Ladies-only Valentine Sent/Received thread-COMPLETED

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Three more shopping days after today!! I hope all the exchanges are coming along nicely. :thumbsup2

I stayed in at lunch time today. I have all the stuff here & I thought I'd pack the boxes, just leave the ones for the kids open in case I see Samantha & Dana this weekend & they're able to make something. Well, I found out that I do not have enough stuff for my exchange! So I was kind of planning to go to the mall after work tomorrow, now I really will!

Mine are all boxed up and ready to go out!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: All four of them. :rotfl:

While I was out today I picked up one more special treat for the person I am sending to. I hope she enjoys it. :goodvibes

Ummm... Beth, I am not sure that I will be able to get my package out today... :sad2: I will try my hardest though. If I cannot do it today I wont be able to do it until next weekend.. Let me know if that is a problem. :hug:

Ummm... Beth, I am not sure that I will be able to get my package out today... :sad2: I will try my hardest though. If I cannot do it today I wont be able to do it until next weekend.. Let me know if that is a problem. :hug:

Hey Wendy! I'm not Beth, but the send by date is Monday, the 29th. :thumbsup2

I have mine all ready to go !!! I will post if I get it to the post office today or Monday :yay:

I just found out that I won't be watching the girls this weekend. So I will be mailing my packages on Monday.

Well, just do your best to get it out either today or on Monday.
If not, then just let me know and I will pass that onto your person. I understand stuff happens sometimes, as long as I know about it we can work it out. Thanks for the heads up! :)

I have mine all ready to go !!! I will post if I get it to the post office today or Monday :yay:
Sounds good!!! :cool1:

Mine went out this morning.:cool1:
:woohoo: :woohoo: Great!!!

I'll be sending out reminders to everyone tomorrow that Monday is the mail-by date.

I had fun with this one!! I know the girls are super excited too. :yay:

Easter is April 8.....:rolleyes1
I am thinking of starting sign-ups for an Easter basket exchange sometime in March. I am just not sure if it should include kids or not.

On the one hand, it's fun for the kids. On the other hand, they usually already get something for Easter. I mean, most kids get a basket just like most kids get a Christmas stocking. Right?

It's us moms/aunts who get could use a fun Easter basket surprise. ;) So, as of right now I am kind of leaning towards making it an adult only one. :confused:

But I'd like some opinions if anyone has any advice.

I love Easter and did the one on the CB last year. I got the cutest stuff in that. :goodvibes
I'll also be hosting the flip-flop exchange on the CB again this year and that starts in April.

Would you believe I have had a hard time shopping for this one? We just don't seem to have a great Valentine section at any of the stores I have checked out.

I'll be going out again tomorrow to try a few more stores...

I'll be sending out reminders to everyone tomorrow that Monday is the mail-by date.

I had fun with this one!! I know the girls are super excited too. :yay:

Easter is April 8.....:rolleyes1
I am thinking of starting sign-ups for an Easter basket exchange sometime in March. I am just not sure if it should include kids or not.

On the one hand, it's fun for the kids. On the other hand, they usually already get something for Easter. I mean, most kids get a basket just like most kids get a Christmas stocking. Right?

It's us moms/aunts who get could use a fun Easter basket surprise. ;) So, as of right now I am kind of leaning towards making it an adult only one. :confused:

But I'd like some opinions if anyone has any advice.

I love Easter and did the one on the CB last year. I got the cutest stuff in that. :goodvibes
I'll also be hosting the flip-flop exchange on the CB again this year and that starts in April.

I say adults only. I know that all the kids I'll see on Easter (we're going to VA this year) will have Easter baskets all over the place--mom & dad, their Aunt Miss & their Aunt Maribeth (my unmarried sister) will be giving them something. But Aunts/Moms? Not so much. So adults only. But I would love to do this one too.

Would you believe I have had a hard time shopping for this one? We just don't seem to have a great Valentine section at any of the stores I have checked out.

Kelly, I can believe it. Other than Wal-mart & Party City, I was disappointed in the selection of stuff. And the prices were crazy. And I'm sure it was worse for you in Canada since you don't have the same stores we do. But as long as there's chocolate (even if it's not wrapped in red paper) it'll be good!

Really? I'm sorry. Perhaps Valentines Day is just one of those that isn't celebrated much there? :confused3

I say adults only. I know that all the kids I'll see on Easter (we're going to VA this year) will have Easter baskets all over the place--mom & dad, their Aunt Miss & their Aunt Maribeth (my unmarried sister) will be giving them something. But Aunts/Moms? Not so much. So adults only. But I would love to do this one too.
That's kind of what I was thinking. I'd love to get a basket. LOL And I can already think of some fun things to put in an adults Easter basket.

Kelly, I can believe it. Other than Wal-mart & Party City, I was disappointed in the selection of stuff. And the prices were crazy. And I'm sure it was worse for you in Canada since you don't have the same stores we do. But as long as there's chocolate (even if it's not wrapped in red paper) it'll be good!
Hmmm, odd. I wonder why we have so much of the stuff here.

Wal-greens had tons of it. Wal-mart too, at least 4 aisles full!! Meijer had alot of stuff too but that store is only in MI, ILL, IN, OH, and KY.

I have no doubt that whatever you all put together will be wonderful and much appreciated. :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Well, my packages are all ready to go. They should be going out around 10 AM!

I did find stuff in Wal-Mart, but that was Saturday night. Party City was awesome, and the prices were great. I was disappointed in my usual stores--Kmart & Duane Reade (which is like CVS). They had stuff, but not as much as in the past, and they never had any sales.

I thought I'd be able to sneak over to the post office at 10, but I need to meet with one of my bosses about a project at 10:30, so I'll be mailing them later. But they will go out today.

TODAY IS THE MAIL BY DATE!!!!!!

LOL
Mine will be going out in a little while. I am just heading out the door now to do some errands so I will post again once they go out.

Have a great day everyone and I hope to come back to lots of posts about mailed packages. ;) :thumbsup2

I just got home from sending my packages - since the post office is in the drug store, I did a little extra shopping and put some stuff in there before I sealed it up :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter