Latest School Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize that guns are not just for killing people or even defense?

A good point. Maybe it would be simpler to say that it would be nice to state that it would be nice (although impractical) to live in a world where no gun is ever used for violence and that the same pacification is extended to bombs, knives and so on. An ideal world, if you like. But as long as there are people who WILL turn ANY object on another, it doesn't work.

And I'm just saying you're very focused on guns without regards to other things.

Again in one comment you say something related to guns and the next breath something not related to just guns.

I admire your worldview but removing guns does not remove the ability for someone to have power to 'strip away life from an individual'. Power to do harm to other people or other animals is and never will be limited to the presence or absence of guns.

I'm not sure I fully understand you?

how about we provide every school metal scanners and a full security crew to man them along with armed guards.

And tax gun owners to pay for it
Would you be okay if the armed classrooms were segregated by kids of owners and kids of parents that opposed gun ownership, and only the kids in the armed classroom were to be protected by those armed teachers to prevent kids of non gun owners from being accidentally shot? The teachers in the other classroom could grab fire extinguishers or something to defend the classroom with.
Sounds silly, doesn't it?

Would you be okay if the armed classrooms were segregated by kids of owners and kids of parents that opposed gun ownership, and only the kids in the armed classroom were to be protected by those armed teachers to prevent kids of non gun owners from being accidentally shot? The teachers inn the other classroom could grab fire extinguishers or something to defend the classroom with.

The way I see it, metal detectors at schools won't work, as they are not absolute. If a kid goes AWOL and finds their way into their parents' gun case, they could bring a gun to school, into the yard or playground/premises out side of the school building, shoot a bunch of kids and only be stopped when either the police arrive or a trained professional has time to react. Either which way, people die.

The way I see it, metal detectors at schools won't work, as they are not absolute. If a kid goes AWOL and finds their way into their parents' gun case, they could bring a gun to school, into the yard or playground/premises out side of the school building, shoot a bunch of kids and only be stopped when either the police arrive or a trained professional has time to react. Either which way, people die.
Nothing is an absolute. It is a deterrent. (It is SOMETHING)

And that's all it will ever be.
A dream........
Humans will stop killing when the last one expires, and not one second before.

A dream indeed. As I said, an unattainable dream as people are at the core selfish, violent and frankly, very very stupid.

Will all the bad press the FBI has been getting lately, this does not help their case.
Off topic, I know.
The incident involving the negligent discharge by that Agent, reinforces my belief that just because someone is in Law enforcement doesn't guarantee that they always exercise flawless judgement.
I have known hundreds of LEO's over the years and sadly not all of them have the wherewithal to handle high stress dangerous situations.
So, whomever is in charge of Security at a school had better be dedicated to having the shooting, and decision making, skills to effectively perform that job with as close to zero likelihood as possible of that person causing injury to a student or Faculty member through negligent action, or inaction.
The sad example of the Resource Officer at Parkland is a prime example of what I'm referring to.

The incident involving the negligent discharge by that Agent, reinforces my belief that just because someone is in Law enforcement doesn't guarantee that they always exercise flawless judgement.
I have known hundreds of LEO's over the years and sadly not all of them have the wherewithal to handle high stress dangerous situations.
So, whomever is in charge of Security at a school had better be dedicated to having the shooting, and decision making, skills to effectively perform that job with as close to zero likelihood as possible of that person causing injury to a student or Faculty member through negligent action, or inaction.
The sad example of the Resource Officer at Parkland is a prime example of what I'm referring to.
He broke his silence today, appearing on NBC, and is still not taking responsibility. The evidence at this point shows he was still telling other officers to not enter the building a full 7 minutes after the shooter had already ditched his gun in the stairwell, and left the building.

He broke his silence today, appearing on NBC, and is still not taking responsibility. The evidence at this point shows he was still telling other officers to not enter the building a full 7 minutes after the shooter had already ditched his gun in the stairwell, and left the building.
I'm sure that when the investigation is completed there will be many recriminations over who did, or did not, perform adequately in that incident.

Oh well, no worries :)

I may be wrong, but I think @Mackenzie Click-Mickelson was referring to how you frequently talk about how getting rid of guns is the answer, but then make comments about people being inherently violent and stupid. That, I think is what several of us on here are trying to say: People are the problem and will commit crimes whether there are guns or not. I'm sure you especially are well aware that getting rid of guns doesn't get rid of the violence, considering London with their gun laws has surpassed NYC on murder rate.

Would you be okay if the armed classrooms were segregated by kids of owners and kids of parents that opposed gun ownership, and only the kids in the armed classroom were to be protected by those armed teachers to prevent kids of non gun owners from being accidentally shot? The teachers in the other classroom could grab fire extinguishers or something to defend the classroom with.
That would be a great idea. Let’s do it

I may be wrong, but I think @Mackenzie Click-Mickelson was referring to how you frequently talk about how getting rid of guns is the answer, but then make comments about people being inherently violent and stupid. That, I think is what several of us on here are trying to say: People are the problem and will commit crimes whether there are guns or not. I'm sure you especially are well aware that getting rid of guns doesn't get rid of the violence, considering London with their gun laws has surpassed NYC on murder rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter