar it's not even funny. I seriously take 100's of pictures of the castle every time I go. I don't know why. It looks the same. But still. haha.

So happy for you. Keep up with the gym! I'm working out at home. Good luck luv! Hopefully we can catch up soon!<3

Really enjoyed reading all your planning and your pictures and your trip report. Sorry it is over. Definately come back when you and your DH return from your honeymoon. I am sure we would all love to hear all about it - and see lots of pictures.

Thank you so much for sharing your special day with all of us on the disboards.

Linda

I would love to read about your DL honeymoon - glad you've decided to post over here!

Yay! I figured it may as well all go in one place!

It has been a PLEASURE to be a part of your wedding and honeymoon...and soon Part 2.....RC trip, oh and our April trip :lovestruc

BTW, I can NEVER get enough of the castle....:dance3:

I'm so glad you came over here to check it out!! I'm so excited for 2012!! I do love the castle.... but I'm obsessed with the Osbourne lights! I'm nervous the RC'ers are going to have to have an intervention with me to leave :rotfl:

Awww. I hate to see the words 'Final TR Update' :sad1:

I really have enjoyed reading along, you've worked really hard for that wedding and you really have put up with alot of grief and obstacles. You really truly deserved to have a great wedding and you're photos were amazing. You looked absoultely beautiful on your big day.

Though... I'll never say no to more photos. Them last two on your TR of the castle are fab. The castle looks so pretty. :lovestruc

I'll definately want to hear about DL, I'm bugging DH to take me there one day. Can't wait.

Much love to you Deena and thank you for sharing your experiences xxx

The word final was so hard to type!! I think the words "The End" will be harder!! Thank you for reading along, and thank you for liking my photos!! I think DL will be an adventure!! I can't wait to share!!

No! How can it be over? You have had one of the lovliest and most interesting PJs on the board!

I dunno... this was supposed to go on for another 11 months :laughing: I appreciate you being here!!

I can't wait to read all about your honeymoon!! Have a safe and fun trip. Oh and I LOL'ed at your post-wedding "meal." The sad part is, I thought it looked really tasty...I think I need to eat breakfast.

Thank you! Thank you! I felt like I was going to fall over by the time we were done!! My meal was delicious, lol. Not quite as fancy as some wedding meals.... but fabulous none the less!!

Oh my, Deena! I cannot believe you've completed the TR! :guilty:
It's been an amazing roller coaster ride with you, but I've enjoyed every second of it. I hope when you reflect on everything, good and bad, you will see that you had an absolutely beautiful wedding day! :goodvibes I'm so excited to hear about your Disneyland honeymoon--Disneyland is awesome. :lovestruc

Lots of love!!! :hug::hug:

:hug: Thank you!! You're an amazing friend and I'm so glad to have had you through my journey!! Thank you for all your kind words!! I do have a teensy favor for you... read below :cutie:

I firmly agree with you posting your trip report over here!

I was thinking about you the other day. =] I miss you terribly and hope you stick around long enough for my wedding, cause lord knows I need as much support as possible. ;D

The pictures look great and you and I are so similar it's not even funny. I seriously take 100's of pictures of the castle every time I go. I don't know why. It looks the same. But still. haha.

So happy for you. Keep up with the gym! I'm working out at home. Good luck luv! Hopefully we can catch up soon!<3

I miss you too!! You work now in the hours we used to chat :( We do need to catch up soon!! Your day will be here before you know it!! I have a teensy favor for you too!! Read below!

Really enjoyed reading all your planning and your pictures and your trip report. Sorry it is over. Definately come back when you and your DH return from your honeymoon. I am sure we would all love to hear all about it - and see lots of pictures.

Thank you so much for sharing your special day with all of us on the disboards.

Linda

Thanks Linda! I'll be sure to come back and post about the honeymoon!! The adventures are staring already :laughing:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So about this honeymoon :rolleyes1

If you recall--I booked the honeymoon in August. Originally when we were getting married in 2012, we were to stay in WDW for 11 nights. When we changed it to this year, we were only able to say for 6 nights. I didn't have the money to do all the things we wanted to do, and I felt badly for that--but I was able to make a wedding happen in 12 weeks--so it was okay. I scored a great deal on Grand Californian Villa points in the middle of August. I paid in full to get that out of the way. DH always wanted to go there, and was so excited when I booked it. I also told my family and friends about my plans, because I was super excited--I explained one was our wedding trip, and one was our honeymoon.

While in WDW for the wedding trip, we got Premier Passports for Florida/California since it would save lots of $$ over the next year. In a nutshell... this was our trip:

Day 1: Check in Drama, Unpack, Organize, Call Vendors
Day 2: Wedding, Wedding, Wedding
Day 3: Exhaustion and Freezing Temperatures
Day 4: Crazy Crowds EVERYWHERE
Day 5: Room Change Day - Pack, Unpack
Day 6: Sick, a little park fun, Pack
Day 7: Sick, and departure

So... after that, plus coming home to the holiday season in retail--this is literally the most perfect time to get away!!

Somehow, over the past 5 months this trip has been booked, DH never mentioned it to work, his friends, or his mother. He just put in for vacation last Friday, and his mother found out by stalking my facebook yesterday. So she immediately texts him and asked how long he's known. He told her we booked it last week, and that it's a trip, not a honeymoon. :headache: :headache: :headache: Lies. He said he just didn't want to talk to her, or answer her questions. Not my problem. I'm not dealing with lies. And yes sir... the $3500 I've put into this trip is for a honeymoon. I am so angry and hurt and he doesn't understand why.

Here's where Danielle and Jenifer come in. :lovestruc

On Wednesday or Thursday... I need this posted on my Facebook wall:
(It would be too obvious if it was today or tomorrow, lol)

Danielle:
I can't believe you'll be in Disneyland in a few days! I think we both did the right thing by having a wedding trip and a honeymoon! My trip was so busy it was over before I could enjoy myself and I'm sure yours was too! Have a great time! I can't believe it's FINALLY here!

Jenifer:
Ahh you'll be in California soooooo soon! It seems like you booked this foreverrrrr ago =) Happy Honeymooning!

____
Childish? :confused3 I could care less :laughing:

That should put things in perspective a little better :rotfl2: I worked my booty off the past 10 weeks to pay for this, and I'm sorry, but it is not just a "trip" that we booked last minute. Anyone else who wants to chime in with an "innocent" / "nonchalant" comment is welcome. Just make sure it doesn't seem prompted, and that we wait a couple days, lol.

So as of now, the plan is to drive to Pittsburgh on Saturday, family is watching Baxter, fly out Sunday morning. Check into Paradise Pier Club Level with a Theme Park View (first 2 nights)! Eat in the lounge, then venture to fireworks and Electronica.

After that--I planned a few meals, but everyone is telling me not to plan, so I'm trying desperately to plan a non-planned trip :lmao: I do plan on using the gym at Paradise Pier and Grand Californian Villas. I do wish we had a few more excess dollars to rent a car to go see a taping of Chelsea Lately or Whitney.... but hopefully there's a next time!

That's all I have for now!! Happy Monday!! :grouphug:

:lmao::lmao:
I'll do whatever you need me to do!
Would you like me to copy and paste it verbatim? Or type something along those lines? I'll post on Wednesday. :thumbsup2

:lmao::lmao:
I'll do whatever you need me to do!
Would you like me to copy and paste it verbatim? Or type something along those lines? I'll post on Wednesday. :thumbsup2

Yay!! :rotfl2: Thanks girl!! You can word along those lines however you wish... as long as you get the FINALLY in there, lol!!

Thanks bunches!!

The DIS is making me nuts lately...I thought I posted and it disappeared :headache:

Deena, we will be arm and arm at the lights, I don't think the RCers will mind :love:

And DL IS a well deserved honeymoon for you both! I am sorry the drama continues.......gotta love family! This is why I love our DIS family so much...no drama...all love :hug:

I just wanted to say you look absolutely stunning in your photos! I adore the rooftop photo with the castle in the background.

Congratulations!

Yay for your honeymoon coming up. Very awesome getting married in DW and getting to honeymoon in DL. Can't wait to hear all about it :)

I just wanted to say that I love all of the pics you've posted of your wedding day! You looked beautiful!!

I can't wait to read all about your HM at DL!!!

Deena, I didn't know you had a TR going!! While you are away on your DL Honeymoon, I plan to read through and be all caught up and ready for the Honeymoon TR!:yay:

Have an absolutely MAGICAL Honeymoon! Safe travels to Pittsburgh and on to CA!
9e2c84ec.gif

p.s. You were a gorgeous bride!! LOVE all the pics -thanks so much for sharing them. :goodvibes

2 more sleeps!!!! :cheer2:

Deena,

Hope I am not too late, but I just posted on facebook for you. ;)

All the photos have been lovely. I am so happy that you are going to post your DL trip report here. It is your honeymoon after all. :)

Have a fabulous time time. Can't wait to read all about it.

Safe travels!

The DIS is making me nuts lately...I thought I posted and it disappeared :headache:

Deena, we will be arm and arm at the lights, I don't think the RCers will mind :love:

And DL IS a well deserved honeymoon for you both! I am sorry the drama continues.......gotta love family! This is why I love our DIS family so much...no drama...all love :hug:

Lol, I've had some poof, plus it's been realllly slow!! Speaking of family--I see mine tomorrow :eek: I can't wait to see the lights with my RC'ers!! I miss them. Wait till HRH sees my pictures :rolleyes1 You'll be packing up and heading west, lol.

I just wanted to say you look absolutely stunning in your photos! I adore the rooftop photo with the castle in the background.

Congratulations!

Thank you!!!

Families are frequently drama-ridden but yours seem particularly nightmarish.

:rotfl2:

Yay for your honeymoon coming up. Very awesome getting married in DW and getting to honeymoon in DL. Can't wait to hear all about it :)

I can't wait to write all about it!! I love that it's a brand new experience!!

I just wanted to say that I love all of the pics you've posted of your wedding day! You looked beautiful!!

I can't wait to read all about your HM at DL!!!

Thank you!! Thank you!!

Deena, I didn't know you had a TR going!! While you are away on your DL Honeymoon, I plan to read through and be all caught up and ready for the Honeymoon TR!:yay:

Have an absolutely MAGICAL Honeymoon! Safe travels to Pittsburgh and on to CA!
9e2c84ec.gif

p.s. You were a gorgeous bride!! LOVE all the pics -thanks so much for sharing them. :goodvibes

2 more sleeps!!!! :cheer2:

Oh yeah Christine... this thing is massive, lol. I would put it in the Drama category :lmao: I will send pictures for sure!! Thanks for reading!! 1 more sleep now till PA, 2 more sleeps till DL!!

Deena,

Hope I am not too late, but I just posted on facebook for you. ;)

All the photos have been lovely. I am so happy that you are going to post your DL trip report here. It is your honeymoon after all. :)

Have a fabulous time time. Can't wait to read all about it.

Safe travels!

Yay, I loved my FB post :) Thanks very much!! I think it'll be appropriate to put it here as well--I'm not ready to leave y'all yet, lol :yay:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ummm, I leave tomorrow. Not packed, not ready, procrastinating as usual. I am off tonight, which is a major plus. I do have to go to a dinner for my good friend's last day at work--then I can come home (I may stop for a pedi, lol). I was really close with 3 girls at work, and this is now the 3rd one to leave--so I feel kind of alone. Of course I get along with everyone else there--it's just not the same without my close friends.

We haven't really set a time to leave tomorrow. We're driving to PA, staying over night there, then flying out Sunday at noon.

Sunday we get to Paradise Pier CL-TPV. The deal was about 35% off, plus you get 2 immediate fast passes per person. Not sure if that's per night, or just per reservation--either way... it's pretty sweet. There are Fireworks and ElecTRONica that night so those are my musts. We're not sure how our body will feel being on a different schedule, so I didn't book food for this day--we'll do CS and CL food.

Monday-Thursday there's not much of a plan. I have preferred seating to Aladdin that needs to be used by January 31 (so Monday or Tuesday). We want to go to Knotts Berry Farm on a good weather day (taking the bus). I have World of Color Preferred Seating Dinner at Ariel's on Wednesday. I am excited that there's a special Magic, Memories and You that starts on Feb 1... so I get to see both over there!! We move to GCVillas in a studio on Tuesday. Hopefully we have some swimming weather too!

Friday has fireworks and ElecTRONica again. It will be our last day so we will hit anything we want one last time. We have to pack because our flight is EARLY on Saturday morning.

We'll fly out early, get back to the house, stay over, then drive back home on Sunday in time for the Superbowl.

Here's the food that we will probably hit:
Red Wagon
Taste Pilot Grill
The Plaza
Tortilla Jos
Cafe Orleans
Naples
Jazz Kitchen Express
Ariels - WOC dinner
Goofy's Brunch
Napolini
Blue Bayou
Maybe Fire and Ice at the Garden Walk

Our layovers are only about 45 minutes so it'll be depart, grab a piece of pizza, get on the plane type of thing. Nothing fancy at the airports.

I happily can say that there are no budget issues this time. I'm not down anything. Not that I have a surplus--but we won't have to skimp. I did cancel my Mandara Spa because I read bad reviews of the GC location, and I canceled Minnie's Breakfast because $65 for breakfast even with a discount is a bit much considering DH doesn't really eat breakfast. At least at Goofy's brunch they have other things so we're having it more as a lunch. Funny how you feel differently about things when you don't have a dining plan :rolleyes:

If I can make it until 5pm without bursting from excitement--it'll be a miracle. I need to make a packing list. DH wants to go carry on only--and welllllll I dunno if I can do it. I'm going to try to be a minimalist--but it's hard :( I also need to try and kiss and make up with my contacts. I'll never like those things--but they are rather convenient when riding rides.

I can't wait to report everything!! I'm off to make my list!! Happy Friday Everyone :wave:

Lol, I've had some poof, plus it's been realllly slow!! Speaking of family--I see mine tomorrow :eek: I can't wait to see the lights with my RC'ers!! I miss them. Wait till HRH sees my pictures :rolleyes1 You'll be packing up and heading west, lol.

Thank you!!!

:rotfl2:

I can't wait to write all about it!! I love that it's a brand new experience!!

Thank you!! Thank you!!

Oh yeah Christine... this thing is massive, lol. I would put it in the Drama category :lmao: I will send pictures for sure!! Thanks for reading!! 1 more sleep now till PA, 2 more sleeps till DL!!

Yay, I loved my FB post :) Thanks very much!! I think it'll be appropriate to put it here as well--I'm not ready to leave y'all yet, lol :yay:

Ummm, I leave tomorrow. Not packed, not ready, procrastinating as usual. I am off tonight, which is a major plus. I do have to go to a dinner for my good friend's last day at work--then I can come home (I may stop for a pedi, lol). I was really close with 3 girls at work, and this is now the 3rd one to leave--so I feel kind of alone. Of course I get along with everyone else there--it's just not the same without my close friends.

We haven't really set a time to leave tomorrow. We're driving to PA, staying over night there, then flying out Sunday at noon.

Sunday we get to Paradise Pier CL-TPV. The deal was about 35% off, plus you get 2 immediate fast passes per person. Not sure if that's per night, or just per reservation--either way... it's pretty sweet. There are Fireworks and ElecTRONica that night so those are my musts. We're not sure how our body will feel being on a different schedule, so I didn't book food for this day--we'll do CS and CL food.

Monday-Thursday there's not much of a plan. I have preferred seating to Aladdin that needs to be used by January 31 (so Monday or Tuesday). We want to go to Knotts Berry Farm on a good weather day (taking the bus). I have World of Color Preferred Seating Dinner at Ariel's on Wednesday. I am excited that there's a special Magic, Memories and You that starts on Feb 1... so I get to see both over there!! We move to GCVillas in a studio on Tuesday. Hopefully we have some swimming weather too!

Friday has fireworks and ElecTRONica again. It will be our last day so we will hit anything we want one last time. We have to pack because our flight is EARLY on Saturday morning.

We'll fly out early, get back to the house, stay over, then drive back home on Sunday in time for the Superbowl.

Here's the food that we will probably hit:
Red Wagon
Taste Pilot Grill
The Plaza
Tortilla Jos
Cafe Orleans
Naples
Jazz Kitchen Express
Ariels - WOC dinner
Goofy's Brunch
Napolini
Blue Bayou
Maybe Fire and Ice at the Garden Walk

Our layovers are only about 45 minutes so it'll be depart, grab a piece of pizza, get on the plane type of thing. Nothing fancy at the airports.

I happily can say that there are no budget issues this time. I'm not down anything. Not that I have a surplus--but we won't have to skimp. I did cancel my Mandara Spa because I read bad reviews of the GC location, and I canceled Minnie's Breakfast because $65 for breakfast even with a discount is a bit much considering DH doesn't really eat breakfast. At least at Goofy's brunch they have other things so we're having it more as a lunch. Funny how you feel differently about things when you don't have a dining plan :rolleyes:

If I can make it until 5pm without bursting from excitement--it'll be a miracle. I need to make a packing list. DH wants to go carry on only--and welllllll I dunno if I can do it. I'm going to try to be a minimalist--but it's hard :( I also need to try and kiss and make up with my contacts. I'll never like those things--but they are rather convenient when riding rides.

I can't wait to report everything!! I'm off to make my list!! Happy Friday Everyone :wave:

Deena - Your plans sound wonderful ! I wish DL was not so far away, I really want to go back there but I absolutely hate the long flight.
Happy Friday back at ya :banana:

Ummm, I leave tomorrow. Not packed, not ready, procrastinating as usual.

I look forward to your report!!! And pics!!! I can see HRH and I jumping a flight to DL :hug: Safe travels my friend!:wizard:

Deena--Hope you are having a wonderful time on your honeymoon! I'm so glad that some of the financial pressure is off and that you'll be less stressed for this trip; hopefully you will have a wonderful time!!

Can't wait to hear all about it and to see your honeymoon pictures!! popcorn::

Have fun!
Brooke

Hi Deena! I found your PJ/TR waaaaaay back at the beginning of January and I have been spending every spare moment of my life reading about your ups and downs of your DFTW! It was so suspenseful reading page after page, because I could tell by your picture that you obviously got married prior to November 2012, and also, as you posted dresses that you liked, I was like nope, not gonna end up being the one! You do such a good job of expressing your emotions in words that I feel like I have been there with you through it all! I am so glad that you and your DH are living Happily Ever After! If you keep writing, I'll keep reading!!!!

PS- I'm from Richmond, IN which is not far from Cincy, a lot of my friends have bought their dresses on Bridal Row! (I now live in Texas, though) AND I'm happy to say that DF and I penciled in December 9, 2012 with DFTW!!! WP and Whitehall Room!! Let the planning begin!!!

--Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter