Let's Get to know each other.....

Maleficent2

DIS Veteran
Hi my name is Jan but I liked to be called Mal here at the DIS.My family lives in the foothills of the beautiful Smoky Mountains in Chattanooga, Tennessee.I have been married to my DH for 17 years.He is a Brit and we met on his first day of vacation here in the states 17 years 4 months ago.Yes we were married 3 months after we first met.We have one DS who just turned 4 on July 6.I have been with the DIS since the beginning well almost the beginning started out on the Resorts board and the budget boards.But when Pete finally let us have a rewards board this became my home.

How about you?

Mal

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

As my screen name says, I'm Brenda, and I'm in the Air Force. I'm married to Doug (also in the Air Force), and we have 2 kids - Jessica, 7 and Michael, 5. I started rewards programs last October, doing only Beenz. I was able to get ALOT from them, but I didn't think I had time to do any others...WRONG!! Anyway, I always come here first thing in the morning, before I start work, and stop by throughout the day, as duty allows. We spent our honeymoon at WDW, staying at a Holiday Inn in Kissimmee, then spent a week at CBR when I was expecting Jessica. The whole family spent 10 days at DI in 1998, and Jessica and I went for a Mom/Daughter trip in Jan 99, staying at Shades of Green, thanks to my FL resident passes.
This doesn't include the 5-6/year trips I used to take when I lived in Florida.
We had lived in Montgomery, AL until last August, when we were transferred to Washington, DC. This transfer pretty much put the kibosh on our planned trip to WDW this year, but I'm hoping to make it next year. You folks here on the rewards board are helping tremendously in making this next trip possible, thanks to all the great tips I have gotten here. In fact, I have made more than $500.00 in WebCerts, and I'm about to make $50.00 more.

Sorry I have gone on for so long, but you guys really bring out the friendly in me!!

Brenda

Hi!
I'm Adele but I call myself Baileymouse because I have a cute little cat named Bailey. He has pointy ears and he's mouse gray, so that's where the nickname comes from. I live in Bayonne, NJ and I'm a librarian. I have been married for 16 years to DH and we have one son who is 15. I met DH when I was a senior in HS and he was a substitute teacher who had just graduated from NYU. Ironically, he just switched professions and has decided to become a teacher. He'll be teaching Spanish to elementary school children at a charter school in Jersey City. I joined the DIS because I was looking for more info. from other vacation club people. We joined with DM & DD. So that's it! I'm going to have to put together my vacation website with our favorite pictures. The rest our family consists of Bailey, two other cats named Fuzz Lightyear and Grayson, and a Scottie dog named Lucy.

:wave:

Hi. I'm Sherry. I live in Lorain, OH and have been married to my dh for 11 years. We have 4 boys: Jonathan 11 (on the 14th), Jordan 9, Jared 7, and Julian 5. We also have a little tiger gray kitty named Tinkerbell.
I've been doing rewards for about 2 years now, I think. I started w/ Beenz & MyPoints. Signed up early on w/ FreeRide, but unfortunately, didn't really get into it, until last summer.
I am really hoping the rewards will pick up so I can earn as much as I can before our July trip to the World. :D

Mal, thanks for re-starting this kind of thread. I really loved the last one that we did. Well, let's see. I live just west of Toronto in Ontario Canada. I've been married to my dh for 3 years now. I guess you could call me an absolute Disney NUT!! As a child, my family took annual camping trips to Disney so I got to stay at Fort Wilderness many times (at no cost since my parents paid for it!!). I think my first time going to WDW was at age 2. Thankfully, I married a man who was also a Disney fan (though not as much as me :p )!! Ironically enough, our families met in Disney when we were both 8 years old!! This story was told repeatedly at our wedding!! So we thought it was completely appropriate to go to WDW for our honeymoon!

I came to the DIS in early February of this year. I was really wanting to go to Disney in the fall this year but finances were really preventing the trip. Someone pointed me to this board and I've barely missed a day here since! I started with beenz, milesource & mypoints and am now only doing milesource, mypoints & searchcactus. I figure I've made about $200 since February and I'm fairly willing to continue with these programs until the bitter end!

Coming to this board has been a wonderful blessing too. I feel like I now have friends all across North America! Thanks for making me feel right at home from the very beginning! :)

I guess it is my turn...:D

My screen name is Beaniejumper, but everyone calls me Beanie!! LOL...my real name is Tricia, I am married to John, who is a DJ...we have one son, Andrew, who turns 4 on Wednesday and one daughter, Savannah, who will be 2 on Sept. 1st...I live in upper NH and we have one cat, Prince Ali...

I found the DIS in May of 2000 while I was searching for information on Disney...I became a chat host in October of that year and then a Moderator in November...I love the DIS and have found it incredibly friendly and time consuming! lol...I started with Freeride and Start Sampling...moved on to Mypoints, beenz and milesource...have lost a few along the way, but I have made more then enough in webcerts and GC's that I am happy! I still do mypoints, milesource and go collect, everyday!

I have met many friends through the DIS and I am thankful for each of them...everyone is very nice here and I feel like a big ole family sometimes!! LOL

:)

Well let's see, My name is Dana. I live in McMinnville TN, near the foot of the mountains west of Mal! I have a sweet 9 year old daughter, shelby.

I have been doing the programs for almost 2 years, with us all working exclusively for the trip since last august. I'm divorced, but have been with my current boy-friend (I hate that word, he's 40 years old, so he is not a boy LOL) for the past 7 years. I'm going to college to be a social worker, and will graduate in may with my AA, and then will start working while I am finishing up my BA part time.

My first 'rewards' board was at mycoupons. I still visit over there, and I do enjoy the family board, but all in all the board is just to moderated for my taste.. makes me feel like I am walking on eggshells. I found this board way back when Freeride would give us points for posting at we the shoppers message board. I had just started planning our trip (which I should add is going to be our first and it will be our daughter's 10th birthday gift). I posted on their disney board, and someone listed these boards.. I have been here every since. I lurked for a while and then jumped in head first:p

Well, my name is Joline, and I live in a town just East of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I currently have a DF that I have been dating for 5 years, and we are getting married next year ~ hopefully. He's getting cold feet right now. No, it won't be in WDW, but I would love it if it could be.

I started coming to these boards in January this year, and got hooked. I started doing the reward programs in March, and have accumulated a good stash. With the exchange, anything is great!! I currently do too many programs ~ it really intereferes with my schooling. I currently do milesource, mypoints, suzykats, primarewards, ATR, CR, MRS, funnymoney, ahmoola, liftagift, blink, treasuresurfing, and it pays to learn. I think that's it.

Anyways, I am a student in College, full time, and only work 2 shifts a week at the local Chili's restaurant in town. I will be studying forensic sciences in college, but right now am just completing the pre-requisits to get into the program ~ 4 years of pre-college courses!!

I have a beautiful long haired calico kitty (well, 4 year old cat) named Patches ~ I got her at a really hard time in my life, and she is so precious to me ~ is always there when I need her to be. No kids yet, want to wait for the schooling and job thing to be over with. DH just wants us to have no kids so we can spoil ourselves at Disneyworld once a year ~ he's so funny ~ he's starting to like Disney more than me ~ actually, he tends to like US better, but he still shares a passion for Disney with me. I am absolutely infatuated with Cinderella ~ if I die, and there is such thing as reincarnation, I want to be Cinderella. I have watched that movie about 100 times, and if you have ever seen the movie "Ever After", just imagine how many times I have seen that one.

Anyways, I am so happy to have met some of you. You are all very warm spirited and have always made me feel welcome, even with my stupid questions ~ and I ask a lot of those.

Have a great night everyone ~ time for bed!!!

Joline:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hello, My name is Nancy and I live right out side of Charleston South Carolina. I have been married to my dh 19 years and have two ds 14 and 11. I first found the dis in Oct. 2000 for info and did'nt even know what a reward was. Then it seemed like every time I joined one, it closed down.LOL. Any way I have lurked on this board forever but now I feel like I know you all so well. This is pretty much the only board I go to and I have got to have it several times a day. Oh I also have a puppy named Cleo who is half lab and half dachund.{picture that lol}:bounce::bounce:

As my screen name suggests, I am the mom of twins. My real name is Pam. My twins, Alex and Katie just turned 5. Boy, how time flies. I decided last November (after working 24 yrs) that I wanted to stay at home with my kids. It has been a challenge, but I am adjusting to all of the changes.

We live in N. Attleboro, Massachusetts which is about 30 miles south of Boston.

I have been married to Ted for 9 years. We actually met at work. A special note to dmslush, I went to school nights at Bryant College to earn a BS in Finance. It took me 10 years to the day I started, to earn my degree. The only semester I ever missed was when the twins were born. It is a long road, but you will never regret finishing your degree. You go girl!

I join the rewards boards back in January, hoping to earn some monies for our Disney trip. Well, of course, the rewards programs slowed down, but I have gotten $49 from Beenz, a $25 GC, almost ready to cash out at Mypoints, $10 DD from Disneyawards, $5 from Pinecone, $40 from Searchcactus, $40 from Netflip, and I am waiting on a $50 WC. Gee, when I write it all down - not so bad.

Like most others, this is the place I check first thing. First the Rewards Board, then right to the Budget Board. I have gotten a great rate for our upcoming trip from Mary's board, Mousesavers.

Have a great Disney day!!

Hi I'm Cora and I live in Franklin, MA...MomofTwins we're neighbors!!!!

I've been on the Dis since about when Pete started them. I was actually one of the original site sponsors back in '98. Wow time flies.

I have one son, 7 1/2 years and my dear hubby who tolerates me and wonders what I do on the computer all the time! I'm very active in my son's school (I've been asked if I'd like a cot put in! LOL). We went to WDW as a family for the time in Oct 98 and bought DVC while there. We're on our way to WDW next Fri (actually Universal then WDW).

I started doing rewards a couple years ago. Really only doing My Points and still doing it. Alot of the programs I have no tolerance for and I need instant gratification. I guess that's why I like Blink! I've learned alot from all of you.

Actually as I type this I'm waiting for Mr. UPS man to show up with my Connections tickets! How appropriate!

Cora

hi, my name is Tammy. I live in mechanicsville, md..in st. marys county (gods country). i'm married to a great guy, Gary. weve been together 17 years..married for 14 and a half years..married on feb.14th. we have a daughter christiana nicole (nicki)-14 yrs and a son christian james-10 and a half. 2 cats...jasmine and oreo, 2 dogs...minnie and tinkerbell and 3 chinchillas..bright eyes, mischief and baby.....and 2 fish (we have a zoo !:crazy: ) i started doing rewards back in 95..yes when freeride began! :rolleyes: i found theses boards when i was looking to plan my first trip in 2000...been hooked ever since!:D

Hello, my name is Nicole and I started visiting the DIS boards right before my family's first WDW trip back in March. We had a great time and now I'm planning our next trip! Unfortunately, I didn't really get into the rewards programs until right before we left so I didn't have time to collect very much, but there is always the next time. ;)

I've been married to my husband, Mike, for 9 years and we have two children - Alex, who is 6 and Addy, who is 3. I work full-time doing secretarial work and the great thing about my job is that I can spend as much time on-line as I want so I get my reward programs done here & I normally take the weekends off. Currently, I am doing GoCollect, Blink, MyPoints, Milesource, EPoll, Start Sampling, NetFlip and Searchcactus.

I live in Norwalk, Ohio (Sherry, we are really close to each other!) where the heat has been unbearable these last few weeks. We have the advantage of living very close to Cedar Point, but nothing beats WDW!

It's been so nice to get to know all of you!

Hi My name is Jean- I have been married for 17yrs,3 kids:DS15,DS11,and DD9. I am a teacher's aide in a kindergarten,as well as working part-time in a dept store. I also teach English as a second language to adults through a volunteer program at our library,and I am one of the vice-chairs of our town Democratic Committee. I found these boards by accident while trying to get info for a trip to WDW. Mal-you made our trip to WDW last April one of the best family vacations we've ever taken with all your tips here! We basically ate for free the entire time (of course now I feel like an ungrateful lout for not visiting here more!). The people I have encountered here are the best!

Hello! My name is Mary and my family and I live in Central New York, approximately 30 miles north of Syracuse. My dh and I have been married for 15 years and have two dds, ages 8 and 11. I found these boards when a similar one on AOL was discontinued. I used to just read reports on trips and resorts but I became curious when I saw rewards and dove in! Mal, though we have not spoken, I feel as if I know you since I read all your posts. You are so helpful.

I began with Beenz back in March when we started to plan our Feb 2002 trip. That, along with Howhot, Bitcards, and Etour have all bitten the dust. I continue to do milesource, blink, creation rewards, suzykats, and my points though I sometimes ask myself why when the points accumulate so slowly. I don't do a lot of online shopping so that may be why.

I love these boards and come here 2 or 3 times a day as time permits. It is more difficult when I'm working ( I'm a high school English teacher) to find the time or energy at the end of a school day.

Thank you to all who contribute here. You are my sanity.

Hi, my name is Laurie. I've been married for 10 years to my DH Rick, and we have 2 children, Ricky 6 and Nicole (Nikki) 3. I found out about DIS in march, but didn't go to the reward board until the day after we returned from taking the kids to WDW for the first time in June. We're hoping to return in April (depending on how I do with the rewards). I visit this site first thing in the morning (plus a couple times a day, while the kids are busy).

I'd like to thank everyone for all the information I've received here.:D

Greetings from the great south shore of Long Island, New York.

I'm Debbie and I've been married to my sweetie Bill for 23 years (yes, I am older than dirt-where's my cane? Where's my walker?). We have three sons, Mike who's 21 and a senior at SUNY Binghamton, and Bob and Tim are fraternal twins 15 years old who are sophomores in high school.

I've been doing rewards for about 3 years and although many programs aren't around anymore, the five of us still do well enough to continue doing them. Rewards programs have been very good to us. In the past we've been able to have an almost free Christmas, free meals offsite every night for 7 nights for our last trip to WDW in 2000, free souvenirs and snacks at the parks with our Disney dollars-I even won a 7 day trip to Europe through the Alta Vista rewards program (God bless them-RIP).

I'm up very early every morning and this site is my homepage. The rewards board is always my first stop to see who else is up and already posting. Thanks to everyone who helps out by posting all the day's trivia answers, search words, max sightings, go collect polls etc. You sure make life easier for us all.

I love reading all about the people I've come to know through this board.

Who's next?

Hi, my name is Colleen and I live in Bloomington, IL. DH and I have been married almost 10 years. My first trip to WDW was our honeymoon. We went back twice before my son Matt was born. He'll be 6 on the 14th. We've taken him twice and our next trip is in October. We bought into DVC and that will be our first trip staying "home". I work 3 days a week.

I started doing rewards about 2 years ago, with Beenz. Since then, I've done a bunch of programs but now I pretty much stick to Milesource, Beenz, GoCollect and SurvivorStakes. I found the DIS about the same time, when I was researching DVC. I read this board (and a few others) almost every day but I don't post very often. I do appreciate the trivia answers and the news from everyone else!

Hi my name is Veraletta...I Live in Proctorville, Ohio... I've been married for 29 years ..
I have three children ages 28, 21, and 18... I'm a grandmother of three grandchildren ages
3, 2 and 3 mos old.
I'm making sure I start my grandbabies off right.. they are learning every thing about disney..
I have been doing rewards programs for a little over a year.. I'm hooked on saving money so
I can make more trips to disney.. I maybe old but I'm young at heart... I'm hoping with god willing I will have many more trips to disney...

Hi,
I'm Linda, another neighbor in Mass. I also started on the boards quite awhile ago while planning a vacation. I just started doing the rewards a few months back. I've been doing Milesource, Blink and My points. I've been very bored with Milesource lately and haven't done it in almost 2 weeks. I keep saying I'm going to go back to it, but then run out of time. I also started with a few mystery shopping companies from recommendations on this board, so I've kept busy. I waitress part time nights and work in a high school cafeteria during the school year. My next Disney trip won't be until next August. I have two sons 14 and 11. The last 3 trips we've stayed at Dixie Landings. I've always wanted to stay at the Contemporary and I'm saving the extra mystery shopping cash and all my survey cash from Pinecone and others just for the upcharge for the Contemporary. I keep thinking that the 14 yr. old who will be almost 16 next August might not want to go with his parents again, so I want to make it a special trip. I get lots of good ideas from this board, but I do tend to read more than post. Thanks for all the good ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter