Leaving Soon & Live reports, cruise updates pg19

Hi Wayne, Carl and I are just catching up on your report and sitting here drooling over the food - not good as we have no food in the house!!

We got a great bounceback offer for next year - $1300 for seven nights at POFQ with free dining - so we booked for our anniversary. Our plan is then to do two nights at a Universal hotel, and a final five nights somewhere cheap but with a car. We'll be keeping an eye on flights etc but would love your expertise to help - also do you have any recommendations for which Universal hotel to go with?

Hope Karen is doing better now - our family all loved the Christmas decoration!

I love Wasabi! It's great on sushi.

I guess some must like it or they wouldn't use it, our server said almost everytime anyone ordered the beef with wasabi mash the mash was left on the plate, she stopped recommending beef on that menu because of it.

I guess some must like it or they wouldn't use it, our server said almost everytime anyone ordered the beef with wasabi mash the mash was left on the plate, she stopped recommending beef on that menu because of it.

I won't be leaving my mash. Not long to go before we are sailing.

Hi Wayne, Carl and I are just catching up on your report and sitting here drooling over the food - not good as we have no food in the house!!

We got a great bounceback offer for next year - $1300 for seven nights at POFQ with free dining - so we booked for our anniversary. Our plan is then to do two nights at a Universal hotel, and a final five nights somewhere cheap but with a car. We'll be keeping an eye on flights etc but would love your expertise to help - also do you have any recommendations for which Universal hotel to go with?

Hope Karen is doing better now - our family all loved the Christmas decoration!

Welcome home.
Don't know anything about Universal hotels, something we might consider doing next year, 1 or 2 nights up there, the lines were crazy this time, front of line would have been good.
Will be watching for flights in a few weeks. Will post any offers I see.

Hi Wayne,

This is Carl - Jen just set me up on here too, as now I know what her wedding dress looks like!

The crazy lines are the reason we didn't visit Universal this year, and why we want to get FOTL for next year.

Golden Mickeys choc cake & close up of the choc ticket.
IMG_1607Medium.jpg

Mmm!! I think I need to start dieting now so that I can eat double portions next May ;)

Cruise pics are great Wayne, thanks for sharing :goodvibes

Hi Wayne,

This is Carl - Jen just set me up on here too, as now I know what her wedding dress looks like!

The crazy lines are the reason we didn't visit Universal this year, and why we want to get FOTL for next year.
Hi Carl, great to meet you last month. Welcome to DISboards.

Mmm!! I think I need to start dieting now so that I can eat double portions next May ;)

Cruise pics are great Wayne, thanks for sharing :goodvibes
I am almost certain I didn't put much weight on while doing the 16 nights free DDP, the 12lbs I gained I am sure came from the cruise 7 nights.

hello wayne.
great pictures.
it was lovely to meet you all.
what a great cruise.

bev,dave, nicola & james !!!!!

Yes it was a great cruise, we really enjoyed it. Also nice to get an hour to have a drink with you, the whole week seemed to fly by and not much time for anything. Only dipped in the Goofy pool 5 mins one day and never got chance at all for the adult pool.
PS did you find James to get him off the ship? I am still not certain you have a son.

Tuesday, Grand Cayman.
Just got off the ship to do some Geocaching and a quick look around, found 1 out of 2.

IMG_1632Medium.jpg

P1010303Medium.jpg

Evening meal, Parrot Cay again. http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/magic/dining/parrot-cay/

Baked Crab Dip Martinique
IMG_1652Medium.jpg

Cream of green asparagus soup.
IMG_1654Medium.jpg

Parrot Cay Salad
IMG_1653Medium.jpg

Caribbean Roasted Chicken
IMG_1655Medium.jpg

Island Spiced Grilled Rib-Eye of Beef, this was really nice.
IMG_1656Medium.jpg

Mixed Grill
IMG_1657Medium.jpg

Chocolate S`More Vanilla Cake
IMG_1658Medium.jpg

Ice Cream Sundae.
IMG_1659Medium.jpg

Evening show.
IMG_1661Medium.jpg

Towel.
IMG_1663Medium.jpg

Cozumel tomorrow.

Tuesday, Grand Cayman.
Just got off the ship to do some Geocaching and a quick look around, found 1 out of 2.

What does this mean? Is it a cruise line thing?

One other question for you. After seeing yours, and everybody elses cruise pics, I am really tempted to look into it for next year when me and DW are planning on doing the first week in Florida by ourselves as it will be out 20th wedding anniversary. The only thing that is holding me back is the last time we did a cruise (1990 down the Nile for 3 days) I was as sick as a dog for 2 days and thought I had totally wasted my money (which was a lot for a 19 year old). Has anyone ever felt sea sick on board the Disney ones that you know of - or is it a nice smoth ride?

Really am enjoying looking at all your pics and think it would be a lovley way to celebrate our anniversary :thumbsup2

And was that a REAL sausage on your breakfast plate - as opposed to the chipolata type ones we always seem to get offered everywhere else over there?

Kenny, Geocaching is our hobby. http://www.geocaching.com/
Its a high tech treasure hunt, use this site to find cache locations wherever in the world you are visiting(put in your home postcode to see some) enter the co-ordinates into a handheld GPS and find your treasure.
Sea-sickness, very few people suffer with it on the bigger ships, I feel slightly queasy going out on the 1st night and back on the last evening, apparantly thats to do with the location of Port Canaveral and the waters you go thru out and into port. Apart from that I am fine, never seen it a problem for anyone else. Also on RCCL last year we rode around the edge of a tropical storm with very choppy waters, I was fine with that, the ships have stabilizers which come out and balance them, you hardly feel you are moving most of the time.
I would try a 4 night cruise to see how you go, we did for our 1st and wished we had booked 7 nights.
Yes proper sausage, not often you get that is it?:goodvibes The food manager on board is called Martin, he is from Yorkshire, maybe thats something to do with it.:thumbsup2

Great update Wayne.
What did you think of the various evening shows ? Any favourites?

Great update Wayne.
What did you think of the various evening shows ? Any favourites?

We really enjoy all the Disney productions. 2nd night was a comedian http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLi90L9iaOo&feature=related Ron Pearson, he was hilarious. Done 5 Disney cruises now, been to show every evening so approx 30 shows(some repeated) enjoyed every one except the last night of this cruise, its a bit of a variety/farwell show, the acts they had on were absolutely terrible, maybe the Americans found the comedian funny and appreciated the musician but we thought they were worst acts we had ever seen, after about 45 mins into the show(all shows last about 1 hour) I said to Karen this is the longest hour of my life, so wished we had packed instead, closest I have ever been to walking out of a theatre.
Fave? probably the new one, Toy Story on The Wonder. On the Magic Disney Dreams – An Enchanted Classic

do you have any recommendations for which Universal hotel to go with?

just thought I'd offer my humble opinion .....

Having stayed at them all, they all are very good. RPR is the cheapest. The rock theming of the Hard Rock is not for everyone. (We weren't too keen). Our favourite is Portofino Bay, which is the most expensive. It's also the furthest away from the parks, though, meaning you have to catch the waterbus or have a longish walk.

There is hardly anything I don't like (except Wasabi mashed potato, whats wasabi all about? whoever discovered that wants banning from the kitchen)

That creases me up. DH thought they were some kind of mushy peas, but from the faces he was pulling they certainly weren't! Never again!
Glad you had a great hol.

Wednesday, Cozumel & Pirates in the Caribbean party night. Should have been fireworks late evening but due to repairs on the ship we left port late so fireworks delayed until Thursday eve.

P1010362Medium.jpg

IMG_1671Medium.jpg

IMG_1681Medium.jpg

Back on the ship
IMG_1684Medium.jpg

Pirate menu in Lumieres
Black Beards Jumbo crab cake
IMG_1688Medium.jpg

Jerk Chicken salad
IMG_1689Medium.jpg

The Buccaneers sun-ripened Pineapple
IMG_1690Medium.jpg

Castaway Chicken breast
IMG_1691Medium.jpg

The Dutchmans roasted Dijon-crusted Sirloin of beef also had a side of Jack sparrows BBQ short ribs which were really good.
IMG_1692Medium.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean sweet temptation
IMG_1693Medium.jpg

Rum Barbossa
IMG_1696Medium.jpg

Walk the triple layered chocolate gangplank cake
IMG_1694Medium.jpg

Preparation for Pirate party
IMG_1700Medium.jpg

P1010391Medium.jpg

Towel
P1010385Medium.jpg

Thursday, quite a lot of pics today as we went to Palo for Brunch, Galley tour in afternoon, evening meal pics and then midnight dessert buffet, Karen and Matt took these pics, I stayed in the bar, I can eat a dessert but not a big fan, nor an I interested in the chocolate fountain. Unlike Karen and Matt who are both choc mad.

Palo(adult only), 1st time eaten in here. Wasn't sure about it as Karen doesn't like any seafood, I love it but not so much at 10:30 in the morning. Glad we did for the experience, service is outstanding, our server(Andrea from Croatia) only had to serve 2 tables, you get shown around what is on offer then you can get as much as you want, were given champagne on arrival, also had fresh orange juice, and coffee. Choice was very good, Alaskan crabs legs were really nice, caviar, Salmon....... wish I could have tried everything but I wanted to try something cooked, we ordered an omelet each, could easily have shared they were so big, we both left some. I then rested a while and decided to try the veal, this was very good, best veal I have ever had. End of meal Andrea brought a plate full of desserts (choc based) for Mathew as he missed out. The $15/head for Palo partly goes to your server for tip but we left another $15 for her, she has now gome home for a holiday and to watch the football on Wednesday in a bar in Croatia, hope she is dissapointed with the result.:rotfl2:

IMG_1714Medium.jpg

IMG_1715Medium.jpg

IMG_1716Medium.jpg

IMG_1717Medium.jpg

IMG_1719Medium.jpg

IMG_1718Medium.jpg

IMG_1721Medium.jpg

IMG_1722Medium.jpg

IMG_1720Medium.jpg

Galley Tour
IMG_1727Medium.jpg

IMG_1728Medium.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter