• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for resort suggestions

AKL and BC are awesome and the pools are amazing! They have great games for the kids during the day and movies at night. The atmosphere at AK is so cool. At BC you can walk to Epcot and HS. Look into renting DVC points - we have done it 4 times and always get great pricing. This September we will be at the Boardwalk for 4 nights for around $750 (I think a bit less). You would have a small kitchenette that is nice with kids.
I have never rented vacation club points, but I have looked into it. Is it easy to do? How far in advance would you suggest renting the points? Do you use Dave's Vacation Rentals to rent your points? $750ish for 4 nights is a great price!!!

Do you get mousekeeping services in the vacation club rooms? For some reason I remember reading somewhere that they only service the rooms every couple of days. Is that true?

Poly! My two oldest kids loved AKL, until we stayed at Poly last week. We all fell in love and they loved the slide. It's through a volcano and, actually, pretty intense for a hotel pool slide (too scary for my 5 year old). The big bonus is being able to see the MK fireworks from the pool area.

I agree! We love AKL, but the Poly pool is our favorite over all of the ones we've tried (even SAB@BC/YC). As stated above, it's great being able to see the castle/fireworks from the pool :wizard:.

Beach Club and Yacht Club seem to be a common suggestion. We have looked at the pool complex there after dining at the BWI. It looks amazing. Good to hear that they actually scan magic bands. I could see where people would try to crash that pool complex!!
Yes, from what I've read pool crashing used to be a big problem there before they assigned a CM to scan magic bands at the entrance. We've stayed there twice in July over the past two years, a CM was always there to scan and it was never overcrowded.

By contrast, the Poly pool, which only had a gate when we were there in July 2015, was quite crowded. I think it's likely that there were crashers there (so easy to crash, given that it's right on the monorail line, has an eye-catching feature pool, and the Poly's public areas always contain lots of day guests going to restaurants, the Luau and to watch fireworks from its beach...)

Do you get mousekeeping services in the vacation club rooms? For some reason I remember reading somewhere that they only service the rooms every couple of days. Is that true?
If you are a DVC member or renting a DVC member's points to stay there, you will only get mousekeeping service every 4 days or so. If you rent the vacation club rooms directly from Disney, you will get daily mousekeeping service.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort? CBR is one of the only resorts I haven't been to in the moderate or deluxe category. We have either eaten at or walked through the other moderate and deluxe resorts that we haven't stayed at. Just wondering what thoughts were on that resort?

Has anyone ever stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort? CBR is one of the only resorts I haven't been to in the moderate or deluxe category. We have either eaten at or walked through the other moderate and deluxe resorts that we haven't stayed at. Just wondering what thoughts were on that resort?
CBR is under very heavy construction right now with limited food service. They are tearing down some buildings to put DVC units up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter