Let's Get to know each other.....

I go by, Jen, Jenny or Jenifer and live in beautiful Lexington, Kentucky.

Get a load of this gang..........

I quit school in the eighth grade & was married at 14 (boy next door got me in trouble), gave birth to my only child (Jessica) at 15, was divorced at 19, never remarried, got my GED (without GED classes & no high school) went on to college & got associate accounting degree. I never drew the first welfare check or foodstamps. (Back then, folks had too much pride for such.) I always either worked two jobs or worked and went to school. I became grandmother to beautiful granddaughter (Autumn Skye) when I was 36. I worked in restaurant management for years until I got sick of the hours, then office management for construction companies, now I work in the finance department for local Girl Scout Council. I'll be 43 Thursday, & feel like I've done d#$n near everything there is to do.

Other than the DIS I'm a wanna be novelist!

Now, lets see someone top that!

Hi everyone,

I haven't been a member here too long, but love to linger around these boards.

I have been married to my wonderful DH for 8 years, I have a 10 year old DD that I get my handle from. She is a Figure Skater and she skates Syncronized Skating as well as Free Style. All of our time and energy is wrapped in her skating. We love to watch her skate and follow her around the country on her many travels, but even we need a break from all this.

All 3 of us have been Disney Nuts since day 1. My DD has been raised from infancy to love all things Disney. We have every movie ever made by the Mouse and we watch them all the time. We are even starting to buy the DVD's so the movies can stay permently in the van and the DVD's will be for the house.

I made about 150.00 from various rewards programs since Feb. and I was very happy about that. I have enjoyed reading everyones posts. When my grandmother died in October I needed a place to escape from my grief. This is were I found!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you enough how much coming to these boards and reading about vacations, tips, resorts, rewards and budget ideas has helped me cope with her loss.

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!

Sarah (The mom behind the skater)

Hello, I knew that I liked you guys, but now I know why. We have so much in common.

Coll0610, we are virtually neighbors! I live in Normal, IL. We moved here from Columbus, IN 2 1/2 years ago.

I have twins like so many of you do. My twins are a boy & girl who are now 7 years old. I also have an older daughter (12) and another son (10).

My oldest daughter figure skates. And I can relate to Syncsk8mom's life. Our life does revolve a lot around skating and competitions.

I've been married for 19 years to DH, Kris. We went to DW for our honeymoon and didn't return until 11 years later. Now, we're hooked. Sadly, the best we can do is a trip every two years.

I don't work outside the home - yet. I'm hoping to find a part-time job this fall after the kids go back to school. This job will mean I will definitely get to go to DW next year!!!!

People also make fun of me about loving Disney and doing the rewards thing. But I've earned a lot of WC thru the rewards. I also earned new luggage, 3 skooters (Christmas presents), and dining certificates. I've been faithfully doing Milesource, Mypoints, Blink, SearchCactus, and Netflip. I miss Freeride - that is how I earned most of my rewards.

Thank all of you for all your help and guidance. I truly appreciate this board. I think it is the best.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed that many people who have been reading this board have recently decided to start posting.

I've been encouraged by their kind remarks about what a nice community we have here on the rewards board. I'm hoping that by reading this post they'll get to know us all a little better and will continue to keep posting now that they have come out of "lurker mode." LOL

Hi All! What a wonderful way to get to know everyone! I am Kim. My dh and I have been married for 15 1/5 years, and live in North East, PA (by Erie). We are surrounded by 3 ds: Brady, 15, Matt 12, Chad 10, and one dd: Kaelin 8 :pinkbounc Dh is a dentist, and I work at the office doing bookkeeping just to stay sane (at least maintain a sane bone) the children are all on traveling soccer teams, so we are always on the run. And Dd just start Gymnastics...atleast she will have a reason for swing from the chandalier...

We are also the proud parents of 3 Chocolate Labs: Chaka, Bailey and Chance. And one cat: Irish

I found these boards last December while researching our DIS trip in April. Everyone was such a great help, although all I did is lurk and learn...and ask DUMB questions...you all made our trip so much better!

As for rewards...If I list them they will close...lol. No, really I started out with Beenz and My Points. I now am doing MS, CR, NetFlip, SC, FreeRide, Sportsline, Blink, Memolink, RewardsTV,
...hold on checking my favorites...E-Poll, plucking away at Bit Cards, Giant Rewards (ating for reservations to credit before cashing out, Iwon, It PayTo Learn, TreasureSurfing...
and LOTS of survey sites! And always looking for that great deal or freebie!

Now if I posted all the sites that I have joined and been this {} close to cashing out that have closed....I would be typing all day! The one that really got me was Deltaclick they owed me over $100. Oh well, it is great while it lasts.

I had to laugh about the comment made in an earlier post... I wish I had a cot in here! I am up at 6 and to bed at 1, and in between the work and Mom stuff...squeezing in time for all of these! But I absolutely LOVE going to the mail box! Half the time the kids beat me there, as they know that there is almost always some type of freebie...

I really have to tell you how great this is to be able to meet everyone...I am on alot of other boards and try to keep up on posts if I find a good one...I promise to share with you all too!!!

Hi everybody!
My name is Melissa
Screen name comes from my cat Macie and our last name begins with a C hence maciec
I live with my husband Brian in Bishopville, Maryland. We both work in Ocean City which is a resort town. We have a beautiful 1yoa daughter Caroline Elizabeth.

We are going to Disney 12/2-12/9 and staying off-site for the first time EVER at Vistana Resort. I hope that it is worth the money we are saving. We are going with my parents. This will be their first time ever to Disney. Would you believe all that they want to do is golf???? They said that maybe a few days they would park hop with us.

Currently I participate in Milesource and RTV. Just started back up with Milesource since I found this board (don't remember how) and just started RTV .. never knew it existed.

I love all of these boards! Everyone who is planning to go to Disney should definitely check it out. I can't believe the information that I am continuing to learn each time I come here.

My name is Jennifer and have been married to my husband Bruce for 5 years. We have a wonderful little girl named Abbie who is 2 years old. We live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland in Salisbury. I took Bruce to Disneyworld for his first trip during the 25th Anniversary celebration and stayed at WL. We went back with Abbie for her 2nd birthday in May with my mother and father and sister also at WL. We are currently saving up for a December 2002 trip to stay at GF. I can't wait to see all the Christmas decorations. I started doing rewards before our trip last May and really saved alot. I went to Southeastern Academy in Kissimmee for travel school many years ago and fell in love with Disney. I worked for United Airlines and as a travel agent for awhile. I now work in our local hospital. We have four dogs and a cat and LOVE Disney!!!

Hi All, I am new to this board, just this week, usually go to mycoupons. My name is Lani, I live in St. Joseph, Michigan about 100 miles from Chicago, Il. Live about 15 minutes from Beautiful Lake Michigan, although I must admit don't go there often, (we have a built in pool in our backyard). I have been married for 23 years, have two beautiful young adult daughters 21 and 19.

Also have a dog she is a mutt-goldenretriever mutt, but she is the best.

I do in home daycare, I am licensed through the state, and can care for 6 children at any time.
I only have 2 right now that I take care of, taking a breadk after having a full house for the summer, dh keeps asking me when I am going to take on more, my reply, When you decide to stay home and help care for them. LOL

It was great reading the previous posts.

I forgot to say Hi to Melissa, the above poster. I guess we are neighbors. It's a small world.

Hi all, I haven't taken time to read this thread yet, but I will.....promise.

My name is Cindy, I am a full time married working mom of two kids 13mos apart and both still in diapers and one dog who was my first kid. I'm a busy momma :) We live in North Texas.

I spend my time online doing rewards programs, deal hunting, and chatting with other parents. My life really doesn't afford for much social time, so this, as sad as it may be is it.....my life LOL. I am a regular only at two other sites one of which is a parenting site and another is for shopping & couponing. I've become a serious couponer since realizing the bargains there are to be had :)

We are definately a Disney family, so besides this site having such a wonderful rewards board, it seems there are many boards I could benefit from here. Both my kids were Pooh for their first Halloween, and I'm hoping this year my daughter will be Snow White and my son will be Woody. If not we'll go for a princess and a football player LOL.

It's really great to meet you all, and I'm so relieved nobody is still angry with me for my first post. I actually lost sleep over it I felt so bad. :( BUT...I hope in time you all will realize I am a nice, level headed person who(hopefully) has a lot to contribute!

Hello everybody!

My name is Sheila and I'm a Disney addict. LOL. I'm a westcoaster out in Southern California and am a proud possessor of a Disneyland annual passport. I get to the Park about twice a month (and believe me I don't take it for granted). I've been to WDW four times and will be leaving for my fifth trip in a week and a half. Yay!

Been doing the rewards programs for about 9-10 months. It seems like I started doing the programs just as they all shut down one by one. I'm still sticking with blink and SearchCactus (Netflip is on probation with me, if you know what I mean). Gave up on Milesource and others after cashing out. So far I've been able to accumulate three GC's to Rainforest Cafe for my upcoming trip, a Footlocker GC for walking shoes, a Target GC for those little extras plus other little prizes and whatnot. Not much, but it helps! :)

I'm a forty-something who works in computer software design by day and am a musician at night. Hence, my screenname of "countrymile" which came from a Top 40 country music band I used to have.

I used to be very active on the Usenet boards alt.disney.disneyland and rec.arts.disney.parks but now pretty much post only here and on other Disney website message boards.

So glad to get a chance to introduce myself!

Sheila

I could of sworn that I posted to this thread a long time ago,, and wanted to add alittle more
about me,, but for the life of me I couldn't find my orginal post,, maybe it was another post??
because it's not here...I read each post about 4 times,,:confused:
anywho...my name's laurie and like most of us here have been at the reward programs
for quite awhile,, although I have slowed down to a snails pace on my clicking,, just having
a hard time getting back into the swing of things,, but i check the board everyday and add
my 2 cents now and then..I have lived in pa all my life,and by the way li debbie,, if you ever
go to see your son @ SUNY,, I'm inviting you over for coffee!!! I live half an hour from there
:D ,,on with my story,, Mike and I have been married 16 years ,,I never truely realized what
a wonderful man he was until 6 months ago,,I could of never made it though without him.
We have two boys and alittle girl,, 15, 14, 6, the boys are in high school and doing well so far
my oldest is so much like his father laid back and mild mannered and my second son is so much
like me sarcastic to the core,, I hope it doesn't get him into as much trouble as it did me,, My daughter
is the princess around here,,she just started school this year and Loves it alittle too much,,
she doesn't understand why she has to stay home on saturday and sunday and spent time
with us :) :)
and at any giving time we have bewteen 5 to
10 animals,, 3 dogs,2 cats,,fishs,,hamsters,, birds,,you name it, the kids have had it
:D,, we have been to disney twice and won't be going back until Nov 25, 2002,, the reward
programs really helped out so much the 2nd time around,,and hopefully i'll get back to my
old shelf and do it again...It's great to see so many replying to this post,, I love reading everyone's story,, Lol laurie

Hi, my name is Heather and I have been on this board since last month. I have learned so much from all of you - it's great to feel so welcomed! :)

I am currently an Accounting/Business Management student at U of A here in Tucson, AZ. I grew up in the Phoenix suburbs, and I would like to move back there soon. I have been married to my DH for almost three years, and it has been wonderful! We started dating when I was still in high school (he was in his first year of college), so we are almost high school sweethearts. The biggest (or smallest, depending on how you look at it :D ) thing in our lives right now is that we are expecting our first baby January 29th. I will graduate in December, so that was good timing - LOL! My DH is a Mechanical Engineering student and will graduate in May, so after that, we will probably move somewhere else, hopefully back to Phoenix where we're from.

I am the big Disney fanatic in our home - I cannot wait to visit WDW again. I have been twice with my family when I was younger, but I would love to experience it as an adult. Since my husband and I are both students, I am doing rewards to get us to WDW faster. I currently do Blink, Milesource, Searchcactus, MyPoints, and Memolink. I signed up with Epoll, but haven't heard from them yet.

This is a great thread - what a wonderful way to meet friends! :p

My name is Mary, I am a travel agent, thus my screenname "Travelgoddes".
I have been married to my DH for 10 yrs. We have no kids but we do have 1
very spoiled black Lab/Rott mix dog named Shadow. We are booked for our second
disney trip coming up October 20-27. It's our first time staying at the Contemporary.
We are going to MNSSHP on the 21st, and it's our first time attending the Food and Wine
festival.
I have lurked around on several other disney boards, but in my opinion, this is the best one.
I just began all this reward stuff in May. I am involed with Silverslicks,MyPoints,Milesource,
Suzykats,Allthingsrewarded,Memolink. I just received my first reward from Milesource, I turned
it into a 25 Rainforest Cafe GC. I just reached my first cashout points with Netflip and Searchcactus, Oh I almost forgot about Sklif, I just cashed out with them for a 25.00 super
certificate. This is all very time consuming for me. I ususally do my searches in the morning
before work, then I just squeeze the others in during work when I can find time.
We have been saving DD's all year, I can't believe we are down to 23 days, "WOOHOO"
It's very nice meeting you all!!

Well, I'm Dee, and I'm a newbie. Apparently I am the oldest here....I have a grandaughter who is as old as most of the members' children LOL! She's 13, I have raised her from birth, and she is my heart. It has been years since I went to Disney...my kids were teens the last time I was there, and it was Disneyland in Anaheim. Now I'm working on getting the grandaughter there, but it was a lot easier when I was working....I'm a medically retired R.N. and Social Security doesn't cover extras so I am doing rewards programs to fill the voids LOL! I found this board from a reference on another board, and geez, I'm glad I did! Our home now, after many years on the left coast, is southern Indiana. There's me, Mimi, my grandaughter, a Min Pin named Sassy, a hound named Ben, and four cats LOL! Good thing I have a big house!

Hi all. My name is Laurie and I'm fairly new to these boards. I just started posting recently. I've been married to my DH for almost 8 years and I am a SAHM to 2 DS, Nicolas who will be 5 next month and Zachary who will be 2 in Nov. Living 2.5 hours south of Disney has its advantages, but normally we do weekend trips. We have a seasonal pass which is great and we are going
Nov 9-11 to AKL again, this time savannah view. I just started doing reward programs in June but I really wish I would have known about them sooner as these really help with the expenses. I do Blink, milesource, mypoints, rewardtv and some of the survey sites. I love coming to these boards and hope I can help some of you with my little posts as much as you all have helped me get into the swing of things. It's great getting to know all of you.

Have a great day

Laurie

I guess after posting so much I'd better tell ya'll who I am :-). My name is Angela and I live in North Carolina with my DH of 13 years and my adorable Disney brainwashed children (with a mom like me Warner Bros didn't stand a chance) my DS who is 10 going on 40 and my DD, 3 1/2 who thinks she's a moviestar gymnist singer and dancer all in one :-). I've been a Disney fan as long as I can remember. I grew up in CA where we would go to Disneyland a lot. I remember the individual ticket booklets for the rides. Thankfully my hubby is very tollerant of my affection for Disneyworld and when the opportunity came, we became DVC members. I wish I would've known more about it sooner.

I was introduced to these boards by a penpal who was sending me links to places to get more Disneyland info ~ I had wanted to to to 3 Disneyparks in one year. I made two Disneyland Paris and WDW, but never made it out to CA ~ still trying to plan that one. I lurked for awhile under another name but never really got into the boards until a couple of months ago when time came to start thinking about Disneyworld again for this year. Then I found these rewards boards and I've been hooked :-). I thank all of you who have been so patient with my endless questions. It's been a lot of fun posting here and reading.

:wave:

Well this is my first post ever, on any sight, so here goes. (Hope I am doing this right) My name is Natalie, I am a twenty-year-old college senior at Ohio University. I have loved Disney since I can remember. I have got to go there four times, once with my grandparents, once with my parents and sister, and twice with my high school band (thank God for band trips)!! I am engaged to a wonderful man and can't wait until we have kids and can take them to Disney World!! (Although I have to add that the kids are to come at a much later point in time!) I think that I am going to go back to Disney with my high school band next time they go, only this time as a chaperon!
I have been doing rewards for about a year and a half and was led to this board by my best friend's mom. (HI, if your reading this!) I hope to get into the swing of things and become an active member of this board, although there willbe times that I won't be able to due to school. Oh and if any one could tell me how to set up a neat signature with a picture and everything I would greatly appreciate it!!

Hi - My name is Gilda and as my log in name implies, I love Disney. I work part-time doing secretarial and accounting. I have been married for 14 years and have a 12 year old son. They both love Disney. Hubby will be very glad to know about this board. He loves to check out what's going on at Disney and get different tips. We live in Maine.
I have been a member of this board for only a week. I like what I see so far. I came across this board through My Coupons - someone had posted the link to get the answers to Rewards TV.
Love doing rewards programs. I especially like to do those that offer Web Certificates. I use the Web Certificates to buy Disney Dollars. We went to Disney this past August. (Yes August LOL) We had earned $1,300 in Disney Dollars, 2 gift certificates of $25 each to eat at Planet Hollywood, and $50 gc to eat at Rainforest Cafe.
Most of that was earned through Freeride, Beenz, Funnymoney, and My Points. One of my favorite programs was Freeride. Both hubby and I did it. If I was busy doing something, my son would click on the BH. Right now I'm doing My Points, Milesource (saving for Christmas), Memolink (more Christmas), Funnymoney, Blink, Search Cactus. I had been doing Millers, CR and ATR until I got a virus at Millers this week. Will stay away from those for a bit.
This thread is a really good idea. It helps to meet people with the same interests. Looking forward to sharing hints and tips with all of you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter