Lactose free milk?

mulderxcoltrane

DIS Veteran
hi folks,

My son is lactose intolerant. Before we head down to WDW in a few weeks, we were wondering if anyone knew whether or not Disney restaurants (quick and/or table) have lactose free milk (main brand is lactaid). On the cruise line they do, but this dietary issue is fairly new to us.

We just ordered groceries from garden grocer and got a quart to keep in the room. When we were in restaurants, we just ordered juice or water. (Our 3yr old is also lactose intolerant).

My husband and daughter are also lactose intolerant.. We have looked all over WDW (quick serves, inquired at various restaurants on site, at gift shops, and even checked the Swan & Dolphin). None of the restaurants or quick serve locations have lactaid milk but they have soy milk. Also, if your son takes the over the counter pills for the intolerance be aware they are not sold anywhere on property so be sure to take what's need from home.

I'm not certain if Lactaid or other lactose-free dairy milks are available, but many restaurants offer non-dairy choices such as almond milk or rice milk which may be an option for your son.

Do you know if they make single serve boxes of Lactaid? If so, another option is to place a grocery order with We Go Shop or Garden Grocer, etc to get enough milk for your trip (and other snacks). And, of course, there are many other beverage choices at Disney World so I'm sure he'll find something delicious to drink! :)

How about checking w/the folks who take dining reservations by phone? Failing that, you could order from Garden Grocer or Amazon Fresh. Or take a taxi to one of the area supermarkets - Publix, Winn Dixie and Goodings are close (Goodings is pricey, IMHO). I have the same issue, but can handle fat-free milk pretty well. Ask your doctor if the Lactaid OTC pills might help too (but yes, bring from home). Good luck!

We just bring along a Costco-sized box of lactase enzyme pills (DH, DD, and I are all lactose intolerant). DD is the only one who drinks milk (besides DS), but this way we don't have to worry about eating foods with lactose.

hi folks,

My son is lactose intolerant. Before we head down to WDW in a few weeks, we were wondering if anyone knew whether or not Disney restaurants (quick and/or table) have lactose free milk (main brand is lactaid). On the cruise line they do, but this dietary issue is fairly new to us.

We just bring along a Costco-sized box of lactase enzyme pills (DH, DD, and I are all lactose intolerant). DD is the only one who drinks milk (besides DS), but this way we don't have to worry about eating foods with lactose.

This exactly. This is what DBF does. He can't tolerate dairy and takes those at home and the World so he doesn't have to worry too much about what he's eating or to find lactaid milk. Also, as others have said Disney offers Almond, Rice and Soy milk (and ice cream) as alternatives to those of us that have allergies/are lactose intolerant. Good luck

We will have a car and always have Lactaid pills on us, it's just easier to not have to use them if there's lactose-free milk like there was on the Magic when we sailed in December. Was just hoping at least table service dining would have it. Bummer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter