Just got back from HHI...God, we love it!

CMedley78

Mouseketeer
This was the first trip with the family (myself, my husband, and our 7 month old son) and it was just the perfect 1st family vacation for us. First and foremost, it was SO relaxing. We have a lot going on back home, so this trip was needed. I think I felt the stress melt off my shoulders as soon as we drove over the bridge on to the island. Secondly, the vacation was the perfect low-key vacation which was great for our son. We went to the pool, went to the beach, took walks every morning...my little man loved it. He especially loved the beach with the waves coming in and out. He had himself a great time splashing around each time a wave came in. For dinner we luckily hit the early bird dinners and got a great deal (usually around $14.95 per meal) and then had time to stroll around Sea Pines, Coligny, and the other areas after dinner. Also, we went to the Low-Country Boiler at the Disney Beach House and I highly recommend it. The food was good and the entertainment for the kids was great.

On another note, we stayed in a studio last summer and then in a one-bedroom this year. Well, after staying in the one bedroom, we decided that we needed to add on. I don't know if it was the martinis talking or what, but it just made sense to pick up the phone and add on. So, of course we did! We have enough points to get a one-bedroom every other year. Now, we would love to go every year, but I think we are going to wait a few years to add on those points. I need to add on at SSR first. :)

If you haven't visited HHI, you must go. You will love it as much as we do!

That sounds like a wonderful vacation. Congratulations on your add on!

Someday we will visit HHI. Right now, VB and the Jersey shore are our beach homes, and really, we don't need to be tempted any more.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I totally agree, MY DW and I love HHI, we make the trip once a year just to relax. We always try to get the one bedroom also.

We also love HHI resort. After 4 visits, we had to add on to get 11 month window! We are returing next week 8/12-8/15. It is very relaxing and a complete opposite of the hustle of WDW. Love having both options!
Connears

This was the first trip with the family (myself, my husband, and our 7 month old son) and it was just the perfect 1st family vacation for us. First and foremost, it was SO relaxing. We have a lot going on back home, so this trip was needed. I think I felt the stress melt off my shoulders as soon as we drove over the bridge on to the island. Secondly, the vacation was the perfect low-key vacation which was great for our son. We went to the pool, went to the beach, took walks every morning...my little man loved it. He especially loved the beach with the waves coming in and out. He had himself a great time splashing around each time a wave came in. For dinner we luckily hit the early bird dinners and got a great deal (usually around $14.95 per meal) and then had time to stroll around Sea Pines, Coligny, and the other areas after dinner. Also, we went to the Low-Country Boiler at the Disney Beach House and I highly recommend it. The food was good and the entertainment for the kids was great.

On another note, we stayed in a studio last summer and then in a one-bedroom this year. Well, after staying in the one bedroom, we decided that we needed to add on. I don't know if it was the martinis talking or what, but it just made sense to pick up the phone and add on. So, of course we did! We have enough points to get a one-bedroom every other year. Now, we would love to go every year, but I think we are going to wait a few years to add on those points. I need to add on at SSR first. :)

If you haven't visited HHI, you must go. You will love it as much as we do!

Well.... I am not sure, but I think maybe your little man is a surf rider... Next time you go down, stop by Ron Jons surf shop and get him a boogie board of his own... What else can I say....

We also love HHI resort. After 4 visits, we had to add on to get 11 month window! We are returing next week 8/12-8/15. It is very relaxing and a complete opposite of the hustle of WDW. Love having both options!
Connears

So glad to hear you had a great trip and that you liked the one bedroom. We are making our first trip home 8/12-8/15 as well - one bedroom with DH and DS 6 and DS 5. We can't wait to ride bikes, hit the beach, etc. Connears we hope to meet you there - we'll be the family with the tag along bikes (one adult/one child tandem bikes) riding all over the island! I can almost hear the waves now....

VB owner here. Haven't been to HHI but hope to soon. Your report screams to me.......MORE OFFSITE LOCATIONS!

VB owner here. Haven't been to HHI but hope to soon. Your report screams to me.......MORE OFFSITE LOCATIONS!

Didn't to me. I have stayed there.

I LOVE Hilton Head Island. Didnt' really like the DVC location at all so I sold the onlye OFFSITE LOCATION I owned with DVC and would probably never buy from DVC again for anything but Disney.

If you have kids, don't miss Greg Russell at Harbour Town in Sea Pines.

Didn't to me. I have stayed there.

I LOVE Hilton Head Island. Didnt' really like the DVC location at all so I sold the onlye OFFSITE LOCATION I owned with DVC and would probably never buy from DVC again for anything but Disney.

If you have kids, don't miss Greg Russell at Harbour Town in Sea Pines.

:confused3 Not even Vero Beach?

I have not stayed at Disney's Vero Beach. I have been to Vero..... I like HHI much better overall. Maybe someday I will stay at Vero, but it's not on my list anytime soon.

Thanks for reporting. Glad you had a great vacation.

We just got back from HHI today too. Unfortunately we didn't stay at the DVC resort. We were at the Grand Ocean, I told dh that I felt like the "magic" was missing so we might need to add more points so we can take a side trip to HHI. We tried to do Rachel Ray's $40 a day restaurants, but unfortunately didn't make it to Signe's Bakery in time for a seat. The whole joint was filled to capacity and with the rain today there were no seats except in the rain. We'll definitely be making it back though. It was so relaxing.

DH is wanting to go to HHI next summer, but I'm afraid July will be too hot & muggy. Was the weather ok when you were there?

jejojual,
Need that we will be there same time! we are driving from MA on sat and staying in Fayetteville on sat night and trying to arrive early on Sun to take advantage of the resort. We have always had good luck in getting room early..hope the same holds true. Hope to catch up with you.
Connears

connears and jejojual: Hope to see you both there. We're arriving Sunday also, staying til Friday. Can't wait to relax!

I would say the possibility of nonWDW locations in the future is very, very good.

I would say the possibility of nonWDW locations in the future is very, very good.

I don't get it.

Disney had trouble selling the two they had. Vero was "downsized" from it's original plan.

And they don't make as much on "resale" There is a reason they use ROFR. They can "buy back at $80 and sell at $90" That model doesn't seem to be working for them on HH or VB.

I can't see that this is a good model for Disney OUTSIDE of Disney parks. (And they sold the land in Paris to Marriott didn't they?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter