Just back... if on budget do timeshare pres!

Please, if you are going to do time share demos just for the tickets, don't. The people who are doing the time shares most always earn a *very* small salary and commission or commission only. When you sit through a 2 or 3 hour presentation knowing that you aren't in the market for a time share you are wasting time that they could be selling to someone who may legitimately be wanting to buy a time share or who could be talked in to it.

Please don't come down on me for this plea. I have a friend that sells time shares and when she spends half a morning doing her sales pitch to someone who only wants the incentives, it actually costs her money. They are people too trying to make a living. Some are pros and can spot the "moochers" in a heart beat and will soften their sales pitch and shorten the program to get them out of their offices and others are selling time shares because they are taking any job they can get.

Sorry to offend. This is just a sore spot with me.

:earsgirl:

58 more days!

I'll "mooch" off Disney as much as possible. Do they offer anything for going through a DVC presentation? We don't need passes. We just bought AP's.

Thanks everyone for your support and suggestions.

Finally we have made resevations in a 3* Hotel thrur Priceline(got it for $22+ $5). Thanks a lot Robinb for the link to bidding.

I am still working with the westgate resort to cancel my resevation with them for next week. The person in charge of handling the cancellation has been out of her office (as said by one of the representative)since morning and it is making me nervous. I hope she is not ignoring me and hope get a call from her soon as only she can credit my $170 back to my credit card.

Anyway thanks a lot for all ur help.

6 more days to go!!!!!!!

We did this a few years ago at Westgate to get the cheap condo. My husband and I went to the am presentation (you both have to go). We told them from the beginning that we only had a babysitter until 930 (which was 90 minutes later). At that point, we said we need to go "now" politely. She tried to get us to stay. I reminded her (with a smile on my face) that Florida sales presentation law was very clear about necessary disclosures and that I am sure that she did not want me to place a call to the Secretary of State's office with a complaint. (Helps to be a lawyer sometimes). That worked nicely.

By the way, the 2 bedroom condo we had was really nice. The grounds were ok as well (lots of pools, ducks for the baby to throw bread at, etc.) and at the time it included free breakfast by the pool most mornings.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Ritu:

Good luck in getting your refund! Let us know how things go.

You got a great rate using Priceline :D. Which hotel did you end up with?

With all the good rates out there, I wouldn't bother with a timeshare! A friend of mine did it back in Sept at Calypso Cay. They went up to orlando (from s fl) for the weekend to visit her family (down from Mass). They got an offer for a "free room", so they took it. Well..... that was $8,000 ago!!!! Mind you, they didn't even have the money to go into any parks and they don't have money to go into any parks this May when they stay at their new "timeshare". They think they made a great deal (with payments over $200 a month). After all ,they get to stay in a luxury resort for a week a year for the rest of their lives!!! In my opinon that money would be better off in a mutual fund every month. With a family income well below 50k , only one car (that barely works), and a home in desperate need of repair, I feel my friends were "swept away" by the beautiful models and how much "sense " the salespeople made . My point is simple. If you need a free room , you can't afford a timeshare. It is a luxury. Take those stopwatches. These people are good at what they do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter