Location/Availability of 2Bed Dedicated v Lock-off

I understand the layout differences between dedicated and lockoffs, but I’m hoping an Aulani expert can clue me in on which category is more likely to end up in the Ewa Tower island view (if there’s a difference at all). I’ve studied the resort room map but I don’t know if all adjacent 1bed+studios can potentially become lock offs or if only certain rooms have the ability to convert?

The second real bed v couch isn’t really my problem, so I’m more focused on where I’m more likely to get a good view (if one option has an advantage over the others). Also, is one more likely than the other to be easier to get (around NYE if it matters) within 7mo? I would imagine dedicated 2B usually go first…but maybe not if studios sell out fastest?

One somewhat related question: how likely is it that we could book a lockoff for 5 nights and then only keep the studio or 1bed for an additional night before/after? I’m assuming it’s “a request that cannot be guaranteed”?

I put a map in the Aulani views threads with room numbers (all the rooms 1xx, 2xx, 3xx stack above each other, so the map has just xx).
I believe all the 1BRs are paired with an adjoining studio and can combine to a 2BR lockoff. There are no dedicated studios nor 1BRs.

Here's an attempt at annotating the room locations on the building, based on the charts in post #1 and various unit photos. If there are errors, let me know. Glad to contribute to top of thread if desired (contact me for higher resolution image).
Aulani%252520Wayfinder.png

I put a map in the Aulani views threads with room numbers (all the rooms 1xx, 2xx, 3xx stack above each other, so the map has just xx).
I believe all the 1BRs are paired with an adjoining studio and can combine to a 2BR lockoff. There are no dedicated studios nor 1BRs.
Thank you— that is the information I was looking for! It looks like the ratio of lockoffs to 2 bed is pretty close to 1:1, but obviously there will functionally be fewer lockoffs because some people will book 1bed or studios…which makes me think it might be easier to WL a 2Bed dedicated than a lockoff (the exact opposite of my original intuition).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter