Locations and Roll-Out Dates Announced for Mobile Order at the Disneyland Resort

Anyone know if this is working yet? I can see where they are listed as having mobile ordering on the app but can’t figure out how to order. Do you have to scan your ticket for the day for that to show up?

Anyone know if this is working yet? I can see where they are listed as having mobile ordering on the app but can’t figure out how to order. Do you have to scan your ticket for the day for that to show up?

I imagine an app update would be needed, and my app hasn't updated yet. It is not showing mobile order as an option yet, unless you have to be in the park before it shows up? The WDW app lets me choose mobile ordering as an option when I launch it from home, so I'm guessing it's not ready yet. Galactic Grill doesn't show me mobile order as an option yet, either.

We are here now and none of the places that were supposed to have rolled out on the 15th and 17th are up and running. The CM at Bengal BBQ said we’d see it on the app when it was available but couldn’t tell me when it would be up and running.

We are here now and none of the places that were supposed to have rolled out on the 15th and 17th are up and running. The CM at Bengal BBQ said we’d see it on the app when it was available but couldn’t tell me when it would be up and running.
Thanks for the report! I'm hoping it will be up next weekend for Memorial Weekend!

I believe in WDW they have geolocation on the app, meaning you can’t tell them to prepare your food until you’re actually at the restaurant.

I don't know if it actually does. I have location services disabled on my phone always. When I have used it at WDW, I have been decently far, but within the park, when I hit "I'm here", unless the range is wide and they aren't using the built-in iOS location services. At Animal Kingdom, I hit "I'm here" for Satuli Canteen in Pandora while I was at Festival of the Lion King. That's a decent distance. I had heard that dole whip mobile ordering was slow, so I tried to start it on the other side of Magic Kingdom. Didn't help there though, since you had to get in a long line for mobile ordering and tell them your order at the counter:sad2:

At WDW the worst was using mobile order for dole whips. They don't make it until you are at the counter (because it could melt) and the mobile order line was 3 times as long as the regular line, with one attendant! Total fail. But it was awesome everywhere else!

Sad you experienced that, I had a dole whip for breakfast because we were just "there" and the line was 3 switchbacks and I was hungry.....got it in 2 min!

When I open it in the app it's only available to passholders now, available to everyone soon.

I hope this works well. I'm looking forward to never waiting in Pacific Wharf Cafe line again. We will also probably be more inclined to try new things now. For example, I can't have 95% of the menu at Bengal BBQ, and it's too long of a line to wait through to only order one item. This might make it feasible to have a snack there from time to time.

Mobile Ordering Service Coming to 15 Locations at Disneyland Resort

As we previously shared, the new mobile ordering service will be available soon to Disneyland Resort guests via the Disneyland App.

This convenient, new feature will be available at six Disneyland park locations – Bengal Barbecue, Galactic Grill, Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor, Hungry Bear Restaurant, Jolly Holiday Bakery Café and Red Rose Taverne – and nine Disney California Adventure park locations – Award Wieners, Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream, Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill, Corn Dog Castle, Flo’s V8 Café, Lucky Fortune Cookery, Pacific Wharf Café, Paradise Garden Grill and Smokejumpers Grill. Order customization will be available directly on the app, including allergy-friendly offerings at select locations.

To use this service, guests can easily download the Disneyland App (or install the latest app update) and follow the prompts to register for an account. Take a look at the video below for more on how the mobile ordering feature works!

This new service is just one more way we’re enhancing the guest experience. Mobile ordering and the recent launch of Disney MaxPass provide convenient options that maximize each visit to the Disneyland Resort with family and friends.

Source

Can you review the menus on the app before you go to the parks? Would be nice if you could "favorite" items to make them easier to order when you are in the park.

Can you review the menus on the app before you go to the parks? Would be nice if you could "favorite" items to make them easier to order when you are in the park.
Yes! Go to the app, and hit “ order food”, then click the restaurant, and it says “view menu”

Yes. The menus are fully available and I can without being in the parks look through the ordering on mobile ordering now to review the options and what customizable features are available since I’m an AP holder.

Used mobile order today at smokejumpers around 12pm. My food was in my hands about 3 minutes after I clicked the I’m here prepare my food. The registers were about 4/5 parties deep when I went in.

Question. Once the food is ready, how do you know? Do you get a notification on the app or do you just have to hang out by the pickup area and wait for them to call your name?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter