• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

just back from RP -Great family vacation

lsb312

Earning My Ears
Just got back from RP and we had a great time. Despite the fact that I have a Loew's gold card I was unable to get any type of upgrade but I did not really expect to at such a busy time of the year.We had a standard room in tower 3 on the 6th floor. The room faced Wet and Wild, not much of a view but we did not spend much time in the room anyway. My girls are ages 9 and 13 and they love the RP. We used the pool a lot as the weather was hot and sunny. The pool was crowded but after some hunting we found lounge chairs. We walked over to the pool at the HR one day to hang out at their pool and check out the water slide. The HR was way too crowded for my taste. The pool is great but people were literally fighting over lounge chairs. We tried Wet and Wild and loved it. We took a cab for $4.50 so we could be on our own time schedule but I understand the hotel runs a free shuttle. TheUniversal parks were crowded but the fotl express pass was awesome as usual! My girls rode The Mummy 10 times and LOVED it. There was no fotl express pass for the Mummy but the single rider line moved pretty quick. The girls did get stuck in The Mummy for about 20 minutes when it broke down but they continued to ride it again and again. The RP had a nice egg hunt on Easter. We tried Tchoup Tchuop for dinner one night. My fish (opah) with a macademia crust was very good. My husband's pork chop was just OK. The girls both had Fetticini Alfredo and they both enjoyed it . The restaurant is very attractive and fun. I think it is a bit over priced but it is worth trying at least once. We had the deal where the room price included two adult park tickets which was great. The other two tickets I ordered through a Kraft link on this board. Despite the fact that I ordered the tickets online in January, I had no problem retrieving the tickets through the machine at the parks. I saw some one post information on this board that the machine only stores info for 3 months. I had to ask for our cookies and milk 3 times but finally did receive them on our last night. I was able to use my gold card for a late check out which was great because we had a late flight and wanted to use the pool one last time. All in all , we had a great family vacation and I would definately return. I have stayed at PB before and really enjoyed the larger room but RP is closer to the parks and less expensive . I think I would try the HR at a not busy time of the year.

Great report. We love the RPR. It is alot of fun. My son and I played alot in the water area.

Thanks for the nice report. I am glad you had a good time. Our family loves RPR too. I agree with you 100% about the HRH pool. We have visited there twice while staying at RPR and it's always too crowded for my taste. The last time we were there it really wasn't that crowded, but yet all the chairs were claimed with towels on them. That bugs me. There were towels all over chairs near us, and not once in the 3 hours we were there did anyone come to sit in those chairs or use the towels. People try to save chairs everywhere I know, but I haven't noticed this going on at RPR.

sounds like you guys had a fantastic time

reading trip reports from RPR makes me even more excited for my vacation:hyper:

thanks for sharing

lisa:sunny:

Thanks for sharing I agree really liked the RPR its funny about the welcome gift because we got 3 as they got first 2 wrong as for the HRH pool it is pretty good but smaller than RPR but when we tried HRH we booked a Cabana which I highly recomend for pool hopping:jester:

My family is still laughing about a woman who had a cabana at the HR who had a complete temper tantrum when she thought a man was going to take one of her reserved lounge chairs. She was inside the cabana with the curtains drawn, so it looked like the cabana was empty. A man searching for a lounge stopped near her lounge which was outside and empty. Instead of just politely telling him it was reserved, she starts screaming Can't you read, grabbed the chair and then loudly let it drop. Everyone around the pool was laughing at her, she made a complete idiot of herself . I will never forget how silly she looked. Anyway, renting a cabana at busy times at HR is obviously a good idea. Can you rent a cabana at HR even if you are staying at RP?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter