KA WA‘A, a luau at Aulani - ??

For those who are DVC, does anyone know if there will be a DVC discount for the luau?

Robin & Angel "D"

Has anyone heard if Ka Wa'a may get cancelled? We will be at Aulani for a week in May 2017 and called to make reservations when we were exactly 60 days out. They said they didn't have the May calendar yet and stated to call back after Monday of this week. Today is Tuesday, 3/14/17 so I called. Again, they didn't have the calendar. I probed a little more and she said "they are trying to figure out the possible new location. But Disney Corporate hasn't made the decision yet." I then said "well, that's a little strange. What do you suggest I do if I want to make sure we reserve at least one date when we are there." She said "we can take your name and number so we can let you know as soon we find out" I then asked "oh no...is it possible they may not even have Ka Wa'a when we arrive in May?" She then said "yes - that is a possibility. I'm sorry." I was so looking forward to this show -

Last edited:

I have also bee calling for over a week. They just keep telling me they don't have the schedule yet for May. We are arriving May 6. I'm going to be so sad if they cancel it. We will be there with a 4 year old and a 2 year old and like the idea that the luaua is on property if the 2 years old can't hang the whole time.

I have also bee calling for over a week. They just keep telling me they don't have the schedule yet for May. We are arriving May 6. I'm going to be so sad if they cancel it. We will be there with a 4 year old and a 2 year old and like the idea that the luaua is on property if the 2 years old can't hang the whole time.

If you hear anything please let us know! We have a 5 and almost 2 year old - we are going to the Polynesian Cultural Center on May 11 but opted for just the general admission (sans Luau) because we wanted to do the one on property....I sure hope the "calendar for May" suddenly appears.

Update!! Calendar was available when I called today - they are renovating the lawn so there is a new location for the Luau in May. Whew!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter