LGMH protocol greeting

Just outta curiosity... is this a WDW thing or do DL DIS'ers run with the LGMH thing too? I think it is too cute, I am so going to Home Depot tomorrow!

I wore my LGMH earrings for a week, and nobody noticed. I had made iron-on LGMH for my travel vest, and nobody greeted me. I gave up.
This year, it'll be my DIS Unplugged T-shirt. Ya better say hi.

Just got back from 10 days in WDW with LGMH on my backback. Several poeple said hey, but as it gets later in the evening and I get more tired, I am not as energetic.

In striking up conversations with people at random that were newbies, or lost, or just had questions... I would tell them look for the LGMH. If you have questions they will know the answer... which would always lead to what it means, and I would tell them that LGMH was a secret online cult of people obsessed with Disney. This got some weird looks, but when I was having conversations with Dis'ers in line and poeple would over hear us going into great detail of facts and trivia, etc. we would draw more and more questions, and darned if someone in the cult doesn't always know the answer.

I saw 2 DISer's in August. A woman approached me as though she knew me on a bus at Beach Club. I had my lime green backpack on my lap with my LGMH laminated and attached to the handle. I was confused at first and trying to place her when my DS12 elbowed my and pointed to her LGMH. Then I realized it was a fellow DISer. We told each other our screen names (Hi Baby Darlin'!) and she got off the bus. I was so excited to finally see someone. Then when my family was on TOT, a man 2 seats in front of my son had one attached to his Goofy hat. I didn't want to shout out during the ride but when the ride was over, he got off so quickly that I never did catch up to him to say hi.

I would tell them that LGMH was a secret online cult of people obsessed with Disney.

That reminds me of how I describe MouseFest to the uninitiated: "MouseFest is a yearly gathering of Disney World fans and nut-jobs like myself. It's kind of like a combination of family reunion and trade show."

I didn't want to shout out during the ride but when the ride was over, he got off so quickly that I never did catch up to him to say hi.

DISers move fast! Too much to see! We have FastPasses coming up! Gotta make it to the restaurant in time for our ADR! It's 1:30 - time to stake out our place for the 3-o'clock parade!

I wanna find a lime green tshirt to wear and put a black mickey head with my screenname on it. LOL.

My poor little LGMH got lost on my bookbag in March. LOL.

I went over the top - if I'm not seen - then I'm not trying hard enough! Scan in LGMH, put in DIS name - reverse image - print on iron on - do just that - and add stuff!
BeadyLadysignforbag.jpg

:scared:

WOW!!!
I can't wait for our up and coming trip!!!
We did not see any Disser's on our last trip so maybe this trip.
:goodvibes

Finally after ALL these years I met my first DISER (back in August).....AND SHE DIS'd me!!!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I didn't unstick my LGMH from the backing. I just used a glue stick, coated the backs of the LGMH from Home Depot and stuck them together. I used a hole punch through the corner of them both and attached them to my lanyard & my purse with a gem clip. I got noticed several times over my week there. The most fun was a woman sitting at the next table in Crystal Palace. She said, "Excuse, will you know what I'm doing if I do this?" She did the "focker watcher thing" pointing two fingers at her eyes & then me. I almost choked, but laughed & said, "Yeah, you're a DISser?" She told me her name & hers daughters but I can't really remember. I think one of them was NancySomething & they were celebrating the daughters birthday. Then several people spoke to me waiting in bus lines. Another person would over hear us, comment "You guys DIS?" and then jump in, having noticed the LGMH by then. It was really fun.

To the poster who's whole family wore lime green. I saw a couple of different families in LG. I actually tended to think that they were just families dressing alike, since I assumed the children weren't hanging out on the DIS board with Mom & Dad.

Hi! At Epcot this week I saw my first LGMH on someone else while exiting Le Cellier! I was so excited to see one! :cool1: So I complimented him on his LGMH and said that this was the one day I left mine back in the room. And all he said was "Thanks" and walked away. I was a little disappointed there wasn't a little more conversation after how difficult it is to find other DIS'ers. But at least I found one even if he was Grumpy!

I am sorry you got a bad reception... I am always excited everytime I see a LMGH but I think I am :guilty: of bad behaviour this past trip... I really hope I did not give her that (I think she said her name was TZUHOUSE) impression... We were at the monorail... and I was going through migrane... tightness in the chest and tingling sensation in my arm.... and no it was not heart attack since I lasted 5 hours without croaking.. realized it was heartburn with dehydration :faint:... so anyways... she noticed my LMGH and asked me... "did you make that or had gotten it at HOme Depot... I was really excited but with the pain I might have came out aloof... MY APOLOGIES IF YOU COME ACROSS THIS POST<echo>.... we did chit chat and had exchange diser nick and got off the monorail... usually I pull out the camera and strike a pose but that time I was really out of my norm... so I am sorry for your experience and TZUHOUSE experience with me...:guilty:

I am sorry you got a bad reception... I am always excited everytime I see a LMGH but I think I am :guilty: of bad behaviour this past trip... I really hope I did not give her that (I think she said her name was TZUHOUSE) impression... We were at the monorail... and I was going through migrane... tightness in the chest and tingling sensation in my arm.... and no it was not heart attack since I lasted 5 hours without croaking.. realized it was heartburn with dehydration :faint:... so anyways... she noticed my LMGH and asked me... "did you make that or had gotten it at HOme Depot... I was really excited but with the pain I might have came out aloof... MY APOLOGIES IF YOU COME ACROSS THIS POST<echo>.... we did chit chat and had exchange diser nick and got off the monorail... usually I pull out the camera and strike a pose but that time I was really out of my norm... so I am sorry for your experience and TZUHOUSE experience with me...:guilty:

Yeay!!! I found her!!! And thank God she is not mad at me :dance3:

i would totally recommend the laminating them part.

i didn't when DBF and I went down last week. it rained. they disinegrated. and eventually fell off the backpack i had them on :(

next time i will super laminate them. haha! then i will have a better reason to stick them everywhere and DBF can be further embarassed when its his turn to carry the backpack!! :rotfl: :banana:

Okay, I feel pretty stupid...but I'll ask anyway...what does LGMH stand for?

Okay, I feel pretty stupid...but I'll ask anyway...what does LGMH stand for?

Lime Green Mickey Head. It's a paint sample from the Disney line of house paints, available at Home Depot. The paint sample cards are in teh shape of Mickey Heads, and the Alien Green color is the official color of the DIS. Hence, wearing a LGMH identifies you as a DISer.

She did the "focker watcher thing" pointing two fingers at her eyes & then me.

Okay, I have to ask...What's the focker watcher thing???:confused3 If a Diser did this to me I'd look like I've never been on the board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter