Just booked Christmas at Universal instead of Disney

Well that didn't last long. It says it's no longer available. Probably cause I clicked on it about 5 times this morning to price stuff out.

Not sure on how the refund of park packages work for Universal but Sea World is a one day park. It's nice because it's smaller and you don't have to walk as far. With the new coaster open, it should relieve the wait times at the other coasters a bit. If you're not a coaster person (they have 4 large coasters), there's 3 nice shows, and the penguines sharks, manatees/ turtles, sting rays and fish to see. Atlantis, the log flume ride, is one of their best rides. If you want to do the rapids/ falls ride, save it for last. you will get soaked. Sesame Place area is small but cute.

Just checked again now and the rooms were available again so I called and they modified my current package with this new package pricing and I saved $240 for the exact same thing I had.

I have to think about switching to HRH but I have a sweet deal right now at Loews. Rep was amazing and only a 60 second hold.

Last edited:
Southwest Air has opened up fares through Jan 2023 incase anyone was waiting.

I was able to book my flights yesterday, although there was only 1 non-stop option each way. Hopefully they will add an early morning flight so we can get some vacation hours back.

Just thought I would give an update. Keep checking your existing packages for price reductions. I've had 2 in the last few months and saved a total of $450. The airfare also dropped by $100 per person.

Check them every week.

I didn't end up booking any extra activities like Grinchmas. but made a few dinner reservations since I an not sure what the walk-up crowds will be or even trying to get dinner at the hotels.

Booked:

Vivo Italian Kitchen
Toothsome Chocolate Emporium (mainly for my DD)
Bigfire
Whispering Canyon

This title suits me also. My DD mentioned wanting to go to see the holiday parade at Magic Kingdom and do a night of Mickey's Christmas party. Sounded good to me but the prices for the dates we would go (mid December) at $180 each...ouch...not so good. Plus all the dates were sold out except one...not sure if that's good or bad. Then trying to coordinate resorts, etc....decided to look into Universal since we can get annual passes for $200 good for the rest of this year and all of next year for not much more than one night at Magic Kingdom. Sure we are missing out on all that "free" hot cocoa and cookies...but that's okay.

We did Universal adults only a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Loved the Grinch show, loved the parade, Hogwarts lights were okay. Two of our college kids are going with this time, we'll do one night at RPR for the Express pass. Hoping we can still do the Grinch show and parade during our 2 nights there.

While I'm a bit sad about Disney pricing us out, I'll be okay with this other holiday experience. We did Disney a few times over the summer so I'll wait until some new stuff is there before going back. If they would sell their APs again to regular people then it would be a different story but I won't get my hopes up.

Why do you think you won't be able to see the Grinch show and parade?

The Grinch Show...I know you have to get in line pretty much during the previous show to see the next show...or that's how it was for us when we went last time. If you weren't in line an hour early...the show was closed. My adult kids aren't exactly known for the patience for stuff like that. Rides sure...shows not so much...not that they have to go but I think they would enjoy it.

Parade...just a matter of timing and making sure we are in the parks for it. Again last time we lined up really early at the start of the route...which seemed like a good idea. However when the parade finished and you tried to get to other parts of the park...you ended up having to cross over the parade route and go through the crowds again anyway, so it wasn't the best idea.

I would also love to meet the Grinch...we haven't done that...which from what I read is now at least a virtual queue so we wouldn't have to line up for that one as I remember seeing those lines before. I will just have to research how to snag a time to meet him that way.

The Grinch Show...I know you have to get in line pretty much during the previous show to see the next show...or that's how it was for us when we went last time. If you weren't in line an hour early...the show was closed. My adult kids aren't exactly known for the patience for stuff like that. Rides sure...shows not so much...not that they have to go but I think they would enjoy it.

Parade...just a matter of timing and making sure we are in the parks for it. Again last time we lined up really early at the start of the route...which seemed like a good idea. However when the parade finished and you tried to get to other parts of the park...you ended up having to cross over the parade route and go through the crowds again anyway, so it wasn't the best idea.

I would also love to meet the Grinch...we haven't done that...which from what I read is now at least a virtual queue so we wouldn't have to line up for that one as I remember seeing those lines before. I will just have to research how to snag a time to meet him that way.
We went to an 11:15 show of Grinchmas showing up at 11:10. No waiting at all. We sat in the back, which was fine.

The virtual queue for meeting the Grinch is really really hard to get a time slot. In 2 days of trying, I only had times show up 3 times and as soon as I clicked, they were already gone.

So our experience is that Grinchmas was much much easier to experience than the meet and greet.

This title suits me also. My DD mentioned wanting to go to see the holiday parade at Magic Kingdom and do a night of Mickey's Christmas party. Sounded good to me but the prices for the dates we would go (mid December) at $180 each...ouch...not so good. Plus all the dates were sold out except one...not sure if that's good or bad. Then trying to coordinate resorts, etc....decided to look into Universal since we can get annual passes for $200 good for the rest of this year and all of next year for not much more than one night at Magic Kingdom. Sure we are missing out on all that "free" hot cocoa and cookies...but that's okay.

We did Universal adults only a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Loved the Grinch show, loved the parade, Hogwarts lights were okay. Two of our college kids are going with this time, we'll do one night at RPR for the Express pass. Hoping we can still do the Grinch show and parade during our 2 nights there.

While I'm a bit sad about Disney pricing us out, I'll be okay with this other holiday experience. We did Disney a few times over the summer so I'll wait until some new stuff is there before going back. If they would sell their APs again to regular people then it would be a different story but I won't get my hopes up.
Not sure when you are going or what type of annual pass you are getting for $200, just be careful of the blockout dates for US for Mannheim Steamroller concerts Sat & Sun in Dec

I book UO bus transportation from the airport to our hotel. Where do you grab that at? I remember for Disney, you grab your bags and then head toward the end where the lanes were roped off for each hotel.

I book UO bus transportation from the airport to our hotel. Where do you grab that at? I remember for Disney, you grab your bags and then head toward the end where the lanes were roped off for each hotel.
So you will grab your bags and then they should email you a map. It’s in the same area mears picks up from what I remember! It could have changed but I hope this helps!

Just like WDW hotels the Universal Resorts have great decorations and lots of activities. We love the xmas opera singers at PBH with a Starbucks or gelato. CBBR has something different in the lobby every night.

I didn't know UO has bus transportation. Is this similar to the former Disney's Magical Express? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter