Latest Room Request Strategy

I use Touring Plans for room requests and have found that it's really resort dependent. BLT and VGF give me either what I request or very close to it. I have never gotten anything remotely close to what I have requested for BWV.

This may be a little off the subject or not. Does anyone have a room map of BWV? I have one from BCV from a long time ago and it helps when trying to do a room request. I have check everywhere I could thing of but was unable to fine one. The BCV one that I have list each room number and what type of room it is. Studio 1 bedroom etc.

RalphRR

I've always used TP in the past with varying success at all resorts, but for marathon weekend, I traveled with a big group, and we all wanted to be in the same section of SSR. About a month before marathon weekend, we did 4 separate chats with member services, and we were 4 for 4 getting studios in the Paddock, as requested. I feel like I'm going to use MS instead of TP from now on.

This may be a little off the subject or not. Does anyone have a room map of BWV? I have one from BCV from a long time ago and it helps when trying to do a room request. I have check everywhere I could thing of but was unable to fine one. The BCV one that I have list each room number and what type of room it is. Studio 1 bedroom etc.

RalphRR
Here you go, thanks to @Shamus, @WebmasterDoc, and @drusba. You have to click on the view to see the room numbers on each side of the building.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/bwv-room-view-and-number-maps.3794835/

Going next month for a split stay between Poly and BCV. I had put in a request a while ago for Poly asking for a high floor Tokelau. Should I go for the gold and ask for one of the two north facing corner rooms or do we think that turns off the person assigning rooms and I'll be put in the laundry room instead.

And as for BCV I know most of the rooms views are blah but does anyone have a "go to" area for a decent view?

I usually do my requests through Touring Plans or MS. I try not to do both. I've noticed that some resorts are better than others at requests. BLT and VGF (original building) give me rooms close to my request. In Jan 2021, we got the exact request for Kidani. BWV is a different beast; I've never gotten anything close to my request and I try to make it pretty general.
Agreed. I used Touring Plans on my last trip and the result was an amazing room with the view I wanted. Very impressive and it solidified my trust in TP. I tried my own way for our Christmas trip which was a porch with a view, so fairly general. We received a porch with no view at the GF. Literally, we sat in a cave and could only see out if standing. So, Touring Plans is 'da bomb!

And as for BCV I know most of the rooms views are blah but does anyone have a "go to" area for a decent view?
Last time we were in room 429 and I'd happily be in that area again. We had a large, peaceful balcony that looked over the woods, although the only bit of Epcot we could see was the Eiffel Tower.

Last time we were in room 429 and I'd happily be in that area again. We had a large, peaceful balcony that looked over the woods, although the only bit of Epcot we could see was the Eiffel Tower.
I love that view. I was told that was a woods view, but when I asked for a "woods view", I got a room facing the road. What I did once because I wanted a room on the inside of the "U", was find a map of the BCV, made a list of all the rooms in the size of the reservation that would be facing the woods and the Eiffel tower, requested "room ending in....." [I think there were about 15-20 choices if you consider there was 1 on each floor] and I got one of the rooms I requested, a wonderful view.

I love that view. I was told that was a woods view, but when I asked for a "woods view", I got a room facing the road. What I did once because I wanted a room on the inside of the "U", was find a map of the BCV, made a list of all the rooms in the size of the reservation that would be facing the woods and the Eiffel tower, requested "room ending in....." [I think there were about 15-20 choices if you consider there was 1 on each floor] and I got one of the rooms I requested, a wonderful view.
We had a room recently on that side with a woods view - we were up a bit more, overlooking the 'Future World' side. Got back to the room a bit earlier one evening later in the trip, and wow - do those Luminous fireworks come in loud and clear on that side! We really enjoy that location......

We had a room recently on that side with a woods view - we were up a bit more, overlooking the 'Future World' side. Got back to the room a bit earlier one evening later in the trip, and wow - do those Luminous fireworks come in loud and clear on that side! We really enjoy that location......
So this "woods view" is preferable to a pool view? What would those numbers be if you don't mind me asking.

Unfortunately, I can't link the map of the rooms, but I think it's rooms ending 25, 27, 29, 31 and 33. I was on the 4th floor which had a good balcony. I'm not sure what they're like on the other floors.

I also include rooms ending in 39, 43, 49, and 22 in that (those are studio rooms). If you can find a map with room #s (google "map with room #s at Beach Club Villas"-you'll find one) if your room type is different. At least you'll see the area. As to whether or not it's better than pool view, that's entirely subjective. I love seeing the trees and birds, hearing the music from Epcot and hearing and sometimes seeing the fireworks. Some people will argue that seeing the pool is better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter