Leaving Soon & Live reports, cruise updates pg19

enjoy your last 2 days, hope they go so slooooooowwwwwllllllllllllly! :goodvibes

They didn't, they went way too fast.:sad1:

Sat in Tampa airport (Delta Lounge:goodvibes) waiting for flight to Atlanta then back to Manchester.
Where did the last 25 nights go? it went so fast.
Last 2 nights been at Regal Sun Resort DTD, upgraded to Tower room with great views(best we have had in Orlando) very good value for the £25/night we paid, nice rooms, spacious, plenty of drawers etc but no hot water yesterday. Would stay again at a good rate but not worth paying a lot for. Didn't get time to use pool or any of facilities but all looked good.
45 mins to flight now, more pics next few days.:goodvibes

Safe trip home, Wayne, Karen and Matt... :goodvibes

Safe journey home.:goodvibes I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread - thanks for taking the time to post all of the updates!:thumbsup2

Wow - 25 nights already? :scared1:

I've loved your live updates Wayne and Matt, looks like you've had a ton of fun!

Safe journey home for all three of you :hug:

Gone thru spend for the 25 nights, very low with free DDP and cruise.
Would be cost of food for our 16 nights while at OKW on free DDP $2,409 for 3 adults.

Spent $340 on room key but that was mainly internet $140, Wheelchairs $70 & boat rental $48
Credit card offsite for purchases, walmart, liquor store, walgreens, Reebok trainers etc. $200
Spent onboard ship $360 but had $200 onboard credit so cost to us $160
Also used £500 ($800) we took in cash, mostly went on tips and few meals last 2 days after cruise.

Total spend $1500
Do we do free DDP again? still can't decide, yes its very tying and time consuming but we really enjoyed trying new places within Disney. Downside we really missed eating at our usual places offsite.

7th WPE 70.66
Cali Grill 166.14
8th Snax 14.9
Riverside Mill 44.35
GF Cafe 99.18
9th Snax 7.67
Sassagoula FFF 46.88
1900 Park Fare 102.21
10th Snax 16.53
Chef Mickeys (BF) 79.85
Turf Club 108.17
11th Snax 25.71
Riverside Mill 46.24
LTT 95.82
12th Snax 3.5
Restaurantosaurus 44.44
Ohana 92.63
13th Snax 7.71
DQ Foodquest 44.23
Le Cellier 136.13
14th Snax 12.73
WPE 64.17
Whispering Canyon 115.89
15th Snax 15.21
ABC Commissary 41.45
Cape May 86.24
16th Snax 3.99
Sassagoula FFF 45.17
Crystal Palace 105.41
17th Snax 14.27
WPE 60.97
Tutto Italia 128.87
18th Snax 10.38
Riverside Mill 47.5
Hoop incl tip 164.97
19th Snax 3.5
Crystal Palace (BF) 60.68
Old Port Royale 48.5
20th Snax 11.17
Riverside Mill 49.5
Mara 45.39
21st Riverside Mill 20.24
Sassagoula FFF 44.85
Cosmic Rays 49.53

So many pics on the cruise will do them 1 day at a time, these were from day we boarded.

At the port Matt got talking to a cast member(no idea how he does it but they all seem to want to talk to him) she told him to stand behind her as there was a VIP arriving any moment, turned out we didn't know her but she is famous in US, Shawn Johnson, she was on Twitter the whole week(check her blog dates 22-29th Aug, pics on the ship) http://twitter.com/ShawneyJ didn't know until we got home or I could have got more pics knowing where she was. http://www.shawnjohnson.net/
Not a great pic of her as Matt took video of her rather than pics.
P1010092Medium.jpg

2:30pm Dismeet, no idea how many of us turned up, some had left by this time, great to see everyone I had been talking to for 18 months.
IMG_1472Medium.jpg

Sailaway party.
IMG_1476Medium.jpg

Fish extender in place ready for gifts.
IMG_1495Medium.jpg

1st nights dining in Lumieres http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/magic/dining/lumieres/
Applewood smoked bacon and wild mushroom tart with creamy leeks
IMG_1482Medium.jpg

Mrs Potts French onion soup with cheese
IMG_1481Medium.jpg

Grilled beef tenderloin
IMG_1483Medium.jpg

Matt loved the green beans wrapped in bacon with his beef
IMG_1485Medium.jpg

Slowly braised lamb shank for both myself and Karen.
IMG_1484Medium.jpg

Brioche and Pannetone Pudding
IMG_1487Medium.jpg

Grand Marnier Soufflé
IMG_1488Medium.jpg

Lumieres trio of sweet temptation
IMG_1489Medium.jpg

Pic from evening show
IMG_1497Medium.jpg

Towel creature at turndown in stateroom
IMG_1490Medium.jpg

Lovely pics, Wayne!!! Can't wait to be onboard the Magic in 10 days time!!! :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo:

Lovely pics, Wayne!!! Can't wait to be onboard the Magic in 10 days time!!! :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo:

What date do you leave? will try get all the 7 nights pics uploaded before you go.
Our server was Laura from manchester, if you get her tell her you know me(Wayne from Disboards), ask her if she enjoyed her Yorkshire mixtures, had 2 packs left from Fish gifting so gave them to Laura and her assistant Mikey.
Also look out for Stefan in Promanade lounge, he looked after us every evening with drinks, great lad.

What date do you leave? will try get all the 7 nights pics uploaded before you go.
Our server was Laura from manchester, if you get her tell her you know me(Wayne from Disboards), ask her if she enjoyed her Yorkshire mixtures, had 2 packs left from Fish gifting so gave them to Laura and her assistant Mikey.
Also look out for Stefan in Promanade lounge, he looked after us every evening with drinks, great lad.

We're on the September 12th cruise, leaving on the 9th - can't believe how quickly the countdown has raced by in the past few weeks... :cloud9:

I will look out for Laura and we'll definitely be frequenting the Promenade Lounge ;) so we'll see if Stefan's the cast member we remember from last year... Sooooo excited now!!!! :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo:

I'm so pleased your home Wayne - It feels like I've been waiting ages to read your cruise report:goodvibes - great start and fantastic pictures!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Our 1st full day, Key West.
Had lunch before we got off the ship, my fave, crab claws.
P1010140Medium.jpg

We got off to do some Gecaching, found 2 out of the 3. Karen and Matt wanted to get back on the ship to watch Up in 3D so I spent the afternoon in the Hogs Breath bar:cloud9:
P1010175Medium.jpg

That evening ate at Animators Palate http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/magic/dining/animators-palate/

Wild Mushroom Risotto and Porcini Twist
IMG_1541Medium.jpg

I had this which was delicious. Smoked Salmon and Trout with Goat Cheese Salad
IMG_1542Medium.jpg

Penette Pasta with Turkey
IMG_1544Medium.jpg

Fire Roasted Beef Tenderloin
IMG_1543Medium.jpg

Buckled Warm Apple Crumble
IMG_1545Medium.jpg

Double-Fudge Chocolate Cake
IMG_1548Medium.jpg

Animators sweet temptation
IMG_1547Medium.jpg

Out to watch the Key West Sunset.
IMG_1578Medium.jpg

P1010197Medium.jpg

P1010202Medium.jpg

P1010204Medium.jpg

And another towel thing.
P1010212Medium.jpg

its funny i ahve the same silouette picture of us at keywest as the sun goes down. Thinking of driving down there when we go in december.

Do we do free DDP again? still can't decide, yes its very tying and time consuming but we really enjoyed trying new places within Disney. Downside we really missed eating at our usual places offsite.

when we have done a long time on DDP we have done more 2 TS meals that way you can get to eat off site if you want Less that a week on it we tend to do mainly 1TS meals.
That being said the prices for eating in Disney are inflated compared to eating off site, Compare to the outback v SSR would work out double
Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter