~~~ Local Weather Updates Please ~~~

Today it was a mix of clouds and sun. Rain is expected to enter the area before the weekend.

Sherri....

If you don't mind my asking, how does one end up all the way in Montana from Ca?
Are there better jobs out there? In which case, can I rent a room from you. :)

Well here is the story...

We were living in Redlands Ca. Renting a home valued at 3/4 of a million dollars in a nice quiet friendly neighborhood. We both had good jobs I worked for a chiropracter doing books and Brant drove a big rig. Colton was a baby. We were happy there.

One day I was puttering in my rose garden while Colton was taking a nap. I heard a car backfire but thought nothing of it. Turns out it wasn't a backfire it was a gunshot. 2 rival gangs from San Bernadino had driven into our neighborhood shooting at each other. A stray bullet went through the wall of a home and hit a 2 year old girl napping in her bed and killed her.

Our world was absolutely shattered...how was I going to raise a little boy where it was not only unsafe for him to play in his backyard but wasn't safe sleeping in his own bed. I was afraid to drop him at the sitters in the morning, I was afraid to be in my yard...My roses all died of neglect.

My mother went to visit an old friend here in Malta, she came back glowing about the trip and said she would move there to retire if it didn't mean leaving us kids...Brant & I took our vacation to Malta and also fell in love. Mom & my family moved a few months later when her house sold. My brother joined us 2 years later and is now married to a local girl and has 2 kids, my sister arrived with her family last year.

This town is what I imagine America was once upon a time...this town is full of an assortment of kooks & characters that have become our family. Everyone and I mean everyone turns out for local events, If our football team is playing the stores close..everyone is at the game. I wouldn't trade this place or these people that welcomed us with open arms for anything. They all every one have a hand in the fact that Colton is who he is.

Are the jobs better? NO I make less than a third of what I made in California, but I simply don't need that kind of money here. We paid off our home last year it is ours we own it. With homes in CA as pricey as they are this would never have happened for us there. I have my horses, goats & chickens (nothing like fresh eggs in the morning) We have our boat and camp and fish and play all summer. There are only 14 kids in Colton's class at school vs 30+ in classes in Cali. This is what I wanted when I thought about how my son should grow up. I so regret that I didn't do it sooner when our 4 others were young I feel they were robbed of a great way of life.

Do I miss Cali? Yes esp in the middle of a winter like this one. I miss the beach, I miss my friends, I miss the family still there. But I am safe in my bed and so is my son. All is right with the world.

The weather today is like a spring day. Slightly warm, with a nice cool breeze. Rain is expected tomorrow,and a cold one at that.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I appreciate it. I can understand your being interested in moving. And it sounds like where you live now, is very nice, safe and peaceful too.

It has been raining on and off throughout the entire day. I like the rain, and the earth needs it too. I prefer not to drive in it though, especially in heavy downpours at night.

This morning about 12 or 13. The frost on the windshield looked thin but was not. The sun came out and I think it was around freezing, but late afternoon a slight haze came in and it cooled back down. First day it didn't snow all week. But the snowy trend is going to start again any minute.

This morning about 12 or 13. The frost on the windshield looked thin but was not. The sun came out and I think it was around freezing, but late afternoon a slight haze came in and it cooled back down. First day it didn't snow all week. But the snowy trend is going to start again any minute.

It was 42 degrees today and the low was 20...Matt keep your snow down there! We only had a dusting of snow on Monday, but We have rain/snow mix forecast for tomorrow.

Rain and snow sounds very messy, and scary if you are driving or even just walking down the sidewalk I would imagine. :faint:

Rain and snow sounds very messy, and scary if you are driving or even just walking down the sidewalk I would imagine. :faint:

Walking on snow is like walking on the beach, just colder. But depending on the temperature it is like walking on the wet sand licked by waves. Or like the sand which the water has just percolated out of and feels almost hard. Or the dry sand that takes extra effort to stroll through.

Of course if it's icy well there is nothing like that to compare to unless you've walked on an ice rink, from fresh after the zamboni passed over to where is that guy, the ice is getting slow?

It is pouring rain, no cats or dogs yet. Although I did hear a dog bark not long ago.
And then all of a sudden.............. ;)

And it is still raining. And you guessed it, is suppose to do so tomorrow as well.

I'm in Sonoma County too and boy is it very windy right now! So far the power is still on. I haven't seen it this windy in a long time. I'm just sitting here hoping none of the trees fall over.

I'm in Sonoma County too and boy is it very windy right now! So far the power is still on. I haven't seen it this windy in a long time. I'm just sitting here hoping none of the trees fall over.

Got real windy for me too, just for an hour. Then clamed back down. But snowed most of the day.

Me too, Pink Budgie. If I am recalling correctly, you live in RP? I am currently here as well. I normally live in Pet. Anyway.... boy howdy is it windy. I checked outside to make sure that my car did not blow away. ;) After all, it is a compact. ;) I am so glad that I am not outside right now. A friend of mine picked today (Sunday) to go somewhere. Great timing, oh brother, of all of the nice days, it ends up being during hellacious weather. It is raining too. A storm had been sitting off of our coast. It is no longer doing that, for it has arrived, and how.

Yep, RP. Got up and no wind. Everything is still standing including the fence which is a surprise because it is proped up with boards. And the power never went out. :)

Cloudy here this morning. Had a little bit of rain yesterday and it's supposed to start again sometime today into tomorrow.

Me too, Pink Budgie. If I am recalling correctly, you live in RP? I am currently here as well. I normally live in Pet. Anyway.... boy howdy is it windy. I checked outside to make sure that my car did not blow away. ;) After all, it is a compact. ;) I am so glad that I am not outside right now. A friend of mine picked today (Sunday) to go somewhere. Great timing, oh brother, of all of the nice days, it ends up being during hellacious weather. It is raining too. A storm had been sitting off of our coast. It is no longer doing that, for it has arrived, and how.

I heard there was a tornado in SR! So I guess that's why it was so windy. I guess it blew the roof of a landscaping business somewhere not too far from downtown.

Yep, RP. Got up and no wind. Everything is still standing including the fence which is a surprise because it is proped up with boards. And the power never went out. :)

Glad your fence is still standing and that you still have power. :)

37 degrees and calm here in Big Sky Country the forecast ice/snow mix has not materialized. Not yet anyway.

Here's what it looks like here today
035.jpg

37 degrees and calm here in Big Sky Country the forecast ice/snow mix has not materialized. Not yet anyway.

Here's what it looks like here today
035.jpg

The place you live sounds amazing. We talk sometimes about moving when the boys graduate. But I really can't go anywhere that cold. My hands and feet get numb when it is below 60. We would like to go somewhere cheaper though. But the tricky thing is DH will loose all the years he built up in his school district so we feel kind of stuck here for now.

I did hear about the tornado. They happen around here everyonce in a while. The sun is even out now. :) Currently I'm praying for no rain on Tues when the boys take their drivers test!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter