Last time you were "drunk"

I've never blacked out, thrown up, or had a hangover. The worse "drunk" I ever got has been "pretty impaired". I think the last time that happened was our 20th wedding anniversary, about 3 years ago.

My mom is a recovering alcoholic (35 years sober this year!), so I try to have a healthy respect for alcohol.

By my own personal choice, I don't drink. However, I was drunk once......by accident.

My brother graduated from college when I was about 10 years old. After the graduation ceremony, the college held a reception on the lawn. As a kid, I was pretty bored and I asked my mom if I could have some punch. She said I could have all I wanted. Later on, here I came...staggering back to my family. Yep! Someone had spiked the punch!

My mom said, "Well, at least you were a HAPPY drunk!" Lol

I don't understand the attraction to alcohol. I did far more than my fair share of drinking, but it was when I was young and dumb. It's probably been 25 years for me, if not more.

If you did your fair share of drinking, then you understand the attraction to alcohol.

For me:

1. It tastes good
2. It makes you feel relaxed and happy
3. It makes me more social. I'm a MAJOR introvert, until I have a drink or two.

I can’t tell you when I was last drunk but I can tell you when I will be again.!!

I am guessing this Friday evening when I land in Barcelona to meet up with some other middle aged ladies for a girl’s week away from house, husband, kids and jobs.

Last November- my husband and I went out with a friend who was visiting from out of town- I very rarely get out with adult company. I drink beer at home- maybe as many as three throughout a warm summer evening, but I forgot that those are 12oz. beers as opposed to 20 oz. beers, so every time one appeared in front of me- I drank it. I should mention that I also drink craft beer and didn't really pay attention to the ABV%. Not doing that again.

05....Bourbon Street the night before our cruise. But it was an experience I will never ever regret even dry heaving it (in the bathroom) with two other women in our group as we waited the next day to board the ship. It was soooo much fun as we danced on the balconies overlooking the street. At my age and stage in life (with my lung disease) I'd do it again in a heartbeat. :)

Last edited:
I get slightly tipsy occasionally - had a tequila drink and 4 beers over 3 hours on my birthday and was pleasantly warm and a little silly.
Last time I was actually 'hugging drunk' (Yep, I'm one of those), was a special new year's eve party with my friends the year before I intended to get pregnant (and did). We rented limos, rented out 2 bowling lanes at a special new years eve all you can eat and drink party and boy did we ever. One of the best times we've ever had. I'm a responsible, safe drunk :P

About two months ago. Went to a fest with my parents and their friends and stupidly didn’t pay attention to mixing my alcohol. And then my brother started buying tequila shots for everyone so I took my first ever shot. And then proceeded to throw up in my parents car on the way home. Oops.

Labor Day weekend, camping at our hideaway with our adult kids. Not so bad that I couldn’t remember it the next morning though. 😁

Use to be a drinker and bar hopper in my younger days. Didn't drink when I was married other than a couple beers a year at the company Christmas party or at dinner when we were rarely out without the kids. But been divorced a few years now.

Last year I got a message through FB that said, "XX date, Faps. Be there!"

Awesome! Contacted my brother and he got the same message. An old high school friend coming to town for a visit from NYC. XX date was arriving and I'm looking on Googlemaps around the Pittsburgh area for a club or something called Faps.

Finally I called my brother, he says, "You remember Faps, that's Shawn." Ah, now I get it. An address was included and now I get that too! I recognized the road name, but didn't put it together and was looking for that road in Pittsburgh that might have a club of that name. But look, ole Faps only lives half a mile away from me!

So yes, I got hammered that night as did my brother and his girlfriend and we walked home back to my place to crash. That was last year in July.

June. It was the first time my sister and I had been together in 17 years and the first time we could both legally drink together...that’s all I have to say about that

Oh nooo, the golden rule is never ever ever get drunk at a work thing :p
lol my husband's work has this inside joke. They are a drinking company with an engineering problem.

Drinking at social functions is quite common and sometimes they get a bit too drunk. The only faux pas in terms of work is getting too drunk when vendors or project owners are around.

pic, we know you have some, show us drunken bride
I actually just got back from a wedding over the weekend where the bride got so drunk she threw up outside the window of a car, she also threw up on her dress.

Almost 8 years ago.

I've been tipsy since then but really really drunk the last time was when I went to visit my friend in a college town a couple hours away (she wasn't in college there just relocated with her boyfriend due to a job opportunity for him).

We hit up their bar scene to celebrate her birthday. We'd walk in a bar, buy a shot, take it then walk out and go onto the next bar. We'd get mixed drinks had some beer too. We were quite drunk but oddly I didn't have much nausea and my hangover was quite mild considering how much we had drank. The bars were at least within walking distance to where her rental house was so we walked there and walked back in the middle of December..pretty sure that cold helped a bit at the end of the night lol.

These days in terms of beer it's usually one or two then I'm done. Mixed drinks can be just one depending on how strong they are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter