Just back from California - I LOVED IT!

Torontogal

Mouseketeer & Disney Vacation Club Member
Hi all,

First I just want to thank everyone who responded to my endless posts over the last month. We returned from CA and had an amazing time! I fell in love with California!

Sorry for the lack of detail - but I am still recovering. We saw Santa Monica Pier, Laguna Beach (at the Montage Hotel), Pebble Beach (17-Mile Drive), Disneyland (stayed at Disneyland Hotel - pool view - Marina), saw Carmel by the Sea, San Diego Zoo, Legoland, drove on the Pacific Coast Highway which was fantastic! I loved the scenic views which will be in my mind forever. I will always remember the gorgeous sunset of La Jolla. We also saw Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Hollywood, San Francisco and Monterey. Hollywood is kind of seedy and not as glamourous as one would expect. It was interesting though! Overall, I loved CA and cannot wait to go back.

The only thing I did not like was the crazy and rude drivers who speed. LA is like a race course - people simply do not give you a chance to merge. I will also never complain about Toronto traffic again! NEVER.

I loved all the pretty flowers, sunsets, Pacific Ocean, wonderful beaches, scenery with so much beauty. Even the weeds are gorgeous.

I had a great vacation and if anyone is considering CA as a vacation destination - I highly recommend it. IT IS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL STATES IN MY OPINION. I MISS IT...:sad1:

I am glad that you had such a great trip!!! I particularly hope that you enjoyed LegoLand!!
I would like to apologize if I was one of the crazed drivers that put a wrinkle in your trip!!! Any particular trouble with a Honda Element driven by a redhead? Actually, I am not rude...I let people merge, I understand the machanics of a 4 way stop, and actually, without fail, use my turn signal!! However, I am in the minority!! I do drive fast, however!!
Until you drive here, other traffic seems bad. I am from Columbus, Ohio and thought I used to get caught in traffic there!! Now, each year when I am there for a convention, I think there is NO traffic!!!! The D.C. beltway is the only area I have driven that even compares!!!
So, beware anyone coming here....the horrors you have heard of the freeways are true!!!

Hurrah for your trip!!!!! Amy

I completely agree!! I too fell in love with California after our visit two weeks ago. We have only been to Florida in the past and I really didn't think California would beat that but it did. I agree with you about Hollywood, a bit run down and needs a tidy up, but I am so glad I saw it. Disneyland was fab, as was California Adventure. But California beats Florida hands down with the weather. Two weeks of glorious sunshine and not a drop of rain!! Brilliant!:banana:

Hi Toronto Gal
Look slike we were there about the same time - we were in SoCa- LA, Catalina, Santa Monica, Anaheim and then San Diego... I agree, it truly was a beautiful visit! But I wanted to add something about the drivers ... what did you think about the motorcyclists!?? I just about died the first time on eof them drove between the lanes!!!:scared1:

Hi all,

First I just want to thank everyone who responded to my endless posts over the last month. We returned from CA and had an amazing time! I fell in love with California!

Sorry for the lack of detail - but I am still recovering. We saw Santa Monica Pier, Laguna Beach (at the Montage Hotel), Pebble Beach (17-Mile Drive), Disneyland (stayed at Disneyland Hotel - pool view - Marina), saw Carmel by the Sea, San Diego Zoo, Legoland, drove on the Pacific Coast Highway which was fantastic! I loved the scenic views which will be in my mind forever. I will always remember the gorgeous sunset of La Jolla. We also saw Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Hollywood, San Francisco and Monterey. Hollywood is kind of seedy and not as glamourous as one would expect. It was interesting though! Overall, I loved CA and cannot wait to go back.

The only thing I did not like was the crazy and rude drivers who speed. LA is like a race course - people simply do not give you a chance to merge. I will also never complain about Toronto traffic again! NEVER.

I loved all the pretty flowers, sunsets, Pacific Ocean, wonderful beaches, scenery with so much beauty. Even the weeds are gorgeous.

I had a great vacation and if anyone is considering CA as a vacation destination - I highly recommend it. IT IS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL STATES IN MY OPINION. I MISS IT...:sad1:

I LIVE here and can't stand it. Glad you had fun though. :)

Hey all,
Thanks for your reply! ;)

Canadianpaco - LOL - I know what you mean! I freaked when a motorcyclist would drive between the lanes! It was really scary and could not believe it! Glad you guys had a good time too!

Grumpy - I loved Legoland and thanks for your coupons once again. My children had a great time and I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did. It was great and I got many lovely photos. Thanks again!

Deletedpenguin - Can't believe you hate CA! It is so beautiful! It was wonderful seeing flowers everywhere and I just love the palm trees! You can't beat the Pacific Ocean and amazing sunsets! It truly is beautiful!

Sounds wonderful!
I just booked our flights to CA next summer.
Our plan is Yosemite, DL and other attractions in the Anaheim area, Santa Barbara and San Diego. Can't wait!

I am glad you had fun in CA. I want to move there eventually.

The drivers...I am use to them since I am from the NJ/NYC area and we drive nuts too. LOL.

Deletedpenguin - Can't believe you hate CA! It is so beautiful! It was wonderful seeing flowers everywhere and I just love the palm trees! You can't beat the Pacific Ocean and amazing sunsets! It truly is beautiful!

Oh, I love California, just hate the way people drive here. It's always a race.

Hi Toronto Gal
Look slike we were there about the same time - we were in SoCa- LA, Catalina, Santa Monica, Anaheim and then San Diego... I agree, it truly was a beautiful visit! But I wanted to add something about the drivers ... what did you think about the motorcyclists!?? I just about died the first time on eof them drove between the lanes!!!:scared1:

You mean they don't drive like that everywhere? ;)

I just got back from Europe -- if you think people drive crazy here, you should see how they drive in Italy! I was sitting behind the bus driver & actually hid my eyes behind my hands because those drivers were a little intimidating!

Hi all,

Hello,

I am from Toronto too!!!

I am starting to plan for next August I would like to go to LA to celebrate my 40th birthday. Can you please provide me some more details. I would like to fly from buffalo. I am also thinking of taking a 4 day Royal Carribean Cruise. I would love to know where you flew from and what your travel path was.

Thanks

Chowboys - you will have an amazing time in CA. We spent 2 weeks there and briefly, here is our itinerary -

-Flew into LA -saw Santa Monica Pier and area
-Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Sunset Strip, etc. I recommend the Starline tours.
-Laguna Beach - parked at the Montage Hotel. It was gorgeous!
-Disneyland for a few days - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
-La Jolla - don't miss the sunsets!
-San Diego and area (Zoo, Mission Bay and Legoland)
-Hotel Del Coronado - really worth it
-17 Mile Drive - Pebble Beach
-Pacific Coast Highway - I will never forget it. It was like a postcard
-Monterary Bay - Cannery Row and Fisherman's Wharf
-San Francisco (Golden Gate, Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf) Super pretty city but cooler than the rest of CA.)

Let me know if you have any questions. We want to go back and see the spots we missed due to lack of time. I bought the Lonely Planet Guide for California which really helped. Also, call the California tourism offices and get brochures mailed to you now.

Hollywood is kind of seedy and not as glamourous as one would expect. It was interesting though!

We went there last Sept and found that they don't call it HollyWeird for nothing! :teeth:

Kimya

Come back anytime (bring more money!!)

Da Govenator needs you to listen now and remember later!pirate:

Chowboys - you will have an amazing time in CA. We spent 2 weeks there and briefly, here is our itinerary -

-Flew into LA -saw Santa Monica Pier and area
-Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Sunset Strip, etc. I recommend the Starline tours.
-Laguna Beach - parked at the Montage Hotel. It was gorgeous!
-Disneyland for a few days - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
-La Jolla - don't miss the sunsets!
-San Diego and area (Zoo, Mission Bay and Legoland)
-Hotel Del Coronado - really worth it
-17 Mile Drive - Pebble Beach
-Pacific Coast Highway - I will never forget it. It was like a postcard
-Monterary Bay - Cannery Row and Fisherman's Wharf
-San Francisco (Golden Gate, Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf) Super pretty city but cooler than the rest of CA.)

Let me know if you have any questions. We want to go back and see the spots we missed due to lack of time. I bought the Lonely Planet Guide for California which really helped. Also, call the California tourism offices and get brochures mailed to you now.

California is absolutely lovely. I am glad to hear you enjoyed it!:thumbsup2

As a Californian, glad to hear other people enjoy this place as much as I do :goodvibes I live in La Jolla and I never get sick of the sunsets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter