Locations and Roll-Out Dates Announced for Mobile Order at the Disneyland Resort

dina444444

DIS Veteran
Mobile ordering debuted at Walt Disney World last May with the grand opening of Pandora: The World of AVATAR, and has since expanded all across the resort very successfully. Now, mobile ordering is coming to the Disneyland Resort via the Disneyland App. In the same way as Walt Disney World, guests will be able to find a participating location via the mobile app, make food selections, pay through the app, and pick it up at the location. Annual Passholders will be able to apply their discount to meal purchases using the app.

Here are the rollout dates for various locations in both parks when they will begin offering the new service:

• May 15th: Hungry Bear Restaurant, Award Weiners
  • May 17th: Paradise Garden Grill, Corndog Castle, Bengal Barbecue
  • May 22nd: Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe, Smokejumpers Grill, Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor, Clarabelle’s Hand Scooped Ice Cream
  • May 24th: Red Rose Taverne, Flo’s V8 Cafe
Additional locations will be announced and added in the future.

Source

Oh darn. Going to miss Bengal by a few days! Was really hoping to give this a try.

Oh well. I'll eagerly follow the experiences others have so I'm prepared next trip.

Cool! I wonder if you will be able to make allergy requests through the app, just like a gluten free bun or something.
I’m going to say no since with the WDW version allergies have to be dealt with at the counter with a cast member. The only modification options you have on the wdw side are like at d-luxe burger you can choose if your burger has all toppings on it or at sautuli if you want the slaw on the bowl. But like at pecos bill I can’t say all rice no beans on an order through the app I have to order with a cast member.

Last edited:
I’m going to say no since with the WDW version allergies have to be dealt with at the rose counter with a cast member. The only modification options you have on the wdw side are like at d-luxe burger you can choose if your burger has all toppings on it or at sautuli if you want the slaw on the bowl. But like at pecos bill I can’t say all rice no beans on an order through the app I have to order with a cast member.

I didn't even know this was a thing at WDW yet. Good to know!

Yay!!!! Now if they could just figure out how to give you your AP discount at the counter without having to dig out the actual card, all of my DL dreams will have come true! Lol :woohoo:

This is great. Sure will be the future where you won't even talk to someone to order. Couple of years down the road they won't need anyone to take your order. Probably saving them millions.
Any DVC members use it and apply thier discount?

This is great. Sure will be the future where you won't even talk to someone to order. Couple of years down the road they won't need anyone to take your order. Probably saving them millions.
Any DVC members use it and apply thier discount?
Unknown at this time if dvc discounts will be available in the app. It doesn’t launch until May 15 so at that time we should have a better answer.

One of the best idea's they've had in a long time!
I wonder if they will have a separate pick-up line for electronic orders. Think of how fast that line could move!!

Now that I see the list I can imagine that this will be quite tempting to use for particular restaurants. There always seems to be a long line at places like Bengal BBQ or Corndog Castle. Instead of sighing and walking by, we might actually order via the app, do something fun in the interim and come back to pick up when order is ready. We love the skewers at Paradise Pier Garden Grill but there is almost always no waiting so not likely to use app much there. Oh just thought of another good use scenario. On the way out of the parks at night, we often stop at Jolly Holiday to get milk and juice and pastries to put in the hotel fridge overnight for early breakfast the next morning. We could use the app for that as Jolly H can have a long line at 11:00pm. I am surely going to give this a whirl when we visit in July.

Now that I see the list I can imagine that this will be quite tempting to use for particular restaurants. There always seems to be a long line at places like Bengal BBQ or Corndog Castle. Instead of sighing and walking by, we might actually order via the app, do something fun in the interim and come back to pick up when order is ready. We love the skewers at Paradise Pier Garden Grill but there is almost always no waiting so not likely to use app much there. Oh just thought of another good use scenario. On the way out of the parks at night, we often stop at Jolly Holiday to get milk and juice and pastries to put in the hotel fridge overnight for early breakfast the next morning. We could use the app for that as Jolly H can have a long line at 11:00pm. I am surely going to give this a whirl when we visit in July.
Typically at wdw with mobile order your food is ready in just a few minutes after you click the I’m here button so I don’t recommend ordering and walking away.

Last edited:
But at WDW you can put “pick up later” and choose a pick up time if you don’t want it made right away.

But at WDW you can put “pick up later” and choose a pick up time if you don’t want it made right away.
You don’t pick the time when you order. You can order at anytime but when you click the prepare my food option it’s usually ready in under 5 minutes.

Or at least I’ve never seen a pickup time option when I’ve used it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter