Lavar pulls son out of UCLA.

Will fit right in the NBA where their whole business model is based on stealing money from taxpayers. Oklahoma has one of the most underfunded school systems in the country but they found tax money to build a new basketball arena in Oklahoma City.

LiAngrlo was not gonna make NBA the least talented of the 3 brothers. LiMello is said to be #2 in the family.
If I was coach I send Lavar a big thank you note.

I wasn’t 100% sure if the comment was about pro or college sports, which is why I didn’t respond directly. However, it sounded like the comment was about taxpayers funding sports buildings over K-12 schools.
It was sarcasm.

It is ridiculous the focus paid to sports(college or pro) in general compared to much more important parts of life.

It was sarcasm.

It is ridiculous the focus paid to sports(college or pro) in general compared to much more important parts of life.

People are free to choose what they want to prioritize in life. I don't fault anyone who is fanatical about sports, music, entertainment, video games, theater, books, etc. One person's passion might be another's triviality. I mean - this is a Disney message board. Discussions about Coco, Magic Bands, or which hotel to stay in are pretty trivial. There are definitely more important parts of life than to worry about a message board, but here we are.

If it was about public financing of sports facilities, then I generally don't like it. I especially don't like how governments are pitted against each other over who can pay more to lure/keep a sports franchise, like southern Nevada is ponying up $750 million for a new football stadium.

Final career stats
0 points
0 rebounds
0 assists
1 steal.
After all the info was released, I read they had stolen or tried to from three stores. I know the initial reports only mentioned the sunglasses, but I read there were 2 other incidents. Does anyone know, if that was inaccurate.

Not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me. Didn't Dad say stealing wasn't a big deal?
Yes, he did. He pulled LiAngelo from UCLA, because their punishment was too tough. Apparently, he thought any punishment at all was too much. I guess being a thief is totally acceptable, as long as he or his kids benefit from it. :sad2: He is a serious piece of work. I wish the media would ignore him. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen.

I wonder if daddy would be in favor of LiAngelo playing in Europe. I hear that that's the path that some NBA players have taken.

The dad sounds like such a blowhard. Must be difficult having a dad like that.

I wonder if daddy would be in favor of LiAngelo playing in Europe. I hear that that's the path that some NBA players have taken.

The dad sounds like such a blowhard. Must be difficult having a dad like that.
It must be horrible to have a dad like that. I feel sorry for the two younger kids. Lonzo needs to grow up. It's obvious he isn't his dads top priority. Hid dad cares more about himself than anyone. Lonzo needs to get another agent & tell his dad he's going to live his own life & not be his meal ticket. Until he does that, he isn't going to gain respect from his peers.

As for LiAngelo, he doesn't appear to be an NBA talent at this time. His options will now be limited. The majority of people won't want to deal with his dad. If he wants to pursue basketball as a career, Europe will most likely be his only option. China is obviously out. This man is doing his kids no favors.

People are free to choose what they want to prioritize in life. I don't fault anyone who is fanatical about sports, music, entertainment, video games, theater, books, etc. One person's passion might be another's triviality. I mean - this is a Disney message board. Discussions about Coco, Magic Bands, or which hotel to stay in are pretty trivial. There are definitely more important parts of life than to worry about a message board, but here we are.

If it was about public financing of sports facilities, then I generally don't like it. I especially don't like how governments are pitted against each other over who can pay more to lure/keep a sports franchise, like southern Nevada is ponying up $750 million for a new football stadium.

Thank goodness many cities have said no to public financing madness. Seattle told the basketball team to stick it when they asked for a public handout. Same thing happened for the university. They asked for public funds to build the stadium and the state of Washington said fat chance. The football boosters had to pay for the stadium upgrades themselves.

His father is the worst part about the son. I would hope the NBA passes on this spoiled brat and his son too ;)

Now he is coming out with a new shoe. He had delivery issues and did not provide an LED case promised when they sold the first round of shoes. It's a joke. Some of the proposed names for the new shoe in the comment sections of all the articles are hilarious!

The part that kills me is the fact that they just forfeited a pretty decent education.

Now he is coming out with a new shoe. He had delivery issues and did not provide an LED case promised when they sold the first round of shoes. It's a joke. Some of the proposed names for the new shoe in the comment sections of all the articles are hilarious!

The part that kills me is the fact that they just forfeited a pretty decent education.
True, but the part that kills me is that people are willing to support that circus by buying their shoes. :sad2:

I doubt he ever planned on getting an education anyways. All reports indicated he planned (or Daddy told him) to be a one-and-done player like his brother.

Now they're apparently talking about him playing overseas professionally. I assume the China leagues are out? ;)

Thats freaking hilarious :rotfl2: , are you working at any comedy clubs this weekend. :rotfl:

I hope you understand the point of this post. The father only expected him to be at UCLA for one year before moving on to something else that gets him into the NBA somehow.

What is this "one and done" business? Does the NBA require at least one year of college playing experience to be eligible?

What is this "one and done" business? Does the NBA require at least one year of college playing experience to be eligible?

Yes. Many years ago, the NBA made the rule that players could not go directly from high school to the NBA. Ever since that rule was made, the best players (generally speaking) would do one year of college basketball and then go into the NBA draft.

Edited to add - the rule was added in 2006

Yes. Many years ago, the NBA made the rule that players could not go directly from high school to the NBA. Ever since that rule was made, the best players (generally speaking) would do one year of college basketball and then go into the NBA draft.

Edited to add - the rule was added in 2006

IMO the schools or the NCAA should make it a requirement to sign a commitment to remain in school and complete a degree or course of study if accepting a scholarship to attend, with a proviso that scholarship $$ must be repaid if the player leaves before the course of study is completed and joins the NBA.

IMO the schools or the NCAA should make it a requirement to sign a commitment to remain in school and complete a degree or course of study if accepting a scholarship to attend, with a proviso that scholarship $$ must be repaid if the player leaves before the course of study is completed and joins the NBA.

Why pretend? Everyone knows they are just there to play basketball. This nonsense has even infected high school sports now. You don't see many of those players taking real classes.

Why pretend? Everyone knows they are just there to play basketball. This nonsense has even infected high school sports now. You don't see many of those players taking real classes.

Which is why it's completely ridiculous that the sports sideshow has been allowed to co opt our schools and universities in the first place. Are these institutions in the business of education or sports?

And as far as the idea that the sports bring in revenue to the schools, nonsense. The sports consume the funds they bring in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter